Skyward Sword Vs. Twilight Princess...

#21AvirosbPosted 8/1/2014 7:53:41 AM
Matt-Moores posted...
I didn't know there was a GameCube version, but Wii nonetheless..

The Wii version of TP is actually mirrored while the GC version is the "normal" one.
I think it's because most people are right-handed so they in turn made Link right-handed (because motion controls).
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#22AurawhispererPosted 8/1/2014 7:58:45 AM
Avirosb posted...
Aurawhisperer posted...
TP. Better controls, thus able me to continue with the story.

I would love to finish SS, but the controls are just awful
No they aren't. Not moreso than TP.

In TP, you had the option to play the gamecube version or the wii. I tested both. Both are well mannered and not so fixated on having to move your arm around, unlike SS.

SS, depending on the situation, you have to swing in every angle for the game to notice your motion. You can't even sit doing this without losing a heart. And the shield raising has always been a pain for me.

And it can't be my motion bar, seeing how I have it over my TV downward towards me and it's that wide motion module
---
Drones... Ponys... Xbros... These are the worst insults I've ever heard. What has the gaming community come to? Five year old "You got told" talk?
#23snake_5036Posted 8/1/2014 8:06:04 AM
SS, depending on the situation, you have to swing in every angle for the game to notice your motion. You can't even sit doing this without losing a heart. And the shield raising has always been a pain for me.

what

i don't even remember the last time I lost a heart in combat. all you do is flick left or right. shield raising you just bring the nunchuk up. it's so simple and i do all of this sitting down.
---
Anything is possible when your man smells like Old Spice and not a lady.
#24Matt-Moores(Topic Creator)Posted 8/1/2014 10:36:31 AM
Now I'm starting to wonder if I should be bothered with any of them at all. :-(
---
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths.
#25Flare7Posted 8/1/2014 10:38:38 AM
Twilight Princess is a solid game. I don't know what all the rambling is about on this thread talking about how bad these games are and motion control nonsense.

I hate motion controls and I thought they were done well in Twilight Princess and weren't a big deal. I haven't played SS so can't really comment, but it sounded pretty terrible to me.
#26DChybridkingPosted 8/1/2014 11:10:17 AM
TP
---
Fight to preserve that which inspires hope - Ezio Auditore
#27TheDuskwalkerPosted 8/1/2014 11:19:15 AM
Just a FYI you can turn a lot of the motion controls in Twilight Princess off in the options menu by disabling pointer controls (which also gets rid of the stupid pointer fairy). Only thing forced in TP is slashing, obviously, a few other attacks liek sword spin, and shield bash. In Skward Sword even if you like the slashing controls, it forces motion controls on you for a lot of other stuff, swimming, flying, bomb throwing, rope balancing, shooting arrows (even if you use lock-on), etc. which can get a bit tedious after awhile.

That's another reason I would say it's best to go TP first since you can turn most of this off if you end up not liking it. It's of course improved in Skyward Sword and more responsive thanks to Wii Motion Plus, but TP does let you test it out first, without it exactly being forced on you if you turn out to not like it. Only big negatives of the Wii version is the lack of camera control like the Gamecube version, and it being mirrored. Waggle for slashing isn't exactly as responsive as just hitting B, but combat isn't exactly challenging in TP so it's almost a moot point, and is still very fun.
---
TTT2: Lili/Jaycee/Asuka; BBCP: Noel/Mu; KOF13: Mai/Leona/Elisabeth; DSR: Morrigan
DOA5U: Kasumi/Hitomi/Sarah/Rachel/Helena; USF4: Juri/Cammy/Chun; SSB: Zelda
#28importvitaPosted 8/1/2014 1:41:54 PM
Twilight Princess. I am ashamed to say I actually traded Skyward Sword in. In hindsight I definitely should NOT have done that but...meh. I wasn't really enjoyed it anyway.
---
GameFAQs Mods...lol
#29SuperNeonManGuyPosted 8/3/2014 10:12:36 AM
Twilight Princess first if you're going to be playing it on the wii. Skyward sword first if you're going to be pllaying Twilight Princess on the gamecube. It's hard to go back to twilight princess's wii controls after playing skyward sword, it's not hard to play twilight princess on the gamecube after skyward sword at all though.
---
NNID: TallPerson
#30BaconPancakesPosted 8/3/2014 10:07:17 PM
I think Skyward Sword is the better game, though Twilight Princess would be the better game to play first as it's a lot easier and only requires thinking once in the entire game.
---
P.S.N. - Matface.
Go forth; touch the Demon inside of me.