What do you think is the most overrated Nintendo home console?

#1iKhanicPosted 8/3/2014 10:54:17 PM(edited)
What is the most overrated Nintendo home console in your opinion?? - Results (344 votes)
Color TV-Game series
1.45% (5 votes)
NES
9.59% (33 votes)
SNES
14.83% (51 votes)
N64
22.09% (76 votes)
GC
10.76% (37 votes)
Wii
33.14% (114 votes)
Wii U
8.14% (28 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I've got to say the SNES.

The hardware wasn't anything special, the games have aged horribly in an era that has moved on to 3D, and it marks the first time in video game history when Nintendo started to lose their grip on the video game industry, and when 3rd parties started to bail.

But people seem to hail it as the greatest system ever created for some reason.

EDIT: Keep in mind that this is about the consoles' hardware, not just the games on them. Just because you think Mario World, FF6, and Super Mario Kart, or Viewtiful Joe, Mario Sunshine, and Metroid Prime are great and deserve all their praise doesn't necessarily mean anything for the consoles themselves.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#2Snow-DustPosted 8/3/2014 10:12:28 PM
Il laugh so hard if there is anyone who puts down the cube. That machine was a beast
#3Baha05Posted 8/3/2014 10:15:59 PM
NES
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#4kukingina2Posted 8/3/2014 10:16:24 PM
the wii
---
Is Metroid's gun part of his armor or is he a cyborg like Data from Star wars?
NNID: RobertTheZombie 3ds FC: 4940 - 5506 2047 BattleNET: Robertzombie #1277
#5iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 10:16:40 PM
Snow-Dust posted...
Il laugh so hard if there is anyone who puts down the cube. That machine was a beast

I say this as someone who grew up with the N64 and Cube: it's 2nd after the SNES on the list.

The GCN actually introduced FEWER features than it's competitors and continued to operate on a medium that 3rd Parties didn't prefer. That said, it's games have aged well, and it's not hailed as the best system EVAR, either.

The only great things that the GCN brought to the table were the most ingenious form factor for a gaming system, and the greatest traditional controller of all time.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#6Snow-DustPosted 8/3/2014 10:18:23 PM
iKhanic posted...
Snow-Dust posted...

I say this as someone who grew up with the N64 and Cube: it's 2nd after the SNES on the list.

The GCN actually introduced FEWER features than it's competitors and continued to operate on a medium that 3rd Parties didn't prefer. That said, it's games have aged well, and it's not hailed as the best system EVAR, either.

The only great things that the GCN brought to the table were the most ingenious form factor for a gaming system, and the greatest traditional controller of all time.

Ahh the controller. It's as if they built it specifically for smash
#7vital_tundraPosted 8/3/2014 10:19:13 PM
GC and Wii are underrated in my opinion, and besides that nothing is really over rated. Consoles in general have enough going for them for none to be over rated. Although the Dreamcast is over rated. Console sucked ass and everyone knows it. Genesis to a lesser extent.
---
3DS friend code: 1848-2159-5405 (Richie)
#8iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 10:22:23 PM
kukingina2 posted...
the wii

Yes, the Nintendo system that wins almost every negative Nintendo system poll is overrated...
---
#9Oni_TaedoPosted 8/3/2014 10:33:31 PM
The N64. I can count the amount of good games on that thing, on one hand.

Killer Instinct Gold
Perfect Dark
F-Zero X
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time.

Mind you, I didn't grow up with the damn thing, so maybe I'm just not nostalgic about it. Like, I played it at my friend's house when it was new, and felt like I wasn't missing much. Hell, I've played almost every game that came out in the West, and felt kinda meh about the whole thing.

I mean, it's still got five more good games than the PS1 had, but it's still Nintendo's worst console.

The Gamecube on the other hand... WHOA! That thing kicked ASS.
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#10theFAKEsheridanPosted 8/3/2014 10:34:18 PM
Wii.
---
Xbox fanboys were the worst last gen, this gen I can't decide which fanboys are the worst, Nintendo or PC ones?