How badly has Nintendo failed to use the Wii U tablet to its full potential?

#21SolisPosted 8/3/2014 4:22:41 PM
Darksilver4 posted...
trenken posted...
Darksilver4 posted...
Nintendo did not fail at using the tablet, since the Wii U don't come with a tablet.

Yes, it does not have a touch screen controller.

A tablet is a device that has an OS, the Wii U gamepad does not have it's own OS on it.

That's definitely not true, even the Wii had a tablet that didn't include its own OS.

http://www.amazon.com/uDraw-GameTablet-Studio-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B003ZTTCBQ
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#22DarkAdonis123Posted 8/3/2014 4:26:20 PM
Nintendo has no idea what they're doing with it. I think they told themselves that if they made a dual screened console, it'd see the same popularity of their dual screened handhelds. Except it didn't. It's primary use is offscreen play, which I have no interest in. And I'm sure countless other don't either. There is no perk to playing on the gamepad over my tv. And the range is too short to take it around the house.
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#23AvirosbPosted 8/3/2014 4:29:45 PM
DarkAdonis123 posted...
And I'm sure countless other don't either.
And I'm certain others do.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#24DarkAdonis123Posted 8/3/2014 5:27:37 PM
Avirosb posted...
DarkAdonis123 posted...
And I'm sure countless other don't either.
And I'm certain others do.

If they can find usefulness for the gamepad, great, but my point still stands. With the extremely short range, it sucks for offscreen play. If I have to be within 15-20 feet of my Wii U, why would I ever play on a tiny 5 inch screen instead of my 60 inch tv?
---
If Platinum was HAND drawn, she'd be on paper, fool. This is a video game. They just made her on screen, no "drawing" involved -Delano7 on BlazBlue
#25lazer_licePosted 8/3/2014 5:44:17 PM
Troll topic.

Move along folks.
#26Darksilver4Posted 8/3/2014 11:16:48 PM
Solis posted...
Darksilver4 posted...
trenken posted...
Darksilver4 posted...
Nintendo did not fail at using the tablet, since the Wii U don't come with a tablet.

Yes, it does not have a touch screen controller.

A tablet is a device that has an OS, the Wii U gamepad does not have it's own OS on it.

That's definitely not true, even the Wii had a tablet that didn't include its own OS.

This tablet for the Wii could play games on it's own and did not need to be hooked up to the Wii ?
---
PSN: Darksilver4
NN ID: Darksilver4
#27SolisPosted 8/3/2014 11:24:07 PM
Darksilver4 posted...
Solis posted...
Darksilver4 posted...

This tablet for the Wii could play games on it's own and did not need to be hooked up to the Wii ?

No it couldn't, that's the point.
---
"Walking tanks must exist somewhere for there to be such attention to detail like this in mech sim." - IGN Steel Battalion review
#28RPGMaster95Posted 8/3/2014 11:42:36 PM
In this topic, some people believe nintendo has actually used the gamepad in good ways and isnt completely ignoring how it can benefit their franches.

While everyone else is being immature and obnoxious about the use and definition of the word tablet when everyone knows what tc meant. Seriously anyone simply posting "its not a tablet" is trolling.
---
Vegeta trolls Frieza:
http://youtu.be/JA8hx3YPdtw
#29Dark__ThronePosted 8/4/2014 4:04:12 AM
It seems even Ubisoft made more of an effort with the gamepad features than Nintendo have so far. I haven't play Pikmin 3 or Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze so maybe they had really cool gamepad features.
---
"Are you dead!? HUH!? CARNAGE!!!"
#30DarkAdonis123Posted 8/4/2014 5:46:16 AM
Dark__Throne posted...
It seems even Ubisoft made more of an effort with the gamepad features than Nintendo have so far. I haven't play Pikmin 3 or Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze so maybe they had really cool gamepad features.

They don't. Before the recent Pikmin 3 patch, the gamepad's only real purpose was to display a map. And DKTF does nothing with it except offscreen play.
---