What do you think is the most overrated Nintendo home console?

#11JaghavePosted 8/3/2014 11:36:02 PM
Wii was a terrible system
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 780TI | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
I fought the law and the law lost
#12iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 11:40:07 PM
Jaghave posted...

But it also gets a lot of hate.

There's a reason I omitted the Virtual Boy from this poll. The system was terrible, but everyone hates it too.

That's not overrated.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#13JaghavePosted 8/3/2014 11:40:26 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
The N64. I can count the amount of good games on that thing, on one hand.

Killer Instinct Gold
Perfect Dark
F-Zero X
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time.

Mind you, I didn't grow up with the damn thing, so maybe I'm just not nostalgic about it. Like, I played it at my friend's house when it was new, and felt like I wasn't missing much. Hell, I've played almost every game that came out in the West, and felt kinda meh about the whole thing.

I mean, it's still got five more good games than the PS1 had, but it's still Nintendo's worst console.

The Gamecube on the other hand... WHOA! That thing kicked ASS.

Um I can name a dozen more
Smb64
Ogre battle
Harvest moon
Banjo Kaazooie
Banjo Tooie
Conker Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong
Beetle Adventure Racing
Mario Party
Pokémon Snap
Goldeneye
Wave Race
Rampage
Etc.
---
I7-2600k OC @ 4.10GHZ | GeForce GTX 780TI | 8 GB DDR3. http://www.backloggery.com/jaghave
#14JaghavePosted 8/3/2014 11:41:35 PM
iKhanic posted...
Jaghave posted...

There's a reason I omitted the Virtual Boy from this poll. The system was terrible, but everyone hates it too.

That's not overrated.

It the best selling system last freaking generation I declare that over rated
---
#15iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2014 11:43:18 PM
Jaghave posted...
iKhanic posted...
Jaghave posted...

That's not overrated.

Fair enough. I'd never say the system that loses all the positive polls and wins all the negative ones overrated, but different strokes for different folks.
---
"Well, they sure don't make evil immortal sorcerers like they used to." - Klarion the Witch Boy
#16JaghavePosted 8/3/2014 11:51:15 PM
iKhanic posted...
Jaghave posted...
iKhanic posted...
Jaghave posted...

That's not overrated.

Fair enough. I'd never say the system that loses all the positive polls and wins all the negative ones overrated, but different strokes for different folks.

Here my logic
NES a tad overrated but you have to respect it
Snes a solid system but Sega Gen was better : )
N64 really an under rated system
GC even more under rated then the n64
Wii why was this so popular few years ago it had worse controls then the atari 5200
Wii U even more under rated then the GC

So that left me with
Nes, Snes, and Wii.... Snes still has the gen vs snes battle so that knocks it out and Nes rebuild the gaming industry on it back so that left the travesty of the wii.
---
#17Oni_TaedoPosted 8/3/2014 11:55:19 PM
Jaghave posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

Killer Instinct Gold
Perfect Dark
F-Zero X
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time.

Mind you, I didn't grow up with the damn thing, so maybe I'm just not nostalgic about it. Like, I played it at my friend's house when it was new, and felt like I wasn't missing much. Hell, I've played almost every game that came out in the West, and felt kinda meh about the whole thing.

I mean, it's still got five more good games than the PS1 had, but it's still Nintendo's worst console.

Smb64
Ogre battle
Harvest moon
Banjo Kaazooie
Banjo Tooie
Conker Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong
Beetle Adventure Racing
Mario Party
Pokémon Snap
Goldeneye
Wave Race
Rampage
Etc.

I said GOOD games. Not mediocre ones.

Gosh. Some people.

Rampage was fun for five minutes. Then I brought it back and got DK64. That wasn't fun at all. Why did I ever buy it? Rare's only good games on the N64 were a fighting game, and an FPS. Neither of which they're fondly remembered for. No, it's all about those awful Super Mario 64 clones they did with that dumb bear and his annoying bird side kick.

