The wii U keeping outselling the ps4 in the most important place.

#51MinamoPosted 7/31/2014 9:57:47 AM
bandit__74 posted...
Minamo posted...
bandit__74 posted...
Neo_Heartless posted...
_The_Hitcher_ posted...
I don't believe anyone has even commented on which market is better, the question is what's more important, and Japan is indisputably far less important than the North American and European markets in just about every metric.

You'll probably crucify me for this, but I believe the only reason they're so large right now is because of the "muh gaming crowd" culture that's the in thing right now. While Sony will indeed dominate this gen, and possibly future gens too, I don't believe we're going to see the peaks we saw in consoles past. I predict 50-60 Million for the PS4. A very healthy number though.

You see, people write off Japan as irrelevant, but, being the spiritual home of consoles, it's safer to say that Japan is ahead of the curve in regards to gaming trends. People are afraid of low console sales because they fear they might be mirrored in the west in the future, which is silly, because there will always be a market for video games, and when it eventually condenses and the pretenders go bankrupt, we'll return to a golden age where gaming was actually about the games.

Not really sure what you're getting at. THIS is the golden age of gaming, not years past.

If shooters and hundreds of garbage indie games are the "golden age," I welcome the return to the dark ages.

Yes, because those are the ONLY two options for games today. that is not a false dichotomy at all. Congratulations, here is a cookie.

At any rate, you are welcome to your opinion, as I am to mine. I just find it ridiculous that people talk about the "golden age" of gaming as if a) that were a real thing and b) there were any consensus whatsoever on what/when that would be.

You're right, there's also F2P, micro transactions, day-one DLC, and cut content being sold as DLC weeks later. All great things! Hail this generation of games!
#52bandit__74Posted 7/31/2014 10:21:34 AM
Minamo posted...

You're right, there's also F2P, micro transactions, day-one DLC, and cut content being sold as DLC weeks later. All great things! Hail this generation of games!

Don't like it, don't buy it. Easy. There are plenty of other options. I'm not thrilled with the way DLC has been done in some cases, but in most cases if it's well done and adds to the story I will buy it. If not, I won't. By and large, videogames are much, much better today than they used to be. Again, my just my opinion.
#53vermilion99Posted 7/31/2014 11:18:51 AM
Amazing how people think we are in a dark age for gaming.
#54Wii_TruthPosted 7/31/2014 11:28:05 AM
"The Wii U keeping outselling"

Nice topic, TC.
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!
#55Demon_AckerPosted 7/31/2014 11:29:41 AM
icarus231 posted...
vermilion99 posted...
It's amazing how "trolls" get banned for making valid arguments and pointing out the glaring flaws with the WiiU yet people like this are allowed to keep posting. This board is hilarious.

Which trolls are you referring too?

He's probably talking about himself
---
http://i.imgur.com/jEtDldy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyu6dyI.gif
#56TediousMattPosted 7/31/2014 11:44:34 AM
Wii_Truth posted...

Nice topic, TC.

So you noticed that this is a joke topic making fun of Monkeyfool.
"Stop keeping making topics saying the wiiu is outselling the PS4. It's not."
---
http://i.imgur.com/ddyLVul.png < Does anybody have a link like this for Sega?
#57Wii_TruthPosted 7/31/2014 11:52:17 AM
TediousMatt posted...
Wii_Truth posted...

Nice topic, TC.

Stop keep making out!
---
You want Wii Truth?! You can't handle Wii Truth!!!
#58ps4ponyreturns(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 12:12:10 PM
Wii_Truth posted...
TediousMatt posted...
Wii_Truth posted...

Nice topic, TC.

Stop keep making out!

Lol that mibkeyspoon.
#59BloodychessPosted 7/31/2014 12:13:48 PM
vermilion99 posted...

A dark age for consumers, sure. Not a dark age for gaming though.
---
WIZARD NEEDS FOOD BADLY
#60TediousMattPosted 7/31/2014 12:23:49 PM(edited)
Bloodychess posted...
vermilion99 posted...

A dark age for consumers, sure. Not a dark age for gaming though.

Many games practically played themselves last gen, and get great reviews for doing so.
Batman's press [button] to awesome and [other button] to counter was one step away from the dev frustratingly taking the controller away and saying "You're doing it wrong. Let me do it!".
---
http://i.imgur.com/ddyLVul.png < Does anybody have a link like this for Sega?