The Best Game on Wii U.

#1QlJGamerPosted 8/2/2014 5:31:10 AM
The Wii U has a lot of bombshell games like Super Mario 3D World and Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze. And I really enjoy Wind Waker HD too. But the best game on the Wii U is Pikmin 3 for me. Pikmin 3 would be unstoppable if it had online play. What do you think is the best game on Wii U?

Pikmin 3 with Wii remote isn't like any other game. The gamepad adds to the game a lot. Because you will need it to do the challenge mode.
---
guaranteed to meet or exceed the quality standards of the leading brand.
#2NovaLevossidaPosted 8/2/2014 5:32:49 AM
I think it's 3D World. I don't much like the mechanics of the game (8-way run, the time it takes to build up momentum, etc.) but the rest of the game is rather brilliant. MK8 was what I thought I'd enjoy more, but it ultimately was a letdown to me. I think Smash will be the best game on the system when it comes out though.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#3QlJGamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 5:36:52 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
I think it's 3D World. I don't much like the mechanics of the game (8-way run, the time it takes to build up momentum, etc.) but the rest of the game is rather brilliant. MK8 was what I thought I'd enjoy more, but it ultimately was a letdown to me. I think Smash will be the best game on the system when it comes out though.

I loved Super Mario 3D World too, it was awesome. But I think I spoiled the game for me, because I kinda seen most of the levels before playing them. I like that the After game had a level spike. But Pikmin 3 just seemed more original and unique to me.
---
guaranteed to meet or exceed the quality standards of the leading brand.
#4S_K_FPosted 8/2/2014 5:39:44 AM
It's between SM3DW and MK8 for me. Both games I loved enough to get 100%, including beating the whole game with every character in SM3DW, and getting the gold glider in MK8. If I were forced to pick I think I'd go with SM3DW.
---
"I fully expected RickRoll but holy crap, that video was amazing. OP delivers. Have the OP of the Year 2014 award." - georgethecow4
#5NovaLevossidaPosted 8/2/2014 5:40:12 AM
Ah, I didn't look at much of the footage past the trailers, so it was fresher to me than it was for you. I had tried Pikmin 3, but I didn't really care for it. It wasn't that the game was bad, it was just that it's the sort of game that didn't appeal to me.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#6trenkenPosted 8/2/2014 5:43:19 AM(edited)
I guess wind waker. I was very disappointed in both mario games. Mario kart is good but no stat tracking or leaderboards online killed it for me and made the online totally pointless. Might as well be playing the ai. I interest after a week.
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#7burningxbridgesPosted 8/2/2014 5:44:20 AM
NovaLevossida posted...
I had tried Pikmin 3, but I didn't really care for it. It wasn't that the game was bad, it was just that it's the sort of game that didn't appeal to me.

This. Just wasn't very fun. Maybe I didn't get far enough in, but it didn't interest me at all.

For me the best Wii U exclusive thus far is WWHD. Good game made even better.
#8Crystal_DreamPosted 8/2/2014 5:47:15 AM
As someone with only 3 Wii U games (4 if you want to count Mass Effect 3), I can't really say.

However, 3D World hits me with a bunch of nostalgia, from Tanooki Suits, those tank levels, item houses... the game even has ****ing Bullies from Mario 64!
---
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili
#9Krambo42Posted 8/2/2014 6:12:19 AM
Shovel Knight, if that counts. If not, it's a tie between NSMBU and MK8. I'm not a big fan of SM3DW, and after two worlds I have yet to be wowed by Tropical Freeze (though it is good).
#10Snow-DustPosted 8/2/2014 6:14:15 AM
Clearly all the posters before this comment have never played wonderful101 yet