Your idea for a Nintendo IP?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your idea for a Nintendo IP?
1 year ago#1
What kind of Nintendo IP would you come up with? Remember, it has to have Nintendo's style. Rediculous concept, Fun gameplay idea, stylized graphics, Nothing inappropriate for the under-15 crowd.

Here's mine, the story is simple, Paradise City has been taken over by highly intelligent robots called Droids led by an Artifical Intellegence program known as Quote. In these dark times, there is one hope for Paradise City. A half robot, half human who is a force to be reconed with, a person who can one day, save Paradise City. This person.... Is a young girl with a mechanical dog and a Knack for building, and destroying things. Meet Widget Shella, a 16 year old Inventor for hire who runs a Droid extermination service called, Widget's Workshop. Widget is half robot, possesing extreme intelligence and strength that outweighs the typical human. This gives her the talent of building highly advanced, and extremely destructive weapons and gadgets. One day, A boy makes it to Widget's Workshop, where the Droids have kidnaped her sister. With her robot dog sidekick, Alpha, Widget gets to work on an arsenal, and sets off on an adventure to blow crap up.

The game is a 2.5D action platformer in which, the best way to describe it would be imagine Devil May Cry meets Ratchet and Clank. It revolves arround a combo system similar to Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, that combines jumping moves with attacks. The shooting mechanics are similar to Gunstar Heroes, but with a lot of stylish moves like tossing a weapon in the air, then catching and shooting by doing a backflip.

Graphicaly, the game has a Manga look with comic book style POW!, BAM!, BOOM!, CRASH! type disclaimers corisponding to the actions. The game is also extremely colorful, with vivid environments and flashy explosions.

So that's my idea, any others.
1 year ago#2
I would make a sim/action/rpg/horror game called gamefaqs

So you are a player who just came to this new land, you are trying to turn into admin or mod or even just trying to get by in general and you fight trolls, flamers and fanboys everyday for survival.

There will be npc that are self proclaim professional stock brokers so it is up to you to believe the source they provided are real or not but I will make one source is fake which in game it will be called "lolchartz"
1 year ago#3
An epic war game where American fights for freedom with Miis. Codename: IP Freely.
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!
1 year ago#4
1 year ago#5
1 year ago#6
I'm unoriginal so all I can think of is some kind of hybrid between Serious Sam, Left 4 Dead, Minecraft and tower defense games.
During daytime you and your companions spend the time collecting resources and exploring, but base-building and the setting of traps are both vital.
Then comes night and you have to fight off a sudden onslaught of monsters hell-bent on your destruction.
Some will also attack your fortifications, or try to climb them using ladders and whatnot.
Since we're talking Nintendo then guns are probably out of the question.
Good thing there's magic and bows. A hunger system would probably be implemented.

I don't know what the goal would be, maybe you're trying to protect some kind of macguffin or survive a certain time.
It wouldn't have to be in 3D. Just not top-down or isometric.
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
1 year ago#7

1 year ago#8
I've always thought they could take some of the gameplay elements from the Mario RPGs and put them into a more "serious" RPG. They could make a battle system that's still turn-based but has action-based attacks (especially the special ones), as in the Mario & Luigi games (especially Dream Team), while special moves could be used for things other than attacking, as in Super Mario RPG and the Paper Mario games. The GamePad could be used for a map, stats and info, and some input, as the bottom screen in Mario & Luigi 2, 3, and 4 and Paper Mario 4 was. Maybe even have some GamePad-specific gimmick battles a la Mario & Luigi 3 and 4's giant battles (hey, even I admit that not all of the giant battles were bad). And they could have 4 party members instead of 2, too, using all four face buttons instead of just A and B and probably having more than that many obtainable as in SMRPG and PM. Setting would preferably be some sort of modern fantasy land; I'd love the main characters to be fantastic creatures and beings such as elves and centaurs. I wouldn't say no to handing the music over to Yoko Shimomura again either. And considering Nintendo doesn't have much in the way of RPGs in general (I guess they have Fire Emblem, Pokemon, and now Project S.T.E.A.M.) and none on the Wii U yet, it would be a welcome addition for sure. Heck, I'd do it myself if I had the knowledge and resources.
1 year ago#9
An RTS game that crosses over into multiple game series kind of like Super Smash Bros does. You could have the option to play as the Mushroom Kingdom, the Galactic Federation, the Hyrule Kingdom, etc. and each could have their own advantages and disadvantages.
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.
1 year ago#10
The Mario from the Mario kart commercial with a machine gun.

That's my idea.
BREAK IT DOWN KIRBY!! (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^) (^'-')^ (^'-')> (>'-')> <('-'^) ^('-'^)
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Your idea for a Nintendo IP?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived