Nintendo should just mandate a Mute All button for online voice chat

#1zerooo0Posted 8/2/2014 11:32:50 AM
Seriously one of the best features that Black Ops 2 had was mute all button. If Nintendo has such an issue with kids talking online add security measures to the consoles that could prevent a certain age of talking, but a Mute All button would be a better fix. If ya complain about hearing the kids then mute all button would benefit you and everyone. Seriously I don't see how Nintendo haven't even implemented this yet. Hoenstly though almost any online game should have this. One of the best things that Black Ops 2 did great.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 8/2/2014 11:39:56 AM
That's a great idea. Let the people who like voice chat have and let those who don't just turn it off.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#3zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 11:41:02 AM
SegavsCapcom posted...
That's a great idea. Let the people who like voice chat have and let those who don't just turn it off.

It's just too much common sense I guess for Nintendo to put in.
---
Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.--General Patton
#4SuperNeonManGuyPosted 8/2/2014 12:06:59 PM
it's not that there's no mute button, it's that there's no os integrated chat. it's left up to developers so that games like trine 2 or splatoon can have voice chat if necessary. splatoon will most likely have voice controls like trine 2 did.
---
NNID: TallPerson
#5zerooo0(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 12:09:35 PM
SuperNeonManGuy posted...
it's not that there's no mute button, it's that there's no os integrated chat. it's left up to developers so that games like trine 2 or splatoon can have voice chat if necessary. splatoon will most likely have voice controls like trine 2 did.

I'm talking about Nintendo making it mandatory for their first party games, or potentially any game
---
#6SuperNeonManGuyPosted 8/2/2014 9:43:47 PM
zerooo0 posted...

I'm talking about Nintendo making it mandatory for their first party games, or potentially any game

then no, i would hate it being mandatory. like i said, if it's "necessary" then i don't mind it. people say that voice chat is necessary for online multiplayer but i've managed to play through a lot of the later levels, with two other people with no voice chat. i could play splatoon without it too but i could see why people would want it, for example communication wouldnt really matter as long as you're inking the ground. i think that the only reason that people really want voice chat in all games is because the other 2 have this functionality. but the other two also have a kinect-ish thing, the wii u doesn't have this either. it doesn't make it worse, it doesn't mean it's lacking. is the ps4 suddenly worse because it doesn't have a camera, touch SCREEN and nfc sensor built into it's controller? no? exactly.

i just dont think that features should be shoehorned in because people cant adjust.
---
#7SuperNeonManGuyPosted 8/2/2014 9:44:54 PM
*later levels of trine 2
---
#8DTY3Posted 8/3/2014 5:11:27 AM
Nintendo HAS parental controls. Great ones too. I don't get why they're also trying to be the parent. Leave the parenting to the parents. You are not responsible for watching our children.
#9king_maddenPosted 8/3/2014 10:52:00 AM
zerooo0 posted...

then no, i would hate it being mandatory. like i said, if it's "necessary" then i don't mind it. people say that voice chat is necessary for online multiplayer but i've managed to play through a lot of the later levels, with two other people with no voice chat. i could play splatoon without it too but i could see why people would want it, for example communication wouldnt really matter as long as you're inking the ground. i think that the only reason that people really want voice chat in all games is because the other 2 have this functionality. but the other two also have a kinect-ish thing, the wii u doesn't have this either. it doesn't make it worse, it doesn't mean it's lacking. is the ps4 suddenly worse because it doesn't have a camera, touch SCREEN and nfc sensor built into it's controller? no? exactly.

i just dont think that features should be shoehorned in because people cant adjust.

An added accessory that raises the price of a console isn't the same as your console having voice chat in most games.

The kinect and the gamepad were 2 things that turned some off of the respected consoles. Ps4 was actually applauded for not doing that, but again not the same things.

Features =/= accesories.
#10Fayt349Posted 8/3/2014 10:53:01 AM
zerooo0 posted...
If Nintendo has such an issue with kids talking online add security measures to the consoles that could prevent a certain age of talking, but a Mute All button would be a better fix. If ya complain about hearing the kids then mute all button would benefit you and everyone. Seriously I don't see how Nintendo haven't even implemented this yet. Hoenstly though almost any online game should have this. One of the best things that Black Ops 2 did great.

You keep talking about black ops 2 as if it's the only game that's had that.
---
Intel i5 3570k||Vengence 8 GIG DDR3 RAM||EVGA GTX 760 ||4 TB WD Black+1TB Seagate + 128 gig Samsung Pro SSD || Corsair 650W |Asus MOBO||CM scout advance 2 case