Perfect Dark did everything Goldeneye did, but did it better (well, first off, Perfect Dark did it WELL. Something Goldeneye didn't do was NOT suck. It's like the suck was hard programmed into the game's code, or something).
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#18JaghavePosted 8/4/2014 12:00:06 AM(edited)
Oni_Taedo posted...
Jaghave posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

Killer Instinct Gold
Perfect Dark
F-Zero X
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time.

Smb64
Ogre battle
Harvest moon
Banjo Kaazooie
Banjo Tooie
Conker Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong
Beetle Adventure Racing
Mario Party
Pokémon Snap
Goldeneye
Wave Race
Rampage
Etc.

Gosh. Some people.

Rampage was fun for five minutes. Then I brought it back and got DK64. That wasn't fun at all. Why did I ever buy it? Rare's only good games on the N64 were a fighting game, and an FPS. Neither of which they're fondly remembered for. No, it's all about those awful Super Mario 64 clones they did with that dumb bear and his annoying bird side kick.

Perfect Dark did everything Goldeneye did, but did it better (well, first off, Perfect Dark did it WELL. Something Goldeneye didn't do was NOT suck. It's like the suck was hard programmed into the game's code, or something).

explain to me how Ogre Battle 64 and Harvest Moon 64 are mediocre especially with the demand and the prices they go for. I'll admit Rampage might be stretching it on average and good scale but the rest are solid good to great games for there times.
---
#19iKhanic(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 12:08:39 AM
Jaghave posted...
iKhanic posted...
Jaghave posted...
iKhanic posted...
Jaghave posted...

That's not overrated.

Here my logic
NES a tad overrated but you have to respect it
Snes a solid system but Sega Gen was better : )
N64 really an under rated system
GC even more under rated then the n64
Wii why was this so popular few years ago it had worse controls then the atari 5200
Wii U even more under rated then the GC

So that left me with
Nes, Snes, and Wii.... Snes still has the gen vs snes battle so that knocks it out and Nes rebuild the gaming industry on it back so that left the travesty of the wii.

Wow, that list is almost completely backwards from mine.

NES- I can't really say it's overrated. Maybe the games get a tad bit too much praise in the modern era, but it revived video games. Neutral

SNES- See my OP. I think it's the most overrated Nintendo system by far

N64- Again, it gets a bit too much praise, as the games have aged poorly, and the hardware was mixed. The fact that the hardware was built around 3D gaming was fantastic, and the Analog stick was a great addition. I'd have to say it's about neutral

GC- The 2nd most overrated Nintendo system. I love the games, I really do. I have over 40 of them. But the system stagnated more than any other in Nintendo's history. When you really look at it, the GC was basically a gimped budget XBOX that served as a price gate to any Nintendo exclusive you wanted to play.

Wii- I think this is the greatest system of all time, and it gets WAY too much hate. So heavily underrated. I'd say it has some of the best games in Nintendo's history, some of the most interesting 3rd party exclusives, and some of the most original hardware ideas that successfully manifested themselves in software.

Wii U- it deserves all the criticism it gets. Far too many 2D games, not enough games in general, a sacrifice in power for a device that could have been sold separately with no repurcussions, and a high price point all make this the worst Nintendo system if you ask me.
---
#20theFAKEsheridanPosted 8/4/2014 12:10:59 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Jaghave posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...

Killer Instinct Gold
Perfect Dark
F-Zero X
Majora's Mask
Ocarina of Time.

Smb64
Ogre battle
Harvest moon
Banjo Kaazooie
Banjo Tooie
Conker Bad Fur Day
Donkey Kong
Beetle Adventure Racing
Mario Party
Pokémon Snap
Goldeneye
Wave Race
Rampage
Etc.

Gosh. Some people.

Gosh. Some people.
---
Xbox fanboys were the worst last gen, this gen I can't decide which fanboys are the worst, Nintendo or PC ones?