After the Wii U; Wii U 2 or 3DSi?

#11GEKGanonPosted 8/3/2014 3:40:00 PM
There is no such thing as a "hybrid" console that hasn't already been done.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#12NovaLevossidaPosted 8/3/2014 3:57:07 PM
Prince Shondronai posted...
DeathSoul2000 posted...
l get the feeling after the TERRIBLE launches and first years of both systems and overabundant system confusion, they will be rebranding come next gen.

I get the feeling that after the TERRIBLE launches in general this gen, no one is going to be anxious to release new hardware of any kind for at least a few more years.

Well, at least one of them didn't have a terrible launch.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
#13KwajdeltaPosted 8/3/2014 8:08:13 PM
I think it is way too soon. If they make another console, they are admitting the Wii U as a failure and the next console wouldn't sell well because those who bought Wii U aren't going to just drop it. As for another handheld; do you really need another one so soon? They've put out a new model for the past 3 years in a row.
---
Distract and Destroy
GT: Gold Firebird
#14GodRebornPosted 8/3/2014 9:19:40 PM
my thinking is that nintendo will blend the handheld and the console devices into one by evolving the gamepad in some way. seems like the next step to me.
#15GEKGanonPosted 8/4/2014 3:09:35 PM
GodReborn posted...
my thinking is that nintendo will blend the handheld and the console devices into one by evolving the gamepad in some way. seems like the next step to me.

Why do people keep saying this? This has already been done. It is called the Wii U. They mixed the Wii and the DS.
---
Steam Name: gekganon
#16wisemiddsPosted 8/4/2014 3:30:56 PM
A HD portable that can also be played on the big screen seems the most logical step
---
3DS friend code: 3652 - 0628 - 9229
NNID, PSN: wisemidds
#17Wii_TruthPosted 8/4/2014 3:42:49 PM(edited)
I'm holding out for Gameboy Ultra and Nintendo 7. I wouldn't expect the successor to arrive until 2017 at the earliest, though. I would be floored if they released it in 2015. That's a 3 year life span for Wii U, and it would be a major hit to Nintendo financially to prep and release a new console so soon. I think they should completely drop the Wii name next gen obviously, but it wouldn't be a bad idea to continue supporting Wii U for the Wii BC and make some "light" casual and kid-friendly games on it to offer an affordable alternative to Nintendo 7. By that time it could be like $150.

Bayonetta will obviously not sell a huge amount of Wii U systems, but it remains a significant pillar in drawing in consumers interested in the hardcore franchise, and otherwise not-so-interested in Nintendo games.
---
But...but..bu...Nintendo built a new building!
#18NairodmaticPosted 8/4/2014 4:10:06 PM(edited)
Cholocandy posted...
So, what do you guys think? Clearly the Wii U doesn't have much life left on it's own, so what console do you think will Nintendo pull out now? They've announced a totally new console for "developing economies", so do you think that could be it? It would make sense for them to try again after one failed attempt. On the other hand, they've proven themselves in the portable market, so maybe they'll have a go at it again? Which one would you prefer, and which one do you think they should try?

I haven't heard of this, so I don't know if it's true or not. However, to me, that sounds like corporate speak for a stripped down version to be sold at a cheaper price. Perhaps a much more inexpensively made gamepad, or no game pad at all, and/or no internet connectivity out of the box-an adapter (proprietary, of course) must be purchased separately.

As far as a new system, I think that they'll go with the rumored "Fusion" stuff that was mentioned months ago. I'm guessing that it'll still be two different systems, console and handheld, but the architecture in both will be similar enough to make developing and porting for both that much easier (faster).

For whatever reason, I made it up in my mind that their next system would be a portable with television connectivity, that would serve as both handheld and home system, but it probably wouldn't be cost effective enough for N, what with needed to somehow connect up to for controllers, having USB ports, HDMI ports, WiFi, CPUs and all that other s***.

We'll see.

Cholocandy posted...
While we're on this topic, let's talk about Bayonetta 2. System seller or not?

Not.
---
Born, raised, live, work, and play in Detroit.
Gaming since '82.
#19Cholocandy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 2:23:23 AM
Lots of interesting views here. I've also learnt of this new "Fusion" thing just now. I looked it up, and it looks really impressive... too impressive.

I'll fathom it'll be either really expensive, or a greatly exaggerated rumor... or maybe it could be the new console for growing economies that I was talking about.
Nairodmatic posted...
Cholocandy posted...
While we're on this topic, let's talk about Bayonetta 2. System seller or not?

Not.

called it.
---
Visit my Play Asia affiliate link : http://www.play-asia.com/?affiliate_id=1487085
Many thanks in advance! Good day to you( or night :/).