Why isn't Twilight Princess your favorite Zelda game?

#151recollectmusicPosted 8/3/2014 9:43:25 PM
iKhanic posted...
recollectmusic posted...
iKhanic posted...
recollectmusic posted...

> Skyward Sword also have a mass amount of characters with growth, arguably doing it better.
>It has ugly graphics with little color and clashing concepts (such as the crazy characters looking weird in the world, etc), and it DOES use Bloom. You obviously don't know what bloom is.
>The music is great, but it was definitely not the best in the series, mostly because they were still using midi at the time.
>*Emptiest Map

-SS had one developing character, Groose, and he still had a largely comic relief based character. TP had Midna, Ralis, Colin, Talo, King Bulblin, and even Yeto and Yeta to a degree.
-Having a darker graphical style doesn't preclude the game from having lighthearted charm. The key is a good balance of the two. And while not great for everything, the style works well with TP's tone. Look up the SS texture pack for TP on YouTube. It looks terrible, mostly due to that tone issue.
-The fact that it was midi allowed them to create a vast range of sounds that SS missed out on because it was orchestrated. Also, it's MIDI quality was quite good.
-It's map was as empty as the other 3D Zelda games.

-To be honest. I didn't count the SS characters, so meh, but regardless, you ignored the other more important example I listed: Majora's Mask.

-And I'm saying it didn't find a balance at all. It came off as awkward and broke the otherwise "dark" tone of the game. It was like they were going for a dark game but couldn't make up their mind and commit to it.

-And midi doesn't have any sound advantages over orchestral. Everything you can do in midi, you can do in higher quality with regular music. Sure, the midi was probably the best I'd ever heard, but that still doesn't mean it compares to orchestral soundtracks (or rather, non-midi soundtracks). :P

-TP was more barren. There wasn't little to find or do in the overworlds, and there were sprawling empty areas with literally nothing in them. At least WW had treasure and SS had lots of islands or those treasure blocks on the ground. :P

-I haven't played Majora's Mask, so I couldn't respond to it.

-I don't think they were trying to make a super serious game. They were trying to make a Zelda game with a slightly darker tone, but keep the Zelda charm

-It depends on what you mean by orchestral. If you mean strictly orchestral instruments, then no. That limits the type of music you can have. If you say that you can add an electronic synth sound and other unconventional instruments, then yes, you can have the same variety.

-TP was filled with hidden grottoes and mini-dungeons all over the world, then you had chests and collectables scattered about. Just like WW had some islands with something involved, and others had chests and collectables.

-Ahhh, okay.

-And they may not have been, but that's my issue with it. If they were they didn't do it well enough and it shows. If they weren't, they made the tone dark in a lot places that clashed with the parts that weren't. It just didn't work well for the atmosphere.

-And I suppose you're right with TP. I had honestly forgotten about those. I only remember a few caves and like 2 or 3 grottos, to be honest. But my bigger issue is really that the game world felt like there should be more in it for it's size. The world was huge, but the secrets were stretched out farther as a result.
---
Pokemon Black FC - 3482 6679 3025
#152BaconPancakesPosted 8/3/2014 9:46:13 PM
ponyseizures posted...
>best story, easily most cinematic
>mass array of characters, with character growth
>best graphics,avoiding cel shading and bloom lighting
>best music
>biggest map
>choice of controls
>best selling
>inexpensive to pick up

So why, board?

>What story? Zelda games do not have stories, they have plot points.
>Name one character that gets growth other than Midna.
>Twilight Princess has objectively bad graphics as it was a Gamecube title released in 2006.
>Subjective, some of the music is actually nice, though it's all subjective.
>Biggest and most empty map, congratulations!
>A Link to the Past and Ocarina still has the best controls for a Zelda game based on their release.
>Ocarina of Time sold a total of almost eleven million games with both the N64 and 3DS.
>Twilight Princess sold almost nine million across the Gamecube and Wii.
>May be cheap, though so is McDonald's. I'd rather eat out at a restaurant than eat Macca's.
---
P.S.N. - Matface.
Go forth; touch the Demon inside of me.
#153JJ2036Posted 8/3/2014 9:55:57 PM(edited)
I can't curl into a ball and roll at high speeds, Fly around on a flower, or swim at high speeds and shock things.
---
GT: JayIsDaTruth
PSN:The1TheyFearAzir
#154Arn544Posted 8/3/2014 10:26:41 PM
wh0_kn0ws posted...
^there are tons of weirdos in every zelda

hyrule is basically populated by nothing but

well aLttP and OoT didn't really have any of them (OoT has like that one weird kid, carpenters son), not until Tingle and some of the anime crap that started flooding in later did the franchise go completely to hell.

It's really sad that all the top gaming series from 15 years ago completely suck in 2014 and it's all because of the Japanese entertainment industry. Anime did to the gaming industry what humans have done to the rain forests.
#155mrred76Posted 8/3/2014 10:27:55 PM
It is ta!
#156JaghavePosted 8/3/2014 10:33:47 PM
Because majora mask
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 780TI | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
I fought the law and the law lost
#157Gump_the_GreatPosted 8/3/2014 11:35:42 PM
"best music"... STRONGLY Disagree...

But other than that, good points. Still not my favorite for reasons such as:

-Pacing (once again, it draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaags out the beginning)
-Too linear
-Not the most interesting temple design
-Not very dificult

As for pros that you forgot however one is:

-Fantastic Boss Fights
#158supermegabloxPosted 8/4/2014 2:26:03 PM
Arn544 posted...
wh0_kn0ws posted...
^there are tons of weirdos in every zelda

hyrule is basically populated by nothing but

well aLttP and OoT didn't really have any of them (OoT has like that one weird kid, carpenters son), not until Tingle and some of the anime crap that started flooding in later did the franchise go completely to hell.

It's really sad that all the top gaming series from 15 years ago completely suck in 2014 and it's all because of the Japanese entertainment industry. Anime did to the gaming industry what humans have done to the rain forests.

lttp does have tingle though.
---
Not changing this sig until a new Jet Set Radio game or JSRF remakes announced. Started 7/26/2014
Vita>WiiU>3DS>PS2>Xbox360>PS3
#159ElectricMolePosted 8/4/2014 2:27:10 PM
TP is one of my favorites, I like WW the least, but even WW is a good game.
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen
#160moogle69Posted 8/4/2014 2:41:02 PM
ponyseizures posted...
>best story, easily most cinematic

its ok nothing special
>mass array of characters, with character growth

yeah whatever
>best graphics,avoiding cel shading and bloom lighting

disgusting
>best music

hell no
>biggest map

empty boring
>choice of controls

whatever
>best selling

because of those meh graphics
>inexpensive to pick up

no point

So why, board?

i just felt like it really.
---
3DSXL FC: 0087-3600-6980, PSN ID: snoteat01 NN ID: snoteat01
Super Hype: Xenoblade X, SSBU, LOZ:U, Bravely Second, Tales of Zestiria, KH2.5re, Bayonetta 2