What is this board's opinion on Skyward Sword? (possible spoilers)

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is this board's opinion on Skyward Sword? (possible spoilers)
2 years ago#11
Pontificus32390 posted...
Da_Geek posted...
theFAKEsheridan posted...
Not bad, a little long.

You'd be AMAZED at how short some games are getting. Long games are welcome.

the overall length wasnt bad, but i felt that skyward sword overstayed its welcome. by the end, i just wanted to be done with it.

I certainly could have lived without fighting that same boss several times, and the game insisting that I don't do much of anything else until I fight that boss again.
2 years ago#12
Playing through it now. Just beat the fire temple and I think it's ****ing incredible. Design, gameplay, music, settings, etc are all top notch
R.I.P LaManoNera
04-06-2009
2 years ago#13
Positives:
-The controls were awesome. I would love to see this control scheme continue in the future.
-Dungeons were actually pretty good for the most part. The Sandship moved into my Top 5 dungeons of all time.
-Story was decent. Not the best, but certainly not the worst.
-Skyloft is my 3rd favorite Zelda town behind Clocktown and Windfall Island.

Negatives:
-The main overworld was a smaller crappier version of Wind Waker's.
-The actual lower world was way too linear and small. Redoing the same areas over and over with random changes got annoying fast.
-Too many gimmicky little games during the main quest. Stuff like the underwater tadpole search and the break the targets with the Loftwing were pointless, unnecessary and boring.
-Fighting Demise over and over again was annoying. I know they tried to mix it up but fighting it more than twice was unnecessary.
-Music was uncharacteristicly boring. The Ballad of the Goddess was great and so were a few others but I'm used to 90% of the songs in a Zelda game being masterpieces. This just wasn't the case in Skyward Sword.
-Very little to do outside of Skyloft. I would have preferred at least one other town somewhere in the game. Instead all the sidequests were crammed into one tiny village.
-F****** Fi. I used to think Navi was bad, but Fi is by far the most annoying character in any game I have ever played. I would need an entire post to go into the reasons why.

Overall I think it gets more hate than it deserves, but it certainly isn't even close to my favorite Zelda.
2 years ago#14
Least favorite since MM
"Sugar enriched flour, partially hydrogenated soybean oil, polysorbate 60 and yellow dye #5. Everything a growin' boy needs."
2 years ago#15
Questionmarktarius posted...
Even a bad Zelda is still pretty good.
That said, it's awfully damn low on my list of "Zelda games by decreasing order of awesome".

^This, essentially. Good game, but the motion controls, crappy overworld, and over-repetition of areas were pretty big buzzkills. The dungeons were hit-and-miss (couple classics, the rest entirely forgettable), and - though this has been an issue with the series for a while - the whole thing was just too damn easy. My least favorite 3D Zelda, for sure.

Also, Fi and the Imprisoned can both go to hell.
Either the worst great player or the best horrible player you'll ever meet.
2 years ago#16
From what I've played so far, excellent. Up to Lanayru Desert atm.
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
2 years ago#17
Motion controls killed it for me.
I can't wait to bomb some dodongos
2 years ago#18
I hated it.
2 years ago#19
TallWhiteNinja posted...
Questionmarktarius posted...
Even a bad Zelda is still pretty good.
That said, it's awfully damn low on my list of "Zelda games by decreasing order of awesome".

^This, essentially. Good game, but the motion controls, crappy overworld, and over-repetition of areas were pretty big buzzkills. The dungeons were hit-and-miss (couple classics, the rest entirely forgettable), and - though this has been an issue with the series for a while - the whole thing was just too damn easy. My least favorite 3D Zelda, for sure.

Also, Fi and the Imprisoned can both go to hell.

Gets it.
2 years ago#20
I absolutely loved it for the first half of the game. Then I just wanted it over when playing the boring, redundant 2nd half.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. What is this board's opinion on Skyward Sword? (possible spoilers)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived