Wii u owners: do you also game on pc?

#31FayeLadyPosted 7/31/2014 9:19:03 AM(edited)
Neo_Heartless posted...
FayeLady posted...
The fact that I can play Playstation or Xbox games with no log in to any external service that may or may not be there in future days.

For now at least. The future may soon make your viewpoint irrelevant.

Plus these days, you're only getting half the game if you don't have a PSN or XBL account to play multiplayer with.

You must forgive me, but I'm failing to see your point. You cite that you can play physical games on any console, but if the consoles or games break or if they eventually erode from age, you can no longer play them. With Steam, as long as the service exists, your games exist. Citing that they may not exist in the future is about as relevant as thinking your physical games might not break or be stolen in the future.

They might, but they can be replaced with other physical copies. That is the beauty of having a product instead of a service. If a service no longer exists not only are you out all of those games, you are out any chance of recovering them, as is anyone else with money invested in the service.

I'll go a step further and say my viewpoint Will be irrelevant in the coming years. It was almost irrelevant last year had Sony gone the same way as Microsoft with the DRM. But i'm at peace with that because I was ready to buy neither console. There are 40 years worth of games for me to play.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#32KeyToSuccessPosted 7/31/2014 9:14:24 AM
I do most of my gaming on PC.
---
This is what RPG's are about! Killing people and taking their cool stuff!
#33Puckswack12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 9:15:25 AM
Yea I would say, except for maye valve games and maybe some ea games. Most games can be bought drm free on pc, so no worries.

Of course, 100% of pc games can be "acquired" drm free as well but that's a different, less legal topic :)
---
Yup
#34SyCo_VeNoMPosted 7/31/2014 9:16:53 AM
Own a pc that I primarily play games on.
Not the newest hardware, but still outshines the twin tablet processor wanna be computers.
#35snake_5036Posted 7/31/2014 9:28:43 AM
Yes.
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
#36thefabregas22Posted 7/31/2014 9:30:21 AM
I game on everything, just need to pick up an xbox one and I'll own every major gaming device for this current gen
---
NNid: AdmiralClassy
Psn: AdmiralClassy
#37theFAKEsheridanPosted 7/31/2014 9:33:03 AM
No, I don't like playing on a PC.
---
Xbox fanboys were the worst last gent, this gen I can't decide which fanboys are the worst, Nintendo or PC ones?
#38Flare7Posted 7/31/2014 9:34:14 AM
theFAKEsheridan posted...
#39lambchipsPosted 7/31/2014 9:34:41 AM
Yes
I only buy Nintendo for first party nowadays... everything else is on PC (I also lost interest in Sony exclusive/first party because of the PS3)
---
i7 3820@ 3.60GHz| 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz DDR3| Gigabyte GTX670 2GB OC| Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD| Antec EarthWatts 750W Green
#40Puckswack12(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 9:37:41 AM
Flare7 posted...
theFAKEsheridan posted...

Why?
---
Yup