After the Wii U; Wii U 2 or 3DSi?

#1CholocandyPosted 8/3/2014 8:43:15 AM
So, what do you guys think? Clearly the Wii U doesn't have much life left on it's own, so what console do you think will Nintendo pull out now? They've announced a totally new console for "developing economies", so do you think that could be it? It would make sense for them to try again after one failed attempt. On the other hand, they've proven themselves in the portable market, so maybe they'll have a go at it again? Which one would you prefer, and which one do you think they should try?

While we're on this topic, let's talk about Bayonetta 2. System seller or not?
---
Visit my Play Asia affiliate link : http://www.play-asia.com/?affiliate_id=1487085
Many thanks in advance! Good day to you( or night :/).
#2georgethecow4Posted 8/3/2014 8:45:34 AM
Personally, I think that we'll see a new handheld next E3 or maybe the one after with a new console shown in 2018. But maybe they actually will do that hybrid thing, who knows?
---
3DS FC: 3136-6598-7067 Name: Andrew
#3fbt47Posted 8/3/2014 9:10:16 AM
I want HDS or DS Fusion after the 3DS and Nintendo Fusion after the Wii U.
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 8/3/2014 9:12:35 AM
l get the feeling after the TERRIBLE launches and first years of both systems and overabundant system confusion, they will be rebranding come next gen.
#5Jami393Posted 8/3/2014 9:32:01 AM
How would you even get a 3DSi? Wasn't the i part of the DSi mainly the camera, in which the 3DS has. Three of them infact.
#6Prince ShondronaiPosted 8/3/2014 9:34:28 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
l get the feeling after the TERRIBLE launches and first years of both systems and overabundant system confusion, they will be rebranding come next gen.

I get the feeling that after the TERRIBLE launches in general this gen, no one is going to be anxious to release new hardware of any kind for at least a few more years.
---
Lobotomy means never having to say you're sorry.
#7Granadico_Posted 8/3/2014 10:18:52 AM
fbt47 posted...
I want HDS or DS Fusion after the 3DS and Nintendo Fusion after the Wii U.

This. Though a Nintendo Fusion would eliminate the point of an HDS.
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#8KevaSanPosted 8/3/2014 10:27:42 AM
The Wii U still has a good life ahead of him, it's not it'll die next year.
#9SuperNeonManGuyPosted 8/3/2014 10:32:15 AM
tc, QOL is most likely not a console...
---
NNID: TallPerson
#10FattitudePosted 8/3/2014 12:17:50 PM
The wisest move would be to play by their strengths, which right now is the Handheld Market.

That Fusion idea was a good one honestly. Make something like the Wii U (Which could essentially function as a more powerful DS type system if they wanted it to) that is much more powerful at least PS4 level, but has full compatibility with the DS, 3DS and their eventual new handheld which is built to work fully with it.
---
(>^_^)>(>O_o)>
y helo thar