The wii U keeping outselling the ps4 in the most important place.

#71vermilion99Posted 7/31/2014 1:39:46 PM
Bloodychess posted...
vermilion99 posted...
So are you going to pretend that horrible games weren't released years ago? Every game released before 2000 wasn't a perfect game. Hate to break that to you. Plenty of games got released, at full price, with horrible glitches among other things and people got screwed out of their money. You couldn't download a patch back then so your 50 or more dollars went into a greedy publishers pocket. It's nothing new no matter how bad Nintendo fans try to change history and make Nintendo look like a white knight with the seal of approval.

Another great thing about today is that it's much easier to research to avoid getting screwed. Your not subscribing to a publication that hypes games like Festers Quest anymore.

As for the stability of consoles. They are much more complex now. Moving parts tend to cause more problems then a cartridge based system.

Again with the Nintendo fan butthurt. Here's a tinfoil hat, it will protect you from the Metroid Mothership full of fanboys that you keep rambling on about. On that note, are you going to pretend you know my own preferences? Be cause I'm fairly certain I never made mention of pre-2000, but I guess if you can't even bother to make a proper refute then strawman is the way to go. I'm not going to bother with this farce of a debate anymore. To conclude:

>You have a serious problem of bringing up Nintendo fans when no one else mentioned them, check your trolling.
>Learn to actually counter an argument. It's not going to go well anytime you ask me a question, assume you know what my response will be, and then rant on from there. I am well aware that many pre-2000 games were s***, I 100% agree with you there if that was the point you were trying to make.
>Gen 5 was the best time for a consumer.

So your gonna ignore the majority of my post, pretend that it's only nowadays that gamers are getting screwed over, ignore that patches are a better alternative then getting stuck with a bad game forever, and pretty much acting arrogant and not facing facts.
#72AsellusPosted 7/31/2014 2:10:21 PM
vermilion99 posted...
I would also be interested for someone to show me what's so good about the WiiU selling the most in Japan. Where are all the big Japanese 3rd parties at with games for the system? The release list over the next year and a half doesn't look good for a console that is winning Japan.

This isn't the 90s anymore where if a console won Japan then it would pretty much be ahead everywhere.

Because it's not winning Japan.

So the key takeaway here is, according to CESA:
Japanís mobile gaming market in 2013 was, at US$5.1 billion, bigger than the one for console (hardware and software combined) at US$4 billion.

There is no sign this will change anytime soon.

http://www.serkantoto.com/2014/07/30/japan-gaming-market-size-statistics/

Face it, Japan is lost.
#73BloodychessPosted 7/31/2014 2:27:43 PM
For anyone still here, want to amend what I said.

Gen SIX was the best, not 5. Whoopsie.
---
WIZARD NEEDS FOOD BADLY
#74bandit__74Posted 7/31/2014 3:06:04 PM
Bloodychess posted...
For anyone still here, want to amend what I said.

Gen SIX was the best, not 5. Whoopsie.

Hmmm, tough call. Generally I enjoy each gen more than the last. This might be an exception. Gen 6 may have been slightly (ever so slightly) better than Gen 7, but I liked the increased access that digital games and DLC brought. But for my tastes at least, it seems the games keep getting better.
#75ORANGE666Posted 7/31/2014 3:28:23 PM
The WiiU is barely outselling the PS4 with 2D Mario, 3D Mario and Mario Kart. The PS4 is surviving the back of Dynasty Warriors and Knack.

Nintendo has already released their big guns, what happens when the PS4 starts selling their big Japanese games like Final Fantasy 15, Kingdom Hearts 3, Deep Down and BloodBourne?

The WiiU should be destroying the PS4 right now but it's only outselling it by a few thousand
---
I am a Nintendo Fanboy and let me tell you, being a Drone is actually a great thing.
We have beautiful people and we have ugly people. just like other fanboys
#76cyanide_suicidePosted 7/31/2014 3:46:08 PM
LOLWHAT?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/222192/Japans_console_game_market_is_shrinking_fast__report.php

According to a new report from the Japanese Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association, Japan's console game market shrunk by a fair margin during 2013, while the country's mobile games market expanded.
#77Demon_AckerPosted 7/31/2014 3:48:52 PM
cyanide_suicide posted...
LOLWHAT?

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/222192/Japans_console_game_market_is_shrinking_fast__report.php

According to a new report from the Japanese Computer Entertainment Supplier's Association, Japan's console game market shrunk by a fair margin during 2013, while the country's mobile games market expanded.

RIP Japanese console gaming
---
http://i.imgur.com/jEtDldy.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fyu6dyI.gif