What was the last 10/10 game you played?

#71def361zeroPosted 8/1/2014 8:52:48 PM
None. two games that came somewhat close though are persona 4 golden and batman arkum city.
#72SillySquadPosted 8/1/2014 8:53:24 PM
spooky96 posted...
SillySquad posted...
Surprised nobody has mentioned Shadow of the Colossus (though I get that it's an old game and this is the Wii U board). I just beat it. There's really no room for improvement there.

tell me about the frame rate

(don't get me wrong, i've played SoTC and i give it a 10/10 as well) but saying there's no room for improvement is.....uh wrong?

Frame rate never really bothered me, honestly. I decided that it added to the "chaos" of the battles. You're right though, my statement was a reach. I'd love to see them rebuild that game from the ground up to match graphical standards on the latest consoles, as the HD version looks more or less the same in my opinion. It would be risky though, that art style might be hard to stay consistent with in higher resolution.
---
Pancakes
#73ShinChuckPosted 8/1/2014 8:56:30 PM(edited)
SuigintouEV posted...
Well, I don't agree with that. I think if there were two 10/10 games, one could be better from a preference viewpoint, for having more poignancy to the player.

Granadico_ posted...
But one game's merits has nothing to do with another's, especially if they're in entirely different genres.
Dark Side of the Moon might be a perfect album for some people, but that doesn't mean that Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club is any worse because of how good DSotM is. They're both simply perfect in their own right. (just an example of well regarded albums)

So pretending the theoretical perfection exits in the two albums (I haven't come across perfection yet, part of my point), you're concurring that something truly perfect could never be topped, only equaled, but that someone might personally prefer one over the other for whatever reason? Of course. That's how humans work. That fits just fine with what I said; I'm not sure where the issue lies.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you two. Sorry, it's late. :)
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#74MetalliConnerPosted 8/1/2014 8:59:54 PM
PennywiseJim posted...
arstos posted...
Shovel knight
#75Granadico_Posted 8/1/2014 9:01:51 PM
I'm just saying that each game/album/medium is its own creation, and its quality isn't dictated by its comparison to another.
There could be two sprinters in the Olympics, each with perfect form/breathing/pacing/etc in their running, but one wins by 3 feet. Just because one lost doesn't mean the runner's form/etc was any less perfect than the other, just that one was better.
I think we just have two different definitions of perfect. Yours is supreme, unmatched in quality, the best of the best. While mine is something that could not be any better and has no flaws.
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#76morningglory05Posted 8/1/2014 9:04:17 PM
Galaxy 1&2
#77Luigi4PresidentPosted 8/1/2014 9:06:19 PM
The past few games have been 10/10. Xenoblade, Metroid Prime Trilogy...
---
The washer fluid is not fine!
#78MikeDanger1Posted 8/1/2014 9:12:18 PM
SSJMario posted...
Metal Gear Rising. So fun!
#79RagnawindPosted 8/1/2014 9:25:18 PM
It's not on Wii U, but I would say Steins;Gate on PC was the most recent game I finished that I would rate 10/10 (completed it last week).
#80ScarlettailPosted 8/1/2014 9:30:40 PM
If you mean by last game I played recently, then Paper Mario, which I just restarted for another run, cause I personally love the game for my own reasons. Brawl before that, too.

In terms of game I last bought... maybe when I bought Chrono Trigger for the Wii VC last summer. Wind Waker HD, too, but that's a remake.
---
3DS FC: 1805-2178-2522 Safari: Delibird, Sneasel, Dewgong
Days until Smash 4 3DS NA release: 62