The Wii U is a fun system.

#1SavageFury21Posted 8/2/2014 11:10:56 PM
With great games like Super Mario 3D World, Wind Waker HD, and soon Super Smash Bros., this system has a bright future for the gaming community.

What are your favorite things about the Wii U?

Other than sales.
#2arstosPosted 8/2/2014 11:20:42 PM(edited)
Honestly, there's not much about the system I actually like. the competitors do pretty much everything better (hard drive space, account system, online, chat, store, sales, etc), and the wii-u's one major feature, the gamepad, has barely been used in any way to really justify its existence, off screen play is a great idea, but considering you can't even take the gamepad out of whatever room the system is in without losing connection its pretty useless.

It does however have some great games with more on the way, so I can forgive all that, for the most part
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian Steam:Dragonlibrarian7 NNID:Dragonlibrarian
#3megamachopopPosted 8/2/2014 11:24:03 PM
arstos posted...
Honestly, there's not much about the system I actually like. the competitors do pretty much everything better (hard drive space, account system, online, chat, store, sales, etc), and the wii-u's one major feature, the gamepad, has barely been used in any way to really justify its existence, off screen play is a great idea, but considering you can't even take the gamepad out of whatever room the system is in without losing connection its pretty useless.

It does however have some great games with more on the way, so I can forgive all that, for the most part

Except it also has backwards compatibility, free online, external hard drive space options, complete and fun games with very few encouraging bad practices of DLC, fun local multiplayer, and more. There are things competitors do better, but the Wii U has a lot going for it that people like to overlook.
#4arstosPosted 8/3/2014 12:20:46 AM
megamachopop posted...
arstos posted...

Except it also has backwards compatibility, free online, external hard drive space options, complete and fun games with very few encouraging bad practices of DLC, fun local multiplayer, and more. There are things competitors do better, but the Wii U has a lot going for it that people like to overlook.

Backwards compatibility is nice, but I keep all my old systems. Agreed. Im sorry, but when most peoples phones have more memory than a console theres something wrong, having such a small hard drive is inexcusable regardless of whether or not you can get an external especially when Nintendo wants to move into the digital market. dlc is frequently abused, but it can be great and Nintendo's been doing it right so far, I hope to see more of it. I love local multiplayer, but ignoring online is just as bad as ignoring local multiplayer. Its not that people overlook the good, its just outweighed by the bad.

Regardless I love Nintendo, but they need to step up their game.
---
PSN:Dragonlibrarian Steam:Dragonlibrarian7 NNID:Dragonlibrarian
#5AvirosbPosted 8/3/2014 12:55:03 AM
I like the gamepad, the clean look of the interface, and I honestly think I've had more fun with its games compared to the Wii,
although I'm old and jaded and fun is hard to come by.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#6RobJ24Posted 8/3/2014 2:47:31 AM
It's pro consumer
#7trenkenPosted 8/3/2014 4:11:15 AM
Bright future. Like 7 retail releases next year bc noone is making games for the U. -.-
---
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// 3DS | 1504-5688-7256
PS3 | CygnusZero
#8AvirosbPosted 8/3/2014 4:29:53 AM
trenken posted...
Bright future. Like 7 retail releases next year bc noone is making games for the U. -.-
That's your favorite thing about the Wii U? The emoticon doesn't seem to agree with you.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#9BoomerTheGreatPosted 8/3/2014 4:51:47 AM
I wouldnt take that entity serious Avir. It was in a topic praising someones looks on GFAQs and trust me it was funny.
---
Greatness comes from within
#10vattodevPosted 8/3/2014 5:23:07 AM
I like the gameplay options. You can play amazing games like Pikmin 3, SM3DW, DKC:TF, MK8, WWHD, W101, MH3U and ask yourself: How do I want to experience this? Motion controls, analogs or D-pad? Should I use the touch screen? TV or Off screen?
All these options actually give a bit of variety to the games. It's always fun to ask my friends how they want to play each game. Some people prefer motion controls, some people prefer analogs and some people prefer d-pads.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121