Anyone else think Madden would work well on WiiU?

#11bigslim816Posted 7/30/2014 7:35:57 PM
andizzle29662 posted...
R_Hunter posted...
*laughter*

EA support Nintendo? You have a better chance of a model knocking at your door in the next five minutes.

Lmaoo they could throw us a bone. Madden hasn't been selling as well as it use to, I don't see it being that expensive to port 15 to WiiU and Vita.

EA isn't throwing any bones. If its true that they plan to release Fifa 15 for the Wii but not WiiU, that is a slap in the face. If I was Nintendo I wouldn't allow it.
---
You wanna play blind man, go walk with the shepherd, but me, my eyes are wide f'n open.
F*** a fanboy!
#12BrianCraigSmithPosted 7/31/2014 1:24:25 AM
Papi010 posted...
Haven't bought a wii u yet although I plan to soon. The fact that Madden isn't on the console really blows. I can imagine the game pad would work well, especially with play books.

Madden 13 is on Wii U. I'm going to buy it from eShop, eventually, but I'm in no rush.
---
PSN: Handsomistic1
NNID: Handsomistic15
#13EoinPosted 7/31/2014 3:38:44 AM
If EA didn't consider the "crappy port" worthwhile, they are hardly likely to consider something "built from the ground up".

BoomerTheGreat posted...
That sub service actually would have made sense if they supported the U since there is no other sub on WiiU.

Now that's an interesting thought. Obviously EA won't be bringing Access to the Wii U, but with a precedent set for third party game subscription services on consoles and no "official" Nintendo subscription to compete with, it's not impossible to imagine a third party wanting to start such a service on Wii U.

I wonder if Nintendo would be okay with it. They're certainly not against the concept of subscriptions, as DQX shows.

bigslim816 posted...
If its true that they plan to release Fifa 15 for the Wii but not WiiU, that is a slap in the face.

There's no "if". EA's plans for FIFA 15 are well confirmed - PS3, PS4, Vita, 360, Xbox One, PC, 3DS and Wii all get versions. 3DS, Vita and Wii get "legacy editions" - so that means an old FIFA game, repainted.

The Wii is probably getting FIFA because it still holds some significant market share in some smaller markets outside North America and Europe - the same reason why the PS2 got versions right up until last year. It's entirely likely that the Wii version (which, remember, will be very cheap to make) will sell more than a Wii U version would.

bigslim816 posted...
If I was Nintendo I wouldn't allow it.

Aside from the potential ramifications of Nintendo angering third parties that they may want to do business with in future....Nintendo don't have the rights to do this. The only important market where console manufacturers can deny a game's release is the North American market. In Japan and Europe, concept approval is considered anti-competitive. If Nintendo were stupid enough to try to stop EA releasing the game, EA could sue Nintendo and they would win.
#14n00bsaib0tPosted 7/31/2014 3:42:05 AM
Granadico_ posted...
That would imply actual thought, creativity, innovation, and effort.
So no
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico

It's an extension of what football games did on the Dreamcast with the VMU. Hardly anything that requires thought, creativity or innovation. I'll give you effort in that they would have to program it though.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#15CubeTVPosted 7/31/2014 4:06:33 AM
R_Hunter posted...

EA support Wii U? You have a better chance of a model knocking at your door in the next five minutes.

Fixed. Nobody supports Wii U. They support Nintendo, but not the Wii U.
---
Owner of: Wii U, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo GameCube, N64, Gameboy Advance and a PS1.
Want: A better computer, a PS3 and a new PSP. Don't like the PS2 & Wii
#16gamezero6Posted 7/31/2014 4:41:07 AM
I think a lot of games would work well on Wii U, if devs put effort and a little creativity in their game development for Wii U.

I'd rather NFL 2K and Blitz on Wii U than Madden.

Also 2K Sports making Sports titles on Wii U, 3DS and PS Vita.

But, that may never happen ;(
---
XBL GamerTag: NamiXJin
PSN~Ps Vita ID: JinZer069 + NNID~3DS: NamiZXJinClan
#17Cowboy0660Posted 7/31/2014 6:52:30 AM(edited)
andizzle29662 posted...
I'm not talking about the crappy port that we got at launch, but a built from the ground up version. I think it would be cool to have a coach mode, where you can draw plays up on the gamepad. Also, the game could include multiplayer will one player uses the gamepad, while the other has the tv. I think EA should support WiiU.

Has any1 here actually played madden 13 on wii u?

These features you want are in the game and they work great!
Why call this game a crap port? It has waay better features than any other madden on any other system.

It's a shame the un-informed assumed this game was a crappy port for some reason.

No wonder ea walked
#18n00bsaib0tPosted 7/31/2014 7:41:38 AM
Cowboy0660 posted...
andizzle29662 posted...
I'm not talking about the crappy port that we got at launch, but a built from the ground up version. I think it would be cool to have a coach mode, where you can draw plays up on the gamepad. Also, the game could include multiplayer will one player uses the gamepad, while the other has the tv. I think EA should support WiiU.

Has any1 here actually played madden 13 on wii u?

These features you want are in the game and they work great!
Why call this game a crap port? It has waay better features than any other madden on any other system.

It's a shame the un-informed assumed this game was a crappy port for some reason.

No wonder ea walked

To be fair, only about 4 people world wide owned the WiiU at the time. It had no chance. Combine that with the numbers in the Nintendo fanbase that aren't a fan of traditional sports titles, and the numbers that only buy Nintendo consoles for Nintendo games (have PS3 or 360, have a PC, etc) and it really wasn't going to sell. Even with the 6.5 mil the WiiU has sold now, a Madden game wouldn't exactly fly off of shelves in 2014 although with the current drought it would get a few extra buyers it wouldn't otherwise get.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#19VidgmchtrPosted 7/31/2014 7:52:15 AM
Remember that whole "EA is a terrible company" thing? Yeah that hasn't changed.
#20SegavsCapcomPosted 7/31/2014 7:57:15 AM
That would require actual effort, which EA is allergic to.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom