Casual games CAN'T be good?

#1TheMisterManGuyPosted 7/31/2014 8:04:43 PM
There's been a debate as to whether or not casual games can be quality or not. While you do have you average trash like the thousands of fitness games, casual games can be quality if you put enough effort into it. Nintendo usually makes really good casual games like Nintendogs and PilotWings. Then there's Boom Blox, a casual Wii game that actualy has quality, and is a 3rd party game no less. Casual isn't a dictator of quality, its a type of game.
#2burningxbridgesPosted 7/31/2014 8:07:53 PM
Okay
#3selfdeztructionPosted 7/31/2014 8:08:47 PM
There are a lot of quality casual games and the casual genre is a good one because not all games can be long games with heavy stories.

Good post dude,,,,or dudette.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#4hiphops_saviorPosted 7/31/2014 8:09:23 PM
Don't forget the granddaddy of them all, before there was a Minecraft. The Sims.
#5ZarterakPosted 7/31/2014 8:12:04 PM
selfdeztruction posted...
There are a lot of quality casual games and the casual genre is a good one because not all games can be long games with heavy stories.

Dudette? TC is called TheMisterManGuy
---
The mind is like a parachute. It works best when it's open
#6InfamouslyNycePosted 7/31/2014 8:13:21 PM
Great post. I like Nintendo casual games, at least some. I also enjoy casual games on other platforms like Jet Pack Joyride and Bejeweled. Some of the casual driving and racing games can be fun too.

personally, I just like video games. I prefer traditional gaming more, but it doesn't keep me so in the box where I won't try different approaches.
---
Nintendo Network ID: Inf4mous
3DS FC: 1848-1793-3231
#7Run_2_the_HillsPosted 7/31/2014 9:09:45 PM

this. there are quite a few ios games that i've played before. they were good and a quick way to kill time.
#8_Candice_Posted 7/31/2014 9:52:50 PM
Casual games can be fun but for the most part, theyre timewasters and arent very engaging.

Being raised on Nintendo consoles, they set a fine standard for their games. A few casual games here and there is OK, but when it outnumbers everything meaningful on your console like the Wii, then its a bad sign.

Wii U isnt as bad in this regard.
---
It's not about graphics vs gameplay, it's about profits vs gameplay. Profits are more important than gameplay in this forum. -lgi on the Wii U messageboard
#9selfdeztructionPosted 7/31/2014 9:59:37 PM
Zarterak posted...

Dudette? TC is called TheMisterManGuy

That triple negative depicts the TC as a female.
---
XBL/PSN (PS3&vita)/Wii-U/Skype-selfdeztruction
Wii FC(HaVoK) 6605 3315 8599 4345 3DSXL FC(HaVoK) 3780 9281 5652 I'm no fanboy,I'm a dirty whore.OKC gamer
#10TheMisterManGuy(Topic Creator)Posted 7/31/2014 10:00:57 PM
_Candice_ posted...
Casual games can be fun but for the most part, theyre timewasters and arent very engaging.

Being raised on Nintendo consoles, they set a fine standard for their games. A few casual games here and there is OK, but when it outnumbers everything meaningful on your console like the Wii,then its a bad sign.

Funny, taking 3rd party games out of the equation, Nintendo released more core game for Wii than casual.