Is it possible they could port SMA4: SMB3 with the E Reader content to vc?

#1Cheko2015Posted 8/3/2014 11:48:40 PM
I see they have already ported Super Mario Advance 3, Yoshis Island to the VC. I think in japan, they ported SMA2 Super Mario World. I wouldn't mind them bringing in SMA4 Super Mario Bros 3 into the fray. I think it would be fun to have.

The only thing is and the main reason I would be against it is it seems Nintendo is extremely lazy in their vc ports meaning no changes whatsoever even if a major function/feature in the game required the original hardware. Multiplayer is a good example of this as GBA VC title have no way of playing VC games. So I feel like if they did release SMA4 SMB3, it wouldn't have any way of utilizing the E Reader features. I doubt they would do this but I really wish they would release it with all the E-Reader levels already included and the Cape Feather programmed as a possible item from Toad Houses alongside the suits.

But sadly I doubt we will ever see this. *sigh*, Ill just go play my e-readerless basic version of 16 bit SMB3 through my All Stars Wii edition game.
---
See Quote
#2StriderVMPosted 8/4/2014 12:46:51 AM
It's a possibility. But it's near zero chance I'm afraid.

I honestly think the chance of Simon Belmont being add to Smash has a better chance than seeing E-Reader unlocks or Support for VC because Nintendo never did any kind of adjust to their VC ever.
---
Hope for the Best. But expect the worst.
#3n00bsaib0tPosted 8/4/2014 12:50:53 AM
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I would actually be willing to pay extra for e-reader unlock DLC.
---
PSN/XBL- Nifterific
SSF4AE: Balrog, Evil Ryu | UMvC3: C.Viper/Morrigan/Hulk | MK9: Noob Saibot, Cyber Sub-Zero | SFxTK: Ryu/Guile
#4Mario maniacPosted 8/4/2014 12:55:39 AM
I haven't looked too much into it, but if SMB3 features will be in Mario Maker it wouldn't be too long before they were all replicated in that anyhoo.

But yeah, I doubt they'll bother giving us the e-Reader levels. At least there are means of accessing even the Series 3 and 4 levels on our carts.
---
3DS FC: 5327-0923-7747
New Leaf: Adam in Animal C
#5manmousePosted 8/4/2014 2:16:41 AM
Mario maniac posted...
I haven't looked too much into it,

some Mario maniac you are...
---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-b18HMqJW5A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nt1-XWiMveY
#6adampeltzPosted 8/4/2014 3:27:07 AM
I have almost all the cards, including nearly all of the Japanese levels (except one very rare one). There wasn't enough space on the GBA cart to hold all of the levels, especially if you include the Japanese exclusive cards that never got released here.

So, unless they hack the menu screen and rom to include space for every level, as well as translate those Japanese titles to the levels, it wouldn't work to do a straight emulation.

You'd have to scan in the levels as you played them back in the day. Plus, there's no way for them to handle all of the power-ups and item switches you can scan in as well.

Nintendo isn't known for emulating very unique, system exclusive features from old games (which is probably why Pokemon never came out for VC, and why we have no Super Gameboy support on 3DS).

So, I wouldn't count on it, especially because they already released the original SMB3 on both VC services at this point.
---
Am I going to pass the Bar exam? Please send me some good vibes.
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0 | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
#7adampeltzPosted 8/4/2014 3:30:53 AM
Mario maniac posted...
I haven't looked too much into it, but if SMB3 features will be in Mario Maker it wouldn't be too long before they were all replicated in that anyhoo.

Some of that stuff still wouldn't be able to be replicated even if we had SMB3's engine. They mixed attributes from SMW, SMB3, and SM2USA in making those levels. For example, you can have Cape Mario pull up turnips and throw them at Kuribo Shoe wearing Goombas. They were a blend of attributes from all of the old games, plus with new elements as well that were never in any other Mario game like the grey blocks.
---
Am I going to pass the Bar exam? Please send me some good vibes.
XBL Gamertag: Peltz | PSN ID: Peltz-0 | Wii U NNID: Peltz-0 | 3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
#8Sega9599Posted 8/4/2014 5:46:17 PM
Technically the E-reader meant you could create your own levels, if you knew what you were doing.

