Is 3rd place such a bad thing?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is 3rd place such a bad thing?
2 years ago#1
Hypothetically if PS4 sold 100 million, Microsoft sold 50 million and Wii U sold 30 million, is that so terrible if Nintendo profited in the end? The race for second place seems like more of a pissing contest to me...
But...but..bu...Nintendo built a new building!
2 years ago#2
If you're not first, you're last.
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili
2 years ago#3
I feel profit is more important. Though it looks bad for the company who was in last place, both internally and externally (the consumer)
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
2 years ago#4
No, but the Wii U has been on track to sell 15-18M units in a lifetime., which is a very bad thing. If you adjust for the expansion of the market, that's about as well the Dreamcast or Genesis would have sold if they were around today.
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
2 years ago#5
It'd probably be unfortunate for Nintendo. Historically, I don't think most people who bought the system would care.
2 years ago#6
The whole "race" period is the biggest steaming pile of feces ever created. It's the single most juvenile, pedantic piece of **** to grace our hobby.

Yet it's the best diversion the industry could have implemented to keep "gamers" away from thinking about how anti-them the industry has become.
2 years ago#7
Crystal_Dream posted...

Quoting the great Ricky Bobby, I see..
2 years ago#8
For a fanboy like you, I would say yes.
Xbox fanboys were the worst last gen, this gen I can't decide which fanboys are the worst, Nintendo or PC ones?
2 years ago#9
Wii_Truth posted...
Crystal_Dream posted...

Quoting the great Ricky Bobby, I see..

Seemed appropriate.
Though everything is awesome.
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili
2 years ago#10
theFAKEsheridan posted...
For a fanboy like you, I would say yes.

I am proud to be a Nintendo fan. At least I am not as ignorant as others who are brand loyal, and think there is nothing worth playing outside of their console of choice.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Is 3rd place such a bad thing?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived