Has there ever been a "game over" sequence that scared you as a child?

#61Richardthe3rdPosted 8/7/2014 11:27:51 AM
"E.T. Phone Home" on the Atari.

(Different from the infamous landfill game, still terrible.)

If you lost, you were treated to a screen with a poorly drawn, terrifying picture of ET frowning.

If that weren't enough, this was one of the first home console games that included an attempt at voice replication. So on this screen, they attempted to create the sound of ET "crying" and yelling "phone home." It sounded more like golem gargling metal shards.

Needless to say, it permanently scarred me and inspired a lasting terror of anything that had to do with extra-terrestrials for lost of my pre-adolescent life. I still remember it.
---
Nintendo: Want me to buy a WiiU?
MAKE A NEW F-ZERO
#62InfinityOver0Posted 8/7/2014 5:25:12 PM
i always thought the chrono trigger one was good. to me it added a level of immersion that if i die before i can finish the story, then everything ive done up to that point just wasnt enough... and the future refused to change
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#63AnselaFanPosted 8/7/2014 7:08:35 PM
InfinityOver0 posted...
i always thought the chrono trigger one was good. to me it added a level of immersion that if i die before i can finish the story, then everything ive done up to that point just wasnt enough... and the future refused to change

I hate you! Why did you make me remember that!

I don't really hate you BTW.
#64TimeinpicturesPosted 8/7/2014 8:16:29 PM
ghostbusters 2 on the nes, gave my nightmares nightmares
---
xbl: GannyDlover
SoulSilver FC: 1377 0017 5582
#65ZebuFrenzy(Topic Creator)Posted 8/9/2014 11:45:58 AM
AnselaFan posted...
Castlevania Sotns music still scares me to this day but never thought much of the screen however the sisters game over in PoR gave me sleepless knights!

Is that the one with the girl bleeding out of her eyes? That one was creepy! It caught me by surprise on my first game over with the sisters.

...by the way, you spelled "nights" wrong. Just thought I'd say. *heh*
#66AnselaFanPosted 8/10/2014 2:05:06 PM(edited)
ZebuFrenzy posted...
AnselaFan posted...
Castlevania Sotns music still scares me to this day but never thought much of the screen however the sisters game over in PoR gave me sleepless knights!

Is that the one with the girl bleeding out of her eyes? That one was creepy! It caught me by surprise on my first game over with the sisters.

...by the way, you spelled "nights" wrong. Just thought I'd say. *heh*

Oops typo! Yeah that was it. Sisters mode was kinda boring for me since it was really hard to die so I was like eh I'll just get killed so I did and well... Didn't get much sleep that night.
#67DiscostewSMPosted 8/10/2014 2:24:41 PM
The heartbeat from Populous beating faster and faster before a game over used to drive my sister to a point of fainting when she was younger.
---
http://lazerlight.x10.mx/ - Lazer Light Studios - Home of the MM2 PTC project
#68KCJ5062Posted 8/10/2014 2:26:52 PM
There's one particular game over in The Adventures Of Willy Beamish that kinda gave me the creeps. The one with the vampire babysitter.
#69ssj5goku2005Posted 8/10/2014 10:26:54 PM
Sonic Adventure's game over screen

It was just a blank screen with Game Over on it...but the music was terrifying to 6-year old me
---
not changing this sig until i feel like it - started 6.23.2009
#70AvirosbPosted 8/10/2014 10:28:47 PM
Scared no, but I didn't like the game overs in HoMM 2, 3 and...Theme Hospital for some reason.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.