My reaction to the Hyrule Warriors Direct.

#1SegavsCapcomPosted 8/5/2014 7:58:33 AM
To be honest, not much surprised me. I guess that's because I've been keeping up with the game's development. However, I still liked the Direct.

-Zant and Ganondorf are playable. Yes please!
-Character progression looks like a neat addition to the Warriors universe.
-Adventure mode looks like a lot of fun. Reminds me of Conquest mode from Dynasty Warriors 7.
-The Moon is now weaponized.
-Cuccos can be your allies. That is hilarious.

Overall, I am pleased with the direction Hyrule Warriors is taking.
---
My sig will never happen, but it would be awesome if it did.
3DS FC: 1306-5920-0665 _PSN: SegavsCapcom_ Steam: SegavsCapcom_NNID: SegavsCapcom
#2random_man9119Posted 8/5/2014 8:51:46 AM
SegavsCapcom
-Character progression looks like a neat addition to the Warriors universe.

I agree that this was a neat surprise... Definitely adds more depth than just the normal leveling...

Adventure mode looks like a lot of fun. Reminds me of Conquest mode from Dynasty Warriors 7.

I like the classic Zelda look of it... Also how much variety there seems to e in the challenges themselves...

-Cuccos can be your allies. That is hilarious.

With the Deku Spear and the Summoning Gate... Lana might be my current favorite character...
---
NNID:MrOddities|SteamID:Mr.Oddities
Currently playing:Skyrim,Borderlands 2,Dragon Quest IX,Moemon Emerald,Awesomenauts,Guacamelee!STCE,Shovel Knight,Fallout3
#3mhunterchumpPosted 8/5/2014 8:57:54 AM
No online multiplayer, only couch co-op has killed it for me. Sad part of it is that the Dynasty warriors had online so nintendo purposely removed it.

Seriously Nintendo, it's 2014, wake up.
---
PSN/Xbox One: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump
#4Pokerkid777Posted 8/5/2014 9:00:49 AM
mhunterchump posted...
No online multiplayer, only couch co-op has killed it for me. Sad part of it is that the Dynasty warriors had online so nintendo purposely removed it.

Be glad it is, Nintendo is telling you to get off your ass and make some real friends for once.
---
Tennis is the sport for gods I tell you. MOTHER****ING GODS!
#5SyCo_VeNoMPosted 8/5/2014 9:01:40 AM
mhunterchump posted...
No online multiplayer, only couch co-op has killed it for me. Sad part of it is that the Dynasty warriors had online so Tecmo Koei Games purposely removed it.

Seriously Tecmo Koei Games, it's 2014, wake up.

Fixed
#6dunkisPosted 8/5/2014 9:04:05 AM
I dunno, I kinda accepted the Wii U isn't an online console and really only use it when I'm hanging out with my friends in person. It's a shame it doesn't have online, but I won't miss it. Sad but true.
---
NNID: TheDunc | Steam: Sir Soyeldimzelf
#7mahboiPosted 8/5/2014 9:06:22 AM
Pokerkid777 posted...
mhunterchump posted...

Be glad it is, Nintendo is telling you to get off your ass and make some real friends for once.

Are you serious? I don't care too much whether there's online or not, but taking away a function that's totally optional is not a good thing.

And what if he has "real friends" that don't like the same games as him? I barely ever get the chance to play local multiplayer in anything besides Smash Bros.
---
E means "Everyone", not "Eleven and under". Agrees: 71
I believe in Jesus Christ as my Savior, and am proud of it.
#8GodofLazinessPosted 8/5/2014 9:06:41 AM
I just saw the Direct earlier today and loved it. Zant Ghiriham and freaking badass Ganondorf all playable? YES YES YES.
---
5 Things destroying humanity; money, politicians, journalists, drugs and religion.
#9Puckswack12Posted 8/5/2014 9:07:42 AM
Online would have been a really nice addition I this game. Idk if its a deal breaker, but it is a major downer.
---
Yup
#10mhunterchumpPosted 8/5/2014 9:48:38 AM
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
mhunterchump posted...
No online multiplayer, only couch co-op has killed it for me. Sad part of it is that the Dynasty warriors had online so Tecmo Koei