Do you think Smash 3DS cannibalizes Wii U?

#1SBias73Posted 8/1/2014 8:42:02 PM
I hear this theory a great deal. That by releasing a 3DS version of Smash is going to absolutely ruin sales for the Smash version for the Wii U. We all know Nintendo was banking on this game to sell Wii U units. Does it hurt it? Should the 3DS game not been made at all?
---
Nin ID: Sbias73
Add me. I could talk about gaming all day.
#2QuestionmarktariusPosted 8/1/2014 8:42:55 PM
It's a Xanatos Gambit. Go look it up.
#3Granadico_Posted 8/1/2014 8:46:46 PM(edited)
Maybe slightly, but not much.
Hardcore fans will get both if possible, or Wii U version alone.
Normal fans who have both will probably get U's for local multiplayer and/or HD big screen TV play.
Casuals will get it for whichever system they have. Its not like anyone one game will sell a system to them anyway
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#4Baha05Posted 8/1/2014 8:46:55 PM
Nope
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#5king_maddenPosted 8/1/2014 8:52:21 PM
I think it partially will. if 3ds owners with no wiiu get it and enjoy it they may not see a reason to buy a wiiu for one just yet and may wait for zelda u before they jump in. who knows. some who own both may opt for the version you can take everywhere, just looking for the word that its a great game.
#6ShinChuckPosted 8/1/2014 9:00:32 PM
Fighters tend to be preferred on home consoles, and I expect it to be the same. It might cut into sales to an extent, but I think most Smash fans will want it on their big TVs at home.

Just my guess.
---
GamerTag: ShinChuck, PSN: ShinChuck1
http://homepage.mac.com/shinchuck - Video games, YouTube, Deviantart, Etcetera.
#7R_HunterPosted 8/1/2014 9:06:52 PM(edited)
All I know is i'm getting both.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
I claim my time is valuable. I visit GF. I was wrong.
#8Granadico_Posted 8/1/2014 9:07:28 PM
king_madden posted...
I think it partially will. if 3ds owners with no wiiu get it and enjoy it they may not see a reason to buy a wiiu for one just yet and may wait for zelda u before they jump in. who knows. some who own both may opt for the version you can take everywhere, just looking for the word that its a great game.

oh my god King_Madden we agreed on sometihng
There's hope for this marriage after all
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#9AceMosPosted 8/1/2014 9:10:59 PM
Questionmarktarius posted...
It's a Xanatos Gambit. Go look it up.

i miss the old page image for xanatos gambit on tvtropes when they had a picture of xanatos and a caption that read he is smiling becuse he won 3 turns ago you just dont know it yet
---
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
#10king_maddenPosted 8/1/2014 9:20:19 PM
Granadico_ posted...
king_madden posted...

oh my god King_Madden we agreed on sometihng
There's hope for this marriage after all

That marriage counselor was worth the money!