The Wii U is a fun system.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The Wii U is a fun system.
1 year ago#11
I like how so many of the games have local multiplayer and I like off TV play for single player. The former is the main reason I like home consoles (since not everyone needs their own system and game to play together like handhelds) and the latter makes it a bit closer to the convenience of a handheld by not having to be facing a TV. I also haven't been dissapointed by any of the games I bought, they are mostly my favorite in their series like 3D World, DK TF, and Pikmin 3.
1 year ago#12
arstos posted...
megamachopop posted...
arstos posted...
Honestly, there's not much about the system I actually like. the competitors do pretty much everything better (hard drive space, account system, online, chat, store, sales, etc), and the wii-u's one major feature, the gamepad, has barely been used in any way to really justify its existence, off screen play is a great idea, but considering you can't even take the gamepad out of whatever room the system is in without losing connection its pretty useless.

It does however have some great games with more on the way, so I can forgive all that, for the most part

Except it also has backwards compatibility, free online, external hard drive space options, complete and fun games with very few encouraging bad practices of DLC, fun local multiplayer, and more. There are things competitors do better, but the Wii U has a lot going for it that people like to overlook.

Backwards compatibility is nice, but I keep all my old systems. Agreed. Im sorry, but when most peoples phones have more memory than a console theres something wrong, having such a small hard drive is inexcusable regardless of whether or not you can get an external especially when Nintendo wants to move into the digital market. dlc is frequently abused, but it can be great and Nintendo's been doing it right so far, I hope to see more of it. I love local multiplayer, but ignoring online is just as bad as ignoring local multiplayer. Its not that people overlook the good, its just outweighed by the bad.

Regardless I love Nintendo, but they need to step up their game.

at least the online is free. im not paying 400 and then 50 a year for online when wii u has free online.
1 year ago#13
I like how it's become a magnet for all the dust in the house. Makes dusting the house much easier.
1 year ago#14
My favorite Wii U features:
- Backward compatibility - I missed out on a lot of games for Wii so I have been taking advantage of this. Why doesn't Xbox One or PlayStation 4 have backward compatibility to their consoles (other than PS Now)? I had to buy myself a PS3 to play PS3 and PS1 games.
- Internet Browser - Among all video game consoles I used that had a web browser, Wii U's is by far the best. Before getting a high performance, I would be using the Wii U's Internet Browser all the time on my first Wii U. My first Wii U eventually died due to overheating or ventilation problems.
- Off-TV Play - I can make the Wii U GamePad like a handheld, even though it has limited range

Among all eighth generation home consoles, Wii U is my favorite. My second favorite is PlayStation 4, but I barely used my PS4.
---
Xbox/Windows Gamertag & NNID: TDPNeji | Steam ID & PSN: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
1 year ago#15
megamachopop posted...
arstos posted...
Honestly, there's not much about the system I actually like. the competitors do pretty much everything better (hard drive space, account system, online, chat, store, sales, etc), and the wii-u's one major feature, the gamepad, has barely been used in any way to really justify its existence, off screen play is a great idea, but considering you can't even take the gamepad out of whatever room the system is in without losing connection its pretty useless.

It does however have some great games with more on the way, so I can forgive all that, for the most part

Except it also has backwards compatibility, free online, external hard drive space options, complete and fun games with very few encouraging bad practices of DLC, fun local multiplayer, and more. There are things competitors do better, but the Wii U has a lot going for it that people like to overlook.

I wonder why people ignore BC. I remember when I bought my Wii U for MH3U and the only thing I had in mind was: I don't need my Wii anymore, so I can get rid of it and play everything I already own on my wii U. So I gave it to my cousin. BC literally saved her about $100. That's how much this feature was worth for me.
---
Have fun with whatever you like instead of telling people that they are having fun the wrong way.
3DS FC: 0748-3443-8121
1 year ago#16
Link1429 posted...
I like how it's become a magnet for all the dust in the house. Makes dusting the house much easier.
The wonders of electromagnetism and having a tiny house.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. The Wii U is a fun system.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived