What is this board's opinion on Skyward Sword? (possible spoilers)

#11QuestionmarktariusPosted 7/31/2014 8:58:47 AM
Pontificus32390 posted...
Da_Geek posted...
theFAKEsheridan posted...
Not bad, a little long.

You'd be AMAZED at how short some games are getting. Long games are welcome.

the overall length wasnt bad, but i felt that skyward sword overstayed its welcome. by the end, i just wanted to be done with it.

I certainly could have lived without fighting that same boss several times, and the game insisting that I don't do much of anything else until I fight that boss again.
#12LaManoNeraIIPosted 7/31/2014 9:05:49 AM
Playing through it now. Just beat the fire temple and I think it's ****ing incredible. Design, gameplay, music, settings, etc are all top notch
---
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
#13pillsburyboy22Posted 7/31/2014 9:05:54 AM
Positives:
-The controls were awesome. I would love to see this control scheme continue in the future.
-Dungeons were actually pretty good for the most part. The Sandship moved into my Top 5 dungeons of all time.
-Story was decent. Not the best, but certainly not the worst.
-Skyloft is my 3rd favorite Zelda town behind Clocktown and Windfall Island.

Negatives:
-The main overworld was a smaller crappier version of Wind Waker's.
-The actual lower world was way too linear and small. Redoing the same areas over and over with random changes got annoying fast.
-Too many gimmicky little games during the main quest. Stuff like the underwater tadpole search and the break the targets with the Loftwing were pointless, unnecessary and boring.
-Fighting Demise over and over again was annoying. I know they tried to mix it up but fighting it more than twice was unnecessary.
-Music was uncharacteristicly boring. The Ballad of the Goddess was great and so were a few others but I'm used to 90% of the songs in a Zelda game being masterpieces. This just wasn't the case in Skyward Sword.
-Very little to do outside of Skyloft. I would have preferred at least one other town somewhere in the game. Instead all the sidequests were crammed into one tiny village.
-F****** Fi. I used to think Navi was bad, but Fi is by far the most annoying character in any game I have ever played. I would need an entire post to go into the reasons why.

Overall I think it gets more hate than it deserves, but it certainly isn't even close to my favorite Zelda.
#148waystomondayPosted 7/31/2014 9:06:11 AM
Least favorite since MM
---
"Sugar enriched flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, polysorbate 60 and yellow dye #5. Everything a growin' boy needs."
#15TallWhiteNinjaPosted 7/31/2014 9:10:29 AM(edited)
Questionmarktarius posted...
Even a bad Zelda is still pretty good.
That said, it's awfully damn low on my list of "Zelda games by decreasing order of awesome".

^This, essentially. Good game, but the motion controls, crappy overworld, and over-repetition of areas were pretty big buzzkills. The dungeons were hit-and-miss (couple classics, the rest entirely forgettable), and - though this has been an issue with the series for a while - the whole thing was just too damn easy. My least favorite 3D Zelda, for sure.

Also, Fi and the Imprisoned can both go to hell.
---
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
#16snake_5036Posted 7/31/2014 9:08:35 AM
From what I've played so far, excellent. Up to Lanayru Desert atm.
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
#17toadiemanPosted 7/31/2014 9:18:16 AM
Motion controls killed it for me.
---
I can't wait to bomb some dodongos
#18Krambo42Posted 7/31/2014 9:20:28 AM
I hated it.
#19MaouSadoPosted 7/31/2014 9:22:56 AM
TallWhiteNinja posted...
Questionmarktarius posted...
Even a bad Zelda is still pretty good.
That said, it's awfully damn low on my list of "Zelda games by decreasing order of awesome".

^This, essentially. Good game, but the motion controls, crappy overworld, and over-repetition of areas were pretty big buzzkills. The dungeons were hit-and-miss (couple classics, the rest entirely forgettable), and - though this has been an issue with the series for a while - the whole thing was just too damn easy. My least favorite 3D Zelda, for sure.

Also, Fi and the Imprisoned can both go to hell.

Gets it.
#20IhateyoumikePosted 7/31/2014 9:28:39 AM
I absolutely loved it for the first half of the game. Then I just wanted it over when playing the boring, redundant 2nd half.