So I've heard anyway....
---
Oh, for a new 'proper' Shining Force..and a new Panel de Pon game and a new english release of Puyo Puyo....
#9AkaneJonesPosted 8/4/2014 8:14:47 PM
StriderVM posted...
It's a possibility. But it's near zero chance I'm afraid.

I honestly think the chance of Simon Belmont being add to Smash has a better chance than seeing E-Reader unlocks or Support for VC because Nintendo never did any kind of adjust to their VC ever.

So like Pokemon Snap didn't support Sticker Saving instead of have to take the data to a now non-existent sticker printing station? Funny because I thought they modified the N64 game to print off the to a picture file you could actually use. Oh and there are those 3rd party games that added online.

Are you really suggesting Nintendo not offer a modified GBA SMB3 with all eReader cards unlocked as if scanned permanently? It's not even a hard edit to make, they don't need to make the emu support eReader or anything fancy like that. They just need data dumps for all eReader cards in the rom that is coded to access permanently instead of a save data file. You can do that on an emu by just having the save file with all the eCards unlocked. They only need included that data into the eWorld and prevent it from being deleted. (I believe the only issue would be including Classic SMB levels and the 2 PR levels, if you have all 30 the 2 PR levels you don't have room for the classic levels as the space was originally only 32)

The item scans won't work though. The only way to make use of those would be to change the mushroom houses. That way only one of them is need for the 3 mini-games. Make a new room with 3 doors that warps you to each game room when entered. The other two could be used for item house(randomly gives you Caped Feather, Boomerang, or 1 rare item out of 3 chests) and a Switch Palace(special toad house room that activates the cheats).

I think they could switch objects into your inventory that when used activate the cheats. That means you get a toad house that gives you Orange, Blue-Green, Blue, Yellow, Green, Cyan, or Red Switch inventory objects that when used accesses the cheat card effects. The cheats are; Orange = Fire turns enemies to coins; Blue-Green = adds vegies to all courses; Blue = 1-ups convert to 3-ups; Yellow = High Jump Luigi; Green = Slower Timer; Cyan = Quick Dash Charge; Red = Hard Mode.(They could just cut the need for yellow switch to use High Jump Luigi out of the e-world anyway, it not like 2p is normal in GBA)

The Demo Cards are unimportant, they'd require some other programming to bring them up. You can't exactly award them as items you receive from mushroom houses. Well you might be able to but I don't think there any graphic to collect objects(also I don't know if there was a limit on box programming to only 16 items(both regular Mushroom House and special exit box). Still e-Switches would just add a switch to the e-power up menu to activate at your leisure. Demo's actually required you to swipe the cards to watch them from what I know. Well I suppose they could reprogram the e-reader level to use e-coins one a mushroom shop to buy those things and e-switches instead. Making the mini-game and item house free. But more programming...
#10Mario maniacPosted 8/5/2014 1:58:36 AM(edited)
adampeltz posted...
Mario maniac posted...

Some of that stuff still wouldn't be able to be replicated even if we had SMB3's engine. They mixed attributes from SMW, SMB3, and SM2USA in making those levels. For example, you can have Cape Mario pull up turnips and throw them at Kuribo Shoe wearing Goombas. They were a blend of attributes from all of the old games, plus with new elements as well that were never in any other Mario game like the grey blocks.

Unless they let us mix elements in MM too. :p

manmouse posted...
Mario maniac posted...
I haven't looked too much into it,

some Mario maniac you are...

And I bet you make a wonderful manmouse. ;)
---
3DS FC: 5327-0923-7747
New Leaf: Adam in Animal C