Nintendo should just mandate a Mute All button for online voice chat

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo should just mandate a Mute All button for online voice chat

User Info: zerooo0

zerooo0
2 years ago#1
Seriously one of the best features that Black Ops 2 had was mute all button. If Nintendo has such an issue with kids talking online add security measures to the consoles that could prevent a certain age of talking, but a Mute All button would be a better fix. If ya complain about hearing the kids then mute all button would benefit you and everyone. Seriously I don't see how Nintendo haven't even implemented this yet. Hoenstly though almost any online game should have this. One of the best things that Black Ops 2 did great.
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
2 years ago#2
That's a great idea. Let the people who like voice chat have and let those who don't just turn it off.
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom

zerooo0
2 years ago#3
SegavsCapcom posted...
That's a great idea. Let the people who like voice chat have and let those who don't just turn it off.

It's just too much common sense I guess for Nintendo to put in.
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton

User Info: SuperNeonManGuy

SuperNeonManGuy
2 years ago#4
it's not that there's no mute button, it's that there's no os integrated chat. it's left up to developers so that games like trine 2 or splatoon can have voice chat if necessary. splatoon will most likely have voice controls like trine 2 did.
NNID: TallPerson

zerooo0
2 years ago#5
SuperNeonManGuy posted...
it's not that there's no mute button, it's that there's no os integrated chat. it's left up to developers so that games like trine 2 or splatoon can have voice chat if necessary. splatoon will most likely have voice controls like trine 2 did.

I'm talking about Nintendo making it mandatory for their first party games, or potentially any game

SuperNeonManGuy
2 years ago#6
zerooo0 posted...

I'm talking about Nintendo making it mandatory for their first party games, or potentially any game

then no, i would hate it being mandatory. like i said, if it's "necessary" then i don't mind it. people say that voice chat is necessary for online multiplayer but i've managed to play through a lot of the later levels, with two other people with no voice chat. i could play splatoon without it too but i could see why people would want it, for example communication wouldnt really matter as long as you're inking the ground. i think that the only reason that people really want voice chat in all games is because the other 2 have this functionality. but the other two also have a kinect-ish thing, the wii u doesn't have this either. it doesn't make it worse, it doesn't mean it's lacking. is the ps4 suddenly worse because it doesn't have a camera, touch SCREEN and nfc sensor built into it's controller? no? exactly.

i just dont think that features should be shoehorned in because people cant adjust.

SuperNeonManGuy
2 years ago#7
*later levels of trine 2

User Info: DTY3

DTY3
2 years ago#8
Nintendo HAS parental controls. Great ones too. I don't get why they're also trying to be the parent. Leave the parenting to the parents. You are not responsible for watching our children.

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
2 years ago#9
zerooo0 posted...

then no, i would hate it being mandatory. like i said, if it's "necessary" then i don't mind it. people say that voice chat is necessary for online multiplayer but i've managed to play through a lot of the later levels, with two other people with no voice chat. i could play splatoon without it too but i could see why people would want it, for example communication wouldnt really matter as long as you're inking the ground. i think that the only reason that people really want voice chat in all games is because the other 2 have this functionality. but the other two also have a kinect-ish thing, the wii u doesn't have this either. it doesn't make it worse, it doesn't mean it's lacking. is the ps4 suddenly worse because it doesn't have a camera, touch SCREEN and nfc sensor built into it's controller? no? exactly.

i just dont think that features should be shoehorned in because people cant adjust.

An added accessory that raises the price of a console isn't the same as your console having voice chat in most games.

The kinect and the gamepad were 2 things that turned some off of the respected consoles. Ps4 was actually applauded for not doing that, but again not the same things.

Features =/= accesories.

User Info: Fayt349

Fayt349
2 years ago#10
zerooo0 posted...
If Nintendo has such an issue with kids talking online add security measures to the consoles that could prevent a certain age of talking, but a Mute All button would be a better fix. If ya complain about hearing the kids then mute all button would benefit you and everyone. Seriously I don't see how Nintendo haven't even implemented this yet. Hoenstly though almost any online game should have this. One of the best things that Black Ops 2 did great.

You keep talking about black ops 2 as if it's the only game that's had that.
Intel i5 3570k||Vengence 8 GIG DDR3 RAM||EVGA GTX 760 ||4 TB WD Black+1TB Seagate + 128 gig Samsung Pro SSD || Corsair 650W |Asus MOBO||CM scout advance 2 case
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Nintendo should just mandate a Mute All button for online voice chat

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived