Do you want the N64 Turok games on Nintendo's eShop? Contact Classic Media.

#11blunderminePosted 7/31/2014 10:23:19 AM
Meh, I didn't really like Turok when it was new.
---
Next Gen's system names:
PlayStation 5, Xbox Zero, Thwii
#12Nate_Dihldorff(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 10:25:29 AM
blundermine posted...
Meh, I didn't really like Turok when it was new.

And that's perfectly fine! This campaign is for interested parties, even for those who would just like to discuss their experience with the series.
#13sonicsonicPosted 7/31/2014 10:35:41 AM
Nate_Dihldorff posted...
sonicsonic posted...
If my memory serves me correctly, it kind of sucked. Isn't that the Turok that had some infamously poor platforming segments ?

It plays like the Metroid Prime games, so yes.

Haha, yeah. I still think Turok was suffering from far greater gravitational pull and a lack of a double jump.
---
3DS FC:0688-5946-1084 Pokemon TSV-4026 IGN: Jack
NNID:SuperSegaSonic PSN:Sonicsuper1
#14MaggotPosted 7/31/2014 10:45:49 AM
Turok 2 is one of my favorite games. An HD remake would be nice and a must since the graphics didn't age well.
Cerebral Bore...
---
I Know a lot, but I don't know much.
Dry Bowser??? What is he, alcohol free.
#15R_HunterPosted 7/31/2014 10:54:35 AM
I sent an email along, even though i'm not a fan of the series. More games can't hurt, and I may even buy them anyway, down the line.

Basically, i'm supporting the fans of the series.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
I claim my time is valuable. I visit GF. I was wrong.
#16Prince ShondronaiPosted 7/31/2014 11:06:48 AM
Maggot posted...
Turok 2 is one of my favorite games. An HD remake would be nice and a must since the graphics didn't age well.

I really wouldn't mind the original graphics if they were displayed in HD, so long as the framerate was locked at 60fps. The framerate drop was horrible in those games sometimes.
---
Lobotomy means never having to say you're sorry.
#17lordcatfishPosted 7/31/2014 11:18:29 AM
Didn't these games use the memory pack to save? I'm pretty sure there's been problems with getting these games that save this way on to the VC (could be wrong though).
---
www.last.fm/user/drbunnig
#18GodFierceDeityPosted 7/31/2014 11:45:16 AM(edited)
Is this for real ?! Man !! I really really hope it makes it . Even if not upgraded to HD graphics or anything I don't really mind, but improving the fps to remain a nice steady 60 would be fantastic . The drop makes it really hard to aim when you shoot certain weapons (or getting attacked by certain enemies) .
Can't say I worry much about the first Turok but Turok 2... I really really want that .

(edit) I sent them one hell of an e-mail .
#19Nate_Dihldorff(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 11:56:32 AM
GodFierceDeity posted...
Is this for real ?! Man !! I really really hope it makes it . Even if not upgraded to HD graphics or anything I don't really mind, but improving the fps to remain a nice steady 60 would be fantastic . The drop makes it really hard to aim when you shoot certain weapons (or getting attacked by certain enemies) .
Can't say I worry much about the first Turok but Turok 2... I really really want that .

(edit) I sent them one hell of an e-mail .

Yes. The best way to have your favorite franchise come back is to have a sudden surge of curious emails reach the IP owners. I did some research to find out who currently holds the rights to the series and it lead me to Classic Media. And Classic Media he been going on a reboot phase recently (see: Felix the Cat and The Lone Ranger). Spread the word to other websites to help gain exposure.
#20Nate_Dihldorff(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 2:21:40 PM
Bump for the interested!