Could Nintendo be going third party soon?

#61NintendoLover25Posted 8/1/2014 3:13:32 PM
No, it will never happen.
#62SegavsCapcomPosted 8/1/2014 3:27:48 PM
Hasn't Nintendo said that if they went bankrupt, their IPs go with them?
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#63VoxwikPosted 8/1/2014 6:02:43 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...

I seem to recall that, but I don't know if it's true. It's irrelevant though because in that situation the investors would never allow that to happen. They are a business after all.
#64Run_2_the_HillsPosted 8/1/2014 6:03:30 PM
SegavsCapcom posted...

PR speak
#65Granadico_Posted 8/1/2014 6:03:38 PM
Voxwik posted...
SegavsCapcom posted...

I seem to recall that, but I don't know if it's true. It's irrelevant though because in that situation the investors would never allow that to happen. They are a business after all.

If only they were private like Valve. Though idk if they could be that huge of a company while private
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#66VoxwikPosted 8/2/2014 7:07:53 AM(edited)
Granadico_ posted...
Though idk if they could be that huge of a company while private

Private companies can get big. There are positives and negatives to it, since it puts far more risk on the family but at the same time they aren't slaves to shareholders.

There's actually a fairly local company to me that is privately held:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sc_johnson

Their nearly 12 billion dollar revenue last year absolutely dwarfs Nintendo if I'm reading it correctly at least. Either way I'm sure there are other examples of giant family companies.

I'm not sure how taking their IP with them if they fall, without going third party, is a positive thing though. I think Nintendo should definitely go third party if it ever gets that dire (which it isn't anywhere close to getting right now).
#67GigerSupremePosted 8/2/2014 7:12:50 AM
Bongbuddy posted...
http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/nintendo-lost-94-million-last-quarter/

Not that I care because I don't play their games anyway but it's looking pretty likely.

lol @ "likely"

you dont have any idea how much nintendo has in the bank do you?

they could fail for 50 gens and still not go bankrupt.
#68samuraigaidenPosted 8/2/2014 7:17:01 AM
No, they are going to release a new system, probably a Handheld/Home Console hybrid like the PS Vita/Vita TV, or at least similar to the iOS and Android, where the same games work on different devices. Either way, the next console they make will be very different from everything they made before, and if it fails then maybe they'll consider going third party.