Is 3rd place such a bad thing?

#1Wii_TruthPosted 8/2/2014 4:54:52 PM
Hypothetically if PS4 sold 100 million, Microsoft sold 50 million and Wii U sold 30 million, is that so terrible if Nintendo profited in the end? The race for second place seems like more of a pissing contest to me...
---
But...but..bu...Nintendo built a new building!
#2Crystal_DreamPosted 8/2/2014 4:55:32 PM
If you're not first, you're last.
---
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili
#3Granadico_Posted 8/2/2014 4:56:48 PM
I feel profit is more important. Though it looks bad for the company who was in last place, both internally and externally (the consumer)
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#4iKhanicPosted 8/2/2014 4:56:54 PM
No, but the Wii U has been on track to sell 15-18M units in a lifetime., which is a very bad thing. If you adjust for the expansion of the market, that's about as well the Dreamcast or Genesis would have sold if they were around today.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#5j_darrellPosted 8/2/2014 4:58:00 PM
It'd probably be unfortunate for Nintendo. Historically, I don't think most people who bought the system would care.
#6MaouSadoPosted 8/2/2014 4:58:01 PM
The whole "race" period is the biggest steaming pile of feces ever created. It's the single most juvenile, pedantic piece of **** to grace our hobby.

Yet it's the best diversion the industry could have implemented to keep "gamers" away from thinking about how anti-them the industry has become.
#7Wii_Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 4:58:22 PM
Crystal_Dream posted...

Quoting the great Ricky Bobby, I see..
---
#8theFAKEsheridanPosted 8/2/2014 4:59:46 PM
For a fanboy like you, I would say yes.
---
Xbox fanboys were the worst last gen, this gen I can't decide which fanboys are the worst, Nintendo or PC ones?
#9Crystal_DreamPosted 8/2/2014 5:02:19 PM
Wii_Truth posted...
Crystal_Dream posted...

Quoting the great Ricky Bobby, I see..

Seemed appropriate.
Though everything is awesome.
---
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili
#10Wii_Truth(Topic Creator)Posted 8/2/2014 5:03:36 PM
theFAKEsheridan posted...
For a fanboy like you, I would say yes.

I am proud to be a Nintendo fan. At least I am not as ignorant as others who are brand loyal, and think there is nothing worth playing outside of their console of choice.
---