Skyward Sword Vs. Twilight Princess...

#31VRX3000Posted 8/3/2014 11:17:29 PM
I'm amazed that so many people couldn't get a simple 1 inch movement to work in SS. The game controls far better than TP's unresponsive waggle.
---
I'm really starting to think mods hate me. no...it's official now.
#32AvirosbPosted 8/3/2014 11:21:05 PM
Aurawhisperer posted...
In TP, you had the option to play the gamecube version or the wii. I tested both. Both are well mannered and not so fixated on having to move your arm around, unlike SS.

And hey, each version only had one "option".
I also don't recall having to move my arms around that much in SS. Short, quick motions are usually what I do.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#33wiiking96Posted 8/3/2014 11:32:32 PM
VRX3000 posted...
I'm amazed that so many people couldn't get a simple 1 inch movement to work in SS.

The problem with the directionality of Skyward Sword was that it required a fair amount of gentleness. If you attempt to simply change the position of the sword quickly, then the game will likely interpret that as a slash. It feels kind of awkward shifting between quick movements for slashes and slow movements for changing the position, and players could find that unintuitive. The actual responsiveness is mostly fine, although the console can still gets things wrong every once in a while. A human limitation will always be at play when motion controls are involved.

The game controls far better than TP's unresponsive waggle.

wat
---
More villains need to be protagonists. BIS proves it can work.
Ridley, Ganondorf, Bowser, Fawful and King Dedede all for their own games!
#34VRX3000Posted 8/3/2014 11:43:00 PM
It didn't matter what direction you shook the wiimote in for TP. Link only did 3 types of stabs/slashes and they were all determined by the control stick and targeting, like OoT. However, the process of doing so was more problematic, especially in groups or enemies that needed a specific type. There was always a half-second delay, and getting Link to stop slashing was an issue...especially on the inevitable "tennis battle boss" with Link always slashing twice, no matter what, thus ruining any aspect of timing. It turned every fight into "shake the controller until stuff happens."

At least with SS, I can slash in the direction I want for pinpoint hits.
---
#35VRX3000Posted 8/3/2014 11:44:01 PM
Though oddly enough the bow worked perfectly fine in TP. I think the difference was just the wiimote vs the vastly superior wii motion plus.
---
#36wiiking96Posted 8/3/2014 11:50:33 PM
VRX3000 posted...
It didn't matter what direction you shook the wiimote in for TP. Link only did 3 types of stabs/slashes and they were all determined by the control stick and targeting, like OoT. However, the process of doing so was more problematic, especially in groups or enemies that needed a specific type. There was always a half-second delay, and getting Link to stop slashing was an issue...especially on the inevitable "tennis battle boss" with Link always slashing twice, no matter what, thus ruining any aspect of timing. It turned every fight into "shake the controller until stuff happens."

At least with SS, I can slash in the direction I want for pinpoint hits.

Both of those claims are untrue, unless you just had a bad Wiimote when playing TP or something.
---
#37VRX3000Posted 8/3/2014 11:52:54 PM
No, it was only TP. The wiimote works fine on every other game (except Raving Rabbids but that game was bad anyway).
---
#38Dark_SilverXPosted 8/3/2014 11:54:59 PM
vermilion99 posted...
Skyward Sword simply because it at least had a highly creative concept in the time shift stones. Nothing stood out in TP.

ignore this joke post. play TP and skip SS.
---
Carmine is a beast. No matter how many times he dies.
http://i.imgur.com/FrZIT.jpg http://i.imgur.com/RThXu.gif
#39AvirosbPosted 8/3/2014 11:55:44 PM
Dark_SilverX posted...
vermilion99 posted...
Skyward Sword simply because it at least had a highly creative concept in the time shift stones. Nothing stood out in TP.
ignore this joke post. play TP and skip SS.
Forgot to bring up some actual arguments.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#40wiiking96Posted 8/3/2014 11:57:56 PM
VRX3000 posted...
No, it was only TP. The wiimote works fine on every other game (except Raving Rabbids but that game was bad anyway).

I have played through TP multiple times, and I don't recall ever noticing input lag or responsiveness issues . . . well, aside from using the shield bash with the Nunchuck. I guess it has a less sensitive internal gyro than the Wiimote.
---