1 game you think would get people buying the Wii U.

#1Goul111Posted 8/4/2014 10:48:09 AM
We already know that this is going to be a pretty good year or so for the Wii U with all the support it's finally getting. Bayonetta 2 will likely sell some consoles, Xenoblade Chronicles is gonna pull in the RPG fans and fans of the previous game, Hyrule Warriors, while not as much as some of the other games, will at least get warriors fans to buy the Wii U, which is what Nintendo is hoping for in Japan, then we have the secret weapon in Super Smash Bros. which isn't really all that secret.

However I still feel like if Nintendo really wants consoles in homes, they need at least one more game that would really make people want this system. What do you guys think that title should be? A new attention grabbing IP? A classic not seen in a while seen in a while game? A new installment into one of their regular IPs? It could be one of the already announced games, or a new game you think would be a good idea to get the ball rolling.

Personally, and I know many have already said this, but it's about time to get Pokemon back on the consoles again, and not in the form of Battle Revolution. Colosseum an XD: Gale of Darkness were 2 really popular games from my understanding, and Pokemon sells all over the world. I'm actually surprised they haven't come up with a new console rpg yet.
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#2toadiemanPosted 8/4/2014 10:49:05 AM
If anything, Smash Brothers.
---
I can't wait to bomb some dodongos
#3BaronVladzPosted 8/4/2014 10:54:32 AM
Going by how many it sold on the Wii; Mario Kart
#4DrFeelgood1984Posted 8/4/2014 10:58:26 AM
Mario Kart sold me. And I know Nintendo will come through with some incredible first party titles over the years, they always do. I skipped the Wii, but I'm on board with Wii U.
#5Goul111(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 10:58:43 AM
BaronVladz posted...

How much did it sell?
---
Sengoku Basara for the new Toonami Block, spread the word.
#6BaronVladzPosted 8/4/2014 10:59:49 AM
Goul111 posted...
BaronVladz posted...

How much did it sell?

~35 million
#7DarthLaharlPosted 8/4/2014 11:06:24 AM
Super Smash Bros vs Sega All Stars.

With 50 stages and 100 fighters between Nintendo and Sega. including Mewtwo

20 additional hidden unlockable third party characters from Capcom, Namco, Konami, Square Enix, Ubisoft, NIS, and Level 5.

No clones.

1,200 trophies.

Hundreds of remixed songs.

20 different modes and mini games.

A competent and non lackluster re-approach to the Sub Space Emmisary.

No 3DS version.

Developed by whoever is making Smash Wii U

Results? 10,000,000 Wii Us sold day one.
---
LFT: Destiny, Splatoon, Dragon Age 3, Yoshi WW, Omega Sapphire, SSB WiiU, Alien Isolation, MKX, Talesof Xillia 2/Zesteria, and Persona 5.
PSN/NNID-Unretributed
#8GiygasminionPosted 8/4/2014 11:10:44 AM
DarthLaharl posted...

That'd be amazing, but a) wildly expensive, and b) probably wouldn't sell much more than Smash anyway.
---
NN ID: Achilles11 3DS FC: 0860-3339-6889
http://backloggery.com/schamman89
#9Flare7Posted 8/4/2014 11:16:21 AM
Smash Bros, Zelda, a new Mario (preferably not a rehash)
#10JobocanPosted 8/4/2014 11:22:01 AM
Nintendo should unrelease their games. It's clear people no don't want games, the PS4 is great proof of that. So let's just stop releasing games entirely, and pull whatever stock of games that are still on store shelves.

That should help.
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My collection