What is this board's opinion on Skyward Sword? (possible spoilers)

#121_21Posted 7/31/2014 9:42:20 AM
I was really excited about this game before it came out, and thought it could really be the next best Zelda game. After playing it, though, I seem to have more negative opinion of it than positive. I really didn't like motion control, and a lot of the stuff I did in that game felt like a tedious chore, even moreso than triforce collecting in wind waker. It's still a good game, but not my type.

It's definitely the most well-written Zelda game, and has fun characters. Some dungeons are pretty nice, too. But again, other dungeons felt more like a chore. And god I HATED the note collecting in the forest!

Overall, I just don't think this is a Zelda game I will come back to replaying, if ever. This was also the first Zelda game I finished that I didn't bother doing a 100% completion rate.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Ghost Trick Phantom Detective, Shovel Knight
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#2ps4ponyreturnsPosted 7/31/2014 9:43:24 AM
It's amazing
#3QuestionmarktariusPosted 7/31/2014 9:44:41 AM
Even a bad Zelda is still pretty good.
That said, it's awfully damn low on my list of "Zelda games by decreasing order of awesome".
#4trenkenPosted 7/31/2014 9:46:03 AM(edited)
It was ok. It felt a bit uninspired, like it was just made bc a new nintendo system was out and its just expected. I havent really been amazed by any zelda since OoT, the last revolutionary one.

I lost interest about halfway through. The motion controls were fine i just found the game to be a little boring. And i didnt like how it was such a chore just to get to the dungeons.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#5theFAKEsheridanPosted 7/31/2014 9:46:41 AM
Not bad, a little long.
---
Xbox fanboys were the worst last gent, this gen I can't decide which fanboys are the worst, Nintendo or PC ones?
#621_21(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 9:47:55 AM
Questionmarktarius posted...
Even a bad Zelda is still pretty good.
That said, it's awfully damn low on my list of "Zelda games by decreasing order of awesome".

Yeah pretty much my opinion. By game standards, definitely a really great game. But by Zelda standards, not very high up in my list.
---
Playing: Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Ghost Trick Phantom Detective, Shovel Knight
3DS FC: 5284-1432-1297 Lemme know if you plan on adding me!
#7Da_GeekPosted 7/31/2014 9:52:40 AM
theFAKEsheridan posted...
Not bad, a little long.

You'd be AMAZED at how short some games are getting. Long games are welcome.
#8Hirokey123Posted 7/31/2014 9:56:54 AM(edited)
I think they really should have axed the song quest and made it be happening side by side with the goddess flames quest. It would have really helped the pacing of the game and removed what I think really dragged the game down. Otherwise I quite enjoy skyward sword it's one of my favorite 3D Zeldas of course all that really means is its above Twilight Princess for me as I think OoT-WW are better. There were a lot of changes to the gameplay I appreciated and a lot of really fantastically creative ideas in the game itself, in particular the environments and dungeons I felt were really well done. But it falls very short when it comes to its sky over world, there was a lot more that could have been done with it.

Also I actually really liked the silent realms I was earnestly surprised that they were able to create a Zelda stealth section I liked, and I like that it was a stealth section for a reason not one that its completely arbitrary. I'm not lord Dracula super powerful vampire sneaking around to dodge a crazed spirit that I could just murder and be done with it but for no reason don't until I get through the stealth section.
---
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
#9lowuwPosted 7/31/2014 9:54:48 AM
I loved it.
#10Pontificus32390Posted 7/31/2014 9:54:49 AM
Da_Geek posted...
theFAKEsheridan posted...
Not bad, a little long.

You'd be AMAZED at how short some games are getting. Long games are welcome.

the overall length wasnt bad, but i felt that skyward sword overstayed its welcome. by the end, i just wanted to be done with it.
---
i5 3570k @ 4.3 | ASRock Z77 Extreme4 | 7870 2GB | 8GB Corsair Vengeance
Current Platforms: 3DS, PC, PS4, PS3, Vita, Wii U, X1, X360