How's Skyward Sword and Twilight Princess to the newbie?

#11Banjo2553Posted 8/3/2014 10:44:35 PM
To a newbie? I think they're pretty good. Then again I feel Twilight Princess is my favorite 3D Zelda game, tied with Majora's Mask (which is a harder game to get into). I also feel like Skyward Sword is hated too much but I do admit it has its issues as far as being called a Zelda game.
---
Come see my game collection: http://www.backloggery.com/bakonbitz
#12WiiareVenomPosted 8/3/2014 10:46:57 PM
Twilight Princess is relatively easy. As usual, the water level is a pain to figure out.

Skyward Sword is a bit more difficult, but not to bad. It may be easier puzzle wise though. Enemies do more damage, your shields are breakable, and their is stamina to deal with, but it isn't too bad.
---
"Awake! A vast! Hold tight your buns, if buns you do hold dear, For time has come to wake and run, and not give way to fear!" ~ Lemongrab
#13PennywiseJimPosted 8/3/2014 10:55:31 PM
Like others have said, start with Twilight Princess, then play Skyward Sword. They are both really good, but I think I like Skyward Sword just a bit better. Remember that you'll need a Wii remote with MotionPlus to play Skyward Sword.
#14ESBLive(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 1:26:12 AM
Now all that's left is to find the game. It's pretty rare here in the Philippines. I'll be ordering online as a last resort.

PennywiseJim posted...
Like others have said, start with Twilight Princess, then play Skyward Sword. They are both really good, but I think I like Skyward Sword just a bit better. Remember that you'll need a Wii remote with MotionPlus to play Skyward Sword.

Oh man I forgot about that. I got a Wiimote with motion plus, but I saw a nunchuk being used for this. Am I going to need a nunchuk too?
#15nonexistingheroPosted 8/4/2014 2:03:30 AM(edited)
Wii_Truth posted...
Twilight Princess is more accessible. I'd start with that, and then move to Skyward Sword. The controls in Skyward Sword are going to take some fine-tuning to master.

Nah, SS is far more accessible for new players who aren't familiar with the Zelda franchise. TP is basically Ocarina of Time with larger areas & dungeons, less sidequests and the wolf mechanic. It's also the longest 3D Zelda game by far.

It doesn't really matter in which order you play the games though. If you love one of them, you'll love all of them. And while some of the older ones may be a bit dated on a technical level in some ways, it shouldn't hinder your enjoyment of the game. They're just well-crafted games that can stand the test of time. They'll be just as fun whether you play it now, a decade ago or a few decades in the futre.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#16Dr Edward RoivasPosted 8/4/2014 11:08:29 AM
Hmm...I must say that Skyward Sword is indeed "accessible" in terms of the game letting you look at convient, respectful hint videos, the fact that you have items that let you scout the area, and how sidequests aren't blitheringly obscure to figure out.
---
Best Impossible Crossover? "The Higura, She Holler".
#17Flare7Posted 8/4/2014 11:11:12 AM
Well in regards to your question, I'd say TP is accessible and worth playing. I haven't played SS, but I'm going to assume the same.

However, if you're getting into the Zelda franchise for the first time, you desperately need to play Link to the Past as it's one of the best games ever made, Zelda or not. The original is also still a great game, but maybe harder to get into than LttP.
#18AkaihiryuuPosted 8/4/2014 11:27:15 AM
The Wii version of TP is terrible, I highly recommend the GC version, but the Wii U won't run that (barring mods of course).
#19RatheVPosted 8/4/2014 12:33:38 PM
Twilight Princess was the first 3D zelda I beat.

It's uh, ok? I guess? I really never liked it, and the more I played the rest of the games, the more I became convinced that it was pretty crap compared to other Zeldas. But, still alright, I suppose.

Friggin love Skyward Sword though. I always feel there's a bit of a double standard with these two games, really - it has a lot of the same backtracking and collecting problems as TP, but only SS seems to get flak for it. I think the best thing to do in this case is to find a way to play before you buy, and try the controls out yourself. If you're able to wrap your mind around the fact that yes, you will be moving your arm a fair bit in this game, I think you'll probably enjoy it far more than TP.
#20gordanchoongPosted 8/4/2014 12:42:04 PM
If you had to pick between the two titles, I would choose Twilight Princess over Skyward Sword. Seriously, SS is too overrated with many giving it perfect 10 out of 10 when it deserves the most 8 out of 10. I have overcome its flaws and have beaten it five times, but I still prefer Twilight Princess for being more like Ocarina of Time and not being flawed by bad game design that was uneccessary in the first place.