face it guys, Nintendo deserves to lose the console wars (long read - sorry)

#1nijos00700Posted 8/5/2014 7:56:53 AM
Own a Wii U, got to say that after 1 months ownership, this console is a total failure.

After the Wii's massive sales success, how do Ninty find themselves in this position?

Fist of all, we all know that massive amount of little kids helped push the sales of the Wii. Also consoles was designed to be played by all ages, with simple Wii remote controls. So Ninty decide to bundle the new console, without an upgraded take on the Wii remotes and instead create a pad that for anyone under 10 is quite big and awkward.

Then the pad itself turns out to be junk, played Zombi U, and thought looking at the pad almost all the time, as well as looking at the screen, to be most annoying. Then I find out this is one of the pads better usage!!

If Ninty wanted to ditch the remotes, why not give a proper control pad. Along with the HD graphics, this was all you need to sell. This may many third parties would still develop. Instead were stuck with this pad. Sure there are add on pads, but they should have come as standard.

Pads only saving grace is that it switches to a handheld. Great but I don't look at my Xbox and think, oh let my play it on a smaller screen with no range, and a small battery. Nintendo should at least have made it portable, even if restricted to a flash card HD.

People defend the delay between games, saying its always been this way. Well even though that's only kinda true, time moves on. Most games have become like DVD's in the 90's. People want new ones every week, and also want a collection.

Also we used to wait ages for a Ninty game, but mostly these delivered. (N64, Cube) Now we still wait ages and the games are paint by numbers safe with barely any additional content from the previous version.

Mario kart came and went, most people like me unlocked everything real quick (weeks), were disgusted at lack of modes (no mission mode, and nurfed TT mode), and awaited a patch that never came. After a few races online it was apparent that something was wrong, powers unbalanced, the gap between 1st and the rest, and general feeling that this game plays too safe and added nothing. Those blue grav bits were hyped up by all media, but in truth after a few races, really made no difference.

But for me its Nitys lack of embracing online that kills it. Most PS / Xbox games had leaderboards 6 years ago (and before). I play New Super Mario bros, thought meh. Then I found the delightful challenge mode. Sunk 2 hours in this awesome mode, improving my times. Go to look at my times on the leaderboard and there aint ever a leaderboard!!!! what is this 1990? I mean this is a 1st party Nintendo game, its like they don't even care about these things, just here's the game now play it.

And the online crisis spreads to nearly every game!!! even those that do have decent online, have at least so features missing. (voice, party, co-op etc...). People are now defending Hyrule Warriors decision to exclude it. Yeah sure I mean my main gaming buddie lives 50 miles away, why would we need online co-op. Not to mention I'm 34 with a family, and get to escapes with mates in games for around 2-3 hours an evening. Co-op should be standard, as it has in many warriors games for many years!!

Also Mario Maker, if that does come out without online sharing, what's the point? I am hoping that as Smash Bros is already finished and Ninty are severely polishing, that this game will be an exception.

Now Amiibo, another way of Nintendo failing to address there failings and make as much money as possible. maybe during there pitch they suggested the projected figures if they could lure kids in and milk them and they all high fived. Who wanted this???

I'm 34, been gaming b4 most of u were born and have owned all Nintendo consoles, but this is the worst in terms of wasted potential and a total lack of online features.
---
That's my bike punk!!!
#2teh1337gosuPosted 8/5/2014 8:01:06 AM
Tldr: Nintendo sucks at online and online is very important to me1!!

Wiiu has excellent exclusives, check gamerankings. If you aren't interested then sell it.
---
How do you make that alcoholic chicken anyway?
#3nijos00700(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 8:01:11 AM
didn't even mention the virtual console / separate wii mode (just play disc already) / cant play dvds.

But let me get this straight. It aint the console, in the right hands, this could be amazing, its nintendos lack of embracing new tech and strangley, new ideas
---
That's my bike punk!!!
#4pillsburyboy22Posted 8/5/2014 8:03:28 AM(edited)
Console wars don't exist.

Nintendo is doing fine. If you don't like the console, sell it.
#5nijos00700(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 8:01:59 AM
what excellent exclusives? name them

I'll give you Mario 3D land
---
That's my bike punk!!!
#6nijos00700(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 8:02:36 AM
console wars only exist in the Ninty boardroom
---
That's my bike punk!!!
#7Flare7Posted 8/5/2014 8:03:29 AM
nijos00700 posted...
console wars only exist in the Ninty boardroom

You're the one that created a thread with console wars in the title
---
Currently playing: King's Field: The Ancient City
#8nijos00700(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 8:03:44 AM
sorry I have had the console 3 months not 1 month.
---
That's my bike punk!!!
#9AhnoldDoodPosted 8/5/2014 8:03:54 AM
nijos00700 posted...
its nintendos lack of embracing new tech and strangley, new ideas

Kid saying that they should just do what everyone else is doing whines that Nintendo is not making new ideas.

Now Amiibo, another way of Nintendo failing to address there failings and make as much money as possible.

Making money is a bad idea because derp.
---
http://jp7.r0tt.com/l_b29b5cc0-d1af-11e1-a806-4f908e000007.jpg
#10simpsons403Posted 8/5/2014 8:04:51 AM
Got my Wii U 1 month ago and it's been one of my favorites. Funny how different people are. If you want an idea of what I've been playing, I own these:

Nintendo Land
Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze
Mario Kart 8
Rayman Legends
Darksiders II
Pikmin 3
Need For Speed Most Wanted U
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD

And plan on purchasing these:
Lego Marvel Super Heroes