Paper Mario and Mario Party need to go back to their roots

#1Dave23Posted 8/2/2014 12:40:20 PM
I don't understand the need to change things that aren't broken. Yes you want to introduce new elements to keep things from getting stale, but you can do that and also keep the basics. Paper Mario needs to go back to being like the first two and Mario Party needs to not be like the last one that is for sure. These ars two franchises that if done right can reinvigorate the Nintendo name for sure.
---
Currently playing NBA2k11,CoD:BO, and replaying The Wind Waker
#2SegavsCapcomPosted 8/2/2014 12:46:19 PM
I agree. A traditional Paper Mario would be great. Heck, I'd buy a remake of the first one (given that they updated the mechanics and added new stuff, of course).
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#3fbt47Posted 8/2/2014 12:52:19 PM
They should put an option to remove the car in the new Mario Party.
#4Leon_Powalski_7Posted 8/2/2014 1:50:22 PM
fbt47 posted...

---
I am the great Leon!
#5SoggyCornflakePosted 8/2/2014 2:16:13 PM
I personally thought the car was kinda lame, but I mean they should have been at least able to have both modes in the new one you would think. As I'm sure some people enjoyed the car. It's not like it would add very much production time to include both options.
#6NintendoLover25Posted 8/2/2014 2:21:12 PM
I don't know if they need to, Mario Party 9 outsold most other games in the series besides 8 and DS, while Super Paper Mario outsold TTYD and Sticker Star outsold the original game. They seem to be doing alright sales wise.
#7Edouard_kerooPosted 8/2/2014 2:23:47 PM
Back then people complained that the MP formula was getting stale...You can have the cake and eat it. Should it change ? Yes. Should it go back ? They would as well put the previous one on eshop...
---
PSN:Omilun
#8Lefty128kPosted 8/2/2014 2:52:57 PM
Dave23 posted...
I don't understand the need to change things that aren't broken. Yes you want to introduce new elements to keep things from getting stale, but you can do that and also keep the basics. Paper Mario needs to go back to being like the first two and Mario Party needs to not be like the last one that is for sure. These ars two franchises that if done right can reinvigorate the Nintendo name for sure.

The "root" of Paper Mario is Super Mario Seven Stars.

A game with enough depth to make Paper Mario 1, look like Paper Mario Sticker star.
#9Pink_a_DinkPosted 8/2/2014 3:01:16 PM
I just wanna say I like the car idea in Mario Party 9. It makes the games shorter but more fun. I never really understood the hate for it. So you can't wander around a board, who cares? Sure its completely different from previous MP games, but its still fun. Compared to every MP game out, 9 had the most fun mini games by far, and that's all that really matters. I have high hopes for 10.
---
My reaction when stupid people say stupid things - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBVhfdduwfo
The Wii U board is seriously just awful.
#10Mandrew257Posted 8/2/2014 3:02:00 PM
Leon_Powalski_7 posted...
fbt47 posted...

---
Even if Roy doesn't make it into the next Smash bros, Roy's still our boy.
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257. Feel free to add me :)