Wii u owners: do you also game on pc?

#21JobocanPosted 7/31/2014 8:32:21 AM
FayeLady posted...
Jobocan posted...
FayeLady posted...
No, I have various issues with PC gaming, the biggest being that most of it is tied to a user/pass.

So... like every non-Nintendo console since the 360?
I don't understand your issue.

Are you joking/kidding? Or do you really not know that 360 games can be played on any 360 without logging in to it

Sure, but many features are tied to having to log in. And you can play most Steam games without login in, so once again, what's your issue?
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection
#22HellsControllerPosted 7/31/2014 8:32:24 AM
Occasionally. Mainly Warcraft 3 or WoW. Occasionally I'll play a steam game. Nothing too major because I dislike dealing with the hassle.
---
I spilled Spot Remover on my dog....Now he's gone
#23Puckswack12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 8:36:13 AM
FayeLady posted...
No, I have various issues with PC gaming, the biggest being that most of it is tied to a user/pass.

I'm not sure I understand. You mean logging into steam an stuff? If that's your issue then... Ok. But if rather have everything ties to an account than a console like the wii u.
Again I'm not sure I know what you mean
---
Yup
#24FayeLadyPosted 7/31/2014 8:36:31 AM
Jobocan posted...
FayeLady posted...
Jobocan posted...
FayeLady posted...

So... like every non-Nintendo console since the 360?
I don't understand your issue.

Are you joking/kidding? Or do you really not know that 360 games can be played on any 360 without logging in to it

Sure, but many features are tied to having to log in. And you can play most Steam games without login in, so once again, what's your issue?

The fact that I can play Playstation or Xbox games with no log in to any external service that may or may not be there in future days. I can't even buy a Steam game without a user/pass and my ownership of that game is tied to a service that may or may not be there in the future.

I still play my Genesis games. People who bought in to the Sega Channel are not so lucky as to be able to do that.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#25FayeLadyPosted 7/31/2014 8:52:24 AM(edited)
Puckswack12 posted...
FayeLady posted...

I'm not sure I understand. You mean logging into steam an stuff? If that's your issue then... Ok. But if rather have everything ties to an account than a console like the wii u.

Yeah, but any Wii U disc will work in any Wii U. Any User/Pass system is a single point of failure, and its one the user will never control.

EDIT: Unless you are talking about Downloadable Wii U games. I avoid those as well.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#26Puckswack12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 8:58:11 AM
FayeLady posted...
Puckswack12 posted...
FayeLady posted...

Yeah, but any Wii U disc will work in any Wii U. Any User/Pass system is a single point of failure, and its one the user will never control.

EDIT: Unless you are talking about Downloadable Wii U games. I avoid those as well.

Yea I totally understand as I worry about that as well. But to be honest most of the games on pc you can get drm free.

I think the trade of is you can scratch your disks for consoles or break/lose the console.
With pc if your pc breaks all your games are still there. But if steam stops working ( which is extremely unlikely btw) then all are gone.

Again, you don't need steam at all. Most games don't require it. It's really just a convenience thing.

I honestly don't think that's a very valid argument.
---
Yup
#27HayashiTakaraPosted 7/31/2014 8:58:27 AM
Yes, at least 50% of my gaming is on PC.
#28Neo_HeartlessPosted 7/31/2014 9:03:06 AM
FayeLady posted...
The fact that I can play Playstation or Xbox games with no log in to any external service that may or may not be there in future days.

For now at least. The future may soon make your viewpoint irrelevant.

Plus these days, you're only getting half the game if you don't have a PSN or XBL account to play multiplayer with.

You must forgive me, but I'm failing to see your point. You cite that you can play physical games on any console, but if the consoles or games break or if they eventually erode from age, you can no longer play them. With Steam, as long as the service exists, your games exist. Citing that they may not exist in the future is about as relevant as thinking your physical games might not break or be stolen in the future.
---
[Wubeth Intensifies]
#29FayeLadyPosted 7/31/2014 9:08:08 AM
Puckswack12 posted...
FayeLady posted...
Puckswack12 posted...
FayeLady posted...

Yea I totally understand as I worry about that as well. But to be honest most of the games on pc you can get drm free.

I think the trade of is you can scratch your disks for consoles or break/lose the console.
With pc if your pc breaks all your games are still there. But if steam stops working ( which is extremely unlikely btw) then all are gone.

Again, you don't need steam at all. Most games don't require it. It's really just a convenience thing.

I honestly don't think that's a very valid argument.

Oh I have a much more open attitude toward DRM free games. PC isn't my preferred way of playing, but even so I'll consider a DRM free game since like my console copy i'll be able to play it in the future so long as I keep my copy.

And you are right, anything physical is possible to destroy, but its with in the realm of user control, and its up to the user if they want to replace it (and most importantly, they have that option). I can play DKC on SNES as much as I want, and if the copy is destroyed I have the choice of being able to replace it. People who want to by it on the Eshop don't have the same reassurances.
---
#30BurgerTime79Posted 7/31/2014 9:13:10 AM
I don't do much gaming on my PC, but I do get some of the exclusive PC games when they're cheap. The PC isn't a focus of my collecting or playing.
---
Classic Gaming Expo _ Sept 12-14 Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas