Apparently GameStop will give you MOAR MONEY For trade ins.

#1locky723Posted 8/4/2014 5:41:24 PM
http://kotaku.com/gamestop-is-overhauling-trade-ins-will-offer-more-mone-1616075351

Basically they're getting rid of the 'trade in 2 games to get so and so more percentage and if you trade it in toward some game, you get even more' and just making it simpler. Yay?
#2king_maddenPosted 8/4/2014 5:43:31 PM
awesome sauce.
#3locky723(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2014 5:52:10 PM
Of course, this will be bad for some reason<.<
#4y000012500Posted 8/4/2014 10:46:42 PM
How do I talk about this with the customer?

The key point for this to work is the team member knowing what to say and how it resonates with the customer.

Piggy backing on how you engage a customer about the change use the following as possible talking points during the greet, floor or cash wrap touch points.

Then the team member says- "have you heard that cash isn't the only way to pay here at GameStop?" More than likely the customer will look puzzled and then the team members say- "When is the last time you sold us anything?" Or "when is the last time we bought anything from you?" This is the opportunity to educate the customer that their items sitting at home are worth currency that can be spent in your store. Keep in mind that 2/3 of our customers don't understand what "Trade In" means.

The main opportunity is to have the customer leave with the last thing on their mind being that what they have at home, sitting around possibly collecting dust is worth currency-VALUE- in our stores. During the last interaction either on the floor or at the cash wrap, the team member needs to say- "Thank you for coming in today, don't forget that cash isn't the only way to pay." If the customer paid with a credit card they will more than likely look and ask what? The team member responds with "when is the last time we bought some of your items?" Or "when is the last time you sold us something?" Getting the customer to remember the last thing they hear from your team member is that what they have at home can be used as currency to buy goods in your store is the biggest take away.

What is this, 2001?
#5king_maddenPosted 8/4/2014 10:56:26 PM
^the majority dont frequent gaming boards, sites, and things like that. Ive been in gamestop a few times, when they tell the person they accept trade ins, and the person had no idea. from young people to young adults.

people here dont seem to realize they are the minority.
#6Wii_TruthPosted 8/4/2014 11:01:42 PM
This is an improvement. I guess all that incessant b****ing finally paid off!
---
But...but..bu...Nintendo built a new building!
#7darkphiresagePosted 8/4/2014 11:17:27 PM(edited)
I sincerely hope this doesn't also mean the end of all trade in bonuses. Getting rid of a bunch of 1 and done ps2/3/360 games with 50% extra trade in value had me paying $160 total for my ps4. I only wait for deals like that to trade s*** in. If most customers were doing the same, I could see the incentive to get rid of those programs.

Edit: also, they're completely out of touch. That, "new ways to inform customers about trade ins", section sounds annoying as f***. I'm glad the employees at my GS recognize me on sight.
---
"Dat b**** crazy."
"Ya, b****** be trippin." - every guy ever and his best friend at some point in life.
#8QuestionmarktariusPosted 8/5/2014 7:44:27 AM
locky723 posted...

ummm.... instead of paying $20 for a game released two weeks ago and selling it used for $55, now they'll pay $22 and sell it at $57?
#9burningxbridgesPosted 8/5/2014 7:49:17 AM
This is terrible. The only reason to go into a Gamestop was if they were having some sort of trade-in deal that was easy to take advantage of. Oh well.
#10king_maddenPosted 8/5/2014 8:11:08 AM
Questionmarktarius posted...
locky723 posted...

ummm.... instead of paying $20 for a game released two weeks ago and selling it used for $55, now they'll pay $22 and sell it at $57?

It will be on sale for $57, doesn't mean they will sell it. That's the point a lot of people don't seem to grasp. When I get things I'm planning on reselling I pay less and sell for more. With them its a loss unless it sales, and I'm sire you've seen the tons of used games on their shelf not selling.

But I understand you probably expect $45-$50, (even though you can easily get $40 or so with their deals), but yea.