Apparently GameStop will give you MOAR MONEY For trade ins.

#11Puckswack12Posted 8/5/2014 7:14:00 AM
burningxbridges posted...
This is terrible. The only reason to go into a Gamestop was if they were having some sort of trade-in deal that was easy to take advantage of. Oh well.

This and it was still better to go through ebay and get actual money.
---
Yup
#12TomoEK9Posted 8/5/2014 7:14:58 AM
locky723 posted...
Of course, this will be bad for some reason<.<

Well of course they are only adjusting it so its only towards specific games rather than just giving you credit in general. Want to trade towards a specific game because its on sale or rare?

Nope sorry, extra credit only goes towards the new releases of the month.
#13TomoEK9Posted 8/5/2014 7:15:01 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#14QuestionmarktariusPosted 8/5/2014 8:04:46 AM
king_madden posted...
But I understand you probably expect $45-$50, (even though you can easily get $40 or so with their deals), but yea.
No, I expect the price sticker on the used games to be about $45. The 8.3% "used discount" doesn't even cover sales tax in most places.
It will be on sale for $57, doesn't mean they will sell it. That's the point a lot of people don't seem to grasp. When I get things I'm planning on reselling I pay less and sell for more. With them its a loss unless it sales, and I'm sire you've seen the tons of used games on their shelf not selling.
Because, anyone who pays $55 for used when new is $60 is just a sucker.
Quite frankly, anyone will be financially ruined by spending another five dollars needs to reconsider his choice of hobby.
#15king_maddenPosted 8/5/2014 8:14:03 AM
Questionmarktarius posted...
king_madden posted...
But I understand you probably expect $45-$50, (even though you can easily get $40 or so with their deals), but yea.
No, I expect the price sticker on the used games to be about $45. The 8.3% "used discount" doesn't even cover sales tax in most places.
It will be on sale for $57, doesn't mean they will sell it. That's the point a lot of people don't seem to grasp. When I get things I'm planning on reselling I pay less and sell for more. With them its a loss unless it sales, and I'm sire you've seen the tons of used games on their shelf not selling.
Because, anyone who pays $55 for used when new is $60 is just a sucker.
Quite frankly, anyone will be financially ruined by spending another five dollars needs to reconsider his choice of hobby.

Why would they be $15 cheaper? You are getting the exact same experience as someone who bought it new, what justifies the $15 difference? As a consumer I can understand just wanting everything cheaper. But if I buy a used game, and you buy that same game new, there will be no difference. They are meant to try to entice people to buy new games with the $5 difference, but the thing is spending $55 gives you the ability to take it back if you don't like it.

You can find any new games within the first week used, what's the incentive to buy new day 1 if you can wait a couple days and save $15 for the exact same thing? That's a big difference.

The majority doesn't have a big problem with used games like the minority does, you say why buy used over new, but I'm saving $5 just to get an opened version of what you're playing. You spend $5 extra for plastic wrap and you call used game buyers suckers?
#16QuestionmarktariusPosted 8/5/2014 8:22:17 AM
king_madden posted...
You spend $5 extra for plastic wrap and you call used game buyers suckers?

Yes.
That $5 also gets me a manual (assuming there even is one anymore), whatever "online pass" gimmick everyone's using now, any given preorder swag, and a disc that has minimal chance of being abused or reeking of cigarettes.

...or, I'll just wait six months and buy the game for $20-30.
#17king_maddenPosted 8/5/2014 8:47:38 AM
Questionmarktarius posted...
king_madden posted...
You spend $5 extra for plastic wrap and you call used game buyers suckers?

Yes.
That $5 also gets me a manual (assuming there even is one anymore), whatever "online pass" gimmick everyone's using now, any given preorder swag, and a disc that has minimal chance of being abused or reeking of cigarettes.

...or, I'll just wait six months and buy the game for $20-30.

Manuals tend to be there in newer used games, there are no online passes, and most preorder bonuses have to be preordered. We were just talking me game vs. Used game. Not new game with preorder bonuses attached. But either way if you have no interest in them it doesn't matter.

In 6 months there's going to be a ton more games I want to play by then, as well as a reduced online community. I can just pay $55, play it, and if it sucks I'll get my money back, or resell it 6 months later for 20-30.