Why isn't Twilight Princess your favorite Zelda game?

#21vital_tundraPosted 8/3/2014 9:32:33 AM
Best graphics? Lmao it already shows its age, unlike Windwaker, or any other less realistic Zelda title.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
#22mostcorruptPosted 8/3/2014 9:38:47 AM(edited)
It's the only Zelda game that I ever got bored of about halfway through and
never bothered to finish. And it's a pretty ugly game to boot.
#23Ghost-inZeShellPosted 8/3/2014 10:08:00 AM
Graphics serve Aesthetics

(photo) Realistic Aesthetics show their age the fastest because they are always limited by the graphics of the time.
Half-Life is a great game, maybe the best, and its graphics were the most realistic of its year, but those type always age so fast.

Golden Axe Beast Rider has graphics that literally a thousand times more powerful than ParappaTheRapper, but Parappa looks better.
Why is that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oK8UTRgvJU

Don't get me wrong, Twilight Princess is a fine looking game, but the cel-shaded aesthetic choice will keep its beauty, but the "realist" aesthetic choice will age.
---
Don't rock the boat. Don't even get in the boat! Just buy some ice cream and walk around the pier. But don't go in the bathrooms; they're filthy!
#24Granadico_Posted 8/3/2014 10:09:41 AM
Only played up to the first dungeon. Got up to some part where monkeys where blocking some bridge r soemtihng and had to give it back to my friend :P
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#25TaaronPosted 8/3/2014 10:15:20 AM
>best story, easily most cinematic

Though a good story is fine, overly cinematic is a bad thing IMO. Play games for gameplay, not to watch a movie.

>mass array of characters, with character growth

Uhh what? Many games have a array of characters and only one with real character growth is Midna.

>best graphics,avoiding cel shading and bloom lighting

The graphics are not everything.

>best music

Nope. Opinion not fact.

>biggest map

That was actually a problem in this game, how much time gets wasted simply traveling in big mostly empty areas.

>choice of controls
>best selling
>inexpensive to pick up

Really have nothing else to say about the rest of these.

Well simple answer to why it isn't my favorite is its not a Link to the Past.
---
Nothing wrong with a 40 year old man watching anime intended for 5 year old Japanese girls.
#26TkmajingPosted 8/3/2014 10:17:38 AM
Blancshammer posted...
Because Wind Waker HD exists.

---
3DS FC= 5086-1941-1568
#27SuperNeonManGuyPosted 8/3/2014 10:20:53 AM
i dont think that twilight princess has the best story... it's riddled with holes and doesnt make sense.

i'm assuming by "best graphics" you mean "best artstyle" and that's completely your opinion. i would argue that twilight princess is the worst offender in the bloom lighting department... go to any twilight area and tell me that's not a lot of bloom
---
NNID: TallPerson
#28SlimeSwayzePosted 8/3/2014 10:23:46 AM
I think it's the most tedious and cookie-cutter Zelda, at least in terms of the 3D games. It's just not a very interesting game.
---
Don't post something you'd be ashamed to show your parents or your children.
#29MajinKogahazanPosted 8/3/2014 10:23:52 AM
Because of Wind Waker, Majora's Mask, Ocarina of Time, Link's Awakening, Oracle of Seasons, Oracle of Ages, and maybe A Link Between Worlds and The Minish Cap.
---
3DS FC: 2449 - 5765 - 2688 PM me and I'll add you
Joe, Joe, Joe, Funky Kong, Joe, Dry Bones, Toad
#30ReliasPosted 8/3/2014 10:29:34 AM
Simple, better Zelda's are available, personally half the stuff you mentioned does not mean a thing to me, as much as is it fun while I am playing it, I didn't have as much fun with Twilight Princess, as I did with say Link's Awakening, Link Between Worlds, and OOT. If I did, it might be my favorite Zelda, as it stands, OOT is, with Link's Awakening a strong second.