Does The eShop Use Cloud Storage?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does The eShop Use Cloud Storage?
11 months ago#1
Say if my WiiU breaks and I bought another WiiU, can I redownload all the WiiU games I purchased on my other WiiU with the same account like a cloud storage?
11 months ago#2
Nope. Nintendo has their head firmly up their ass and doesn't tie games to your account. They tie it to your hardware. If your hardware breaks, you need to get in touch with Nintendo if you ever want to see your games again.
---
AnthonM2 posted...
BTW I don't see The Last of Us as a western game because many asians worked with Naughty Dog on the game
11 months ago#3
No, unless you do a system transfer or call Nintendo.
What you want is not a cloud storage, because games are not stored in any cloud in any platform (except playstation now).
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
11 months ago#4
The download history is recorded on Nintendo's servers along with the serial number of the device, but you cannot redownload by yourself if that happens due to the lack of a proper account system. However, if you call Nintendo, they should be able to solve the issue.
11 months ago#5
Yeah, right now, you'd have to contact Nintendo and have them handle it if your console is broken. They are in the process of making your purchases only account-bound if the recent Wii U to Wii U transfer tool is any indication of it.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
11 months ago#6
What you want is purchases tied to accounts rather than devices. Why Nintendo doesn't do this when its been the standard for almost 20 years is beyond me. Its pretty much the only reason why I would never buy digital titles from Nintendo unless there was really NO other way to enjoy the title.
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
11 months ago#7
the stupid thing about the new Wii U to Wii U transfer tool is that if your console is broken, how can you start it up to do a transfer to a new one besides the pre-update fix of having to call it in over the phone?
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen
11 months ago#8
ElectricMole posted...
the stupid thing about the new Wii U to Wii U transfer tool is that if your console is broken, how can you start it up to do a transfer to a new one besides the pre-update fix of having to call it in over the phone?

If you werent such a Sony Pony you would just buy it again for full price. /sarcasm
---
NNID/PSN/GT: GeminiX7
FC: 0748-3100-6541 [FS: Tangelia, Ivysaur, and Maractus]
11 months ago#9
Since I see a mix of correct and incorrect information, purchases are tied to accounts. The problem is accounts are bound to a single console without the help of customer support in removing them. If you ever need to move an account from a lost or broken console, expect up to a week long wait before Ninty actually does anything. I had to, anyway...
---
Steam/XBL/NNID: Phanir || PSN: [NA] Phanir [JP] PhanirStiles
3DS FC: [NA] 1418-6781-7928 [JP] 2552-2383-0136
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Does The eShop Use Cloud Storage?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived