Is having horrible 3rd party support one reasons why Nintendo is losing money?

#1Who_Dat504Posted 7/31/2014 5:30:47 PM
Just think of all the money Sony and MS gets from games like COD, Watch Dogs, or EA games. This is like free money for Sony and MS, in most cases they spend no money on development for those games but they get a cut of each copy sold. With the bad 3rd party support Nintendo has it can't make that type of money off of 3rd party games like the others.
---
Saints, LSU, and Pelicans fan!
#2AhnoldDoodPosted 7/31/2014 5:32:45 PM
I love it when people don't even know the teeniest bit of business.

Kids just go "[whatever I don't like about the Wii U] is why Nintendo's losing money!"

If third party mattered, why did Sony lose billions? Why didn't MS make a profit yet?
---
http://jp7.r0tt.com/l_b29b5cc0-d1af-11e1-a806-4f908e000007.jpg
#3Baha05Posted 7/31/2014 5:32:55 PM
It's one of the issues sure, as 3rd party titles are a major part of any gaming library. And sure Nintendo can survive on 1st party titles alone, but the other problem is getting them out fast yet still giving a quality title. Even these days a good game minimum is 2-3 years development, or longer depending on the size.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#4Cyrax2286Posted 7/31/2014 6:50:38 PM
AhnoldDood posted...

Kids just go "[whatever I don't like about the Wii U] is why Nintendo's losing money!"

If third party mattered, why did Sony lose billions? Why didn't MS make a profit yet?

How ironic. Third parties matter because whenever a game is released on a console, that console manufacturer makes a profit of licensing fees, from every game released on their console. Sony lost money primarily from their other divisions, not their gaming division, PS4 is currently making them profitable. (don't know about MS, never looked into it.)
#5AhnoldDoodPosted 7/31/2014 6:53:07 PM
Cyrax2286 posted...
Sony lost money primarily from their other divisions, not their gaming division

They made losses because of the PS3.
---
#6AhnoldDoodPosted 7/31/2014 6:53:07 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7retrogoodsPosted 7/31/2014 6:57:23 PM
I should have known Ahnold would be white knighting and defending his precious Nintendo without looking at why his precious Wii U is suffering. Too many mistakes are hurting it in terms of marketing, pricing, and game selection.
---
Look at my game collection before spouting out that I have brand loyalty to one company. http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/retrogoods/games/owned
#8BladeManEXEPosted 7/31/2014 6:58:03 PM
Cyrax2286 posted...
AhnoldDood posted...

How ironic. Third parties matter because whenever a game is released on a console, that console manufacturer makes a profit of licensing fees, from every game released on their console. Sony lost money primarily from their other divisions, not their gaming division, PS4 is currently making them profitable. (don't know about MS, never looked into it.)

I've heard Sony literally lost every penny they earned from the PS1 and PS2 eras and more over the PS3's first few years (apparently it originally sold at as much as a $300 loss). Microsoft's Xbox division was apparently never profitable during the original Xbox and 360 eras (no idea about now).
#9Baha05Posted 7/31/2014 6:58:15 PM
retrogoods posted...
I should have known Ahnold would be white knighting and defending his precious Nintendo without looking at why his precious Wii U is suffering. Too many mistakes are hurting it in terms of marketing, pricing, and game selection.

And here comes Retro to add nothing to the conversation except attacks.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#10AhnoldDoodPosted 7/31/2014 6:59:20 PM
retrogoods posted...
I should have known

As expected retrogoods is crying about dem fanboys again.

Don't you have a happy Wii U owner to bother? Well, you're bothering me.

Too many mistakes are hurting it in terms of marketing, pricing, and game selection.

And absolutely none of that has anything to do with third party!

Congrats, kid! You missed the point.
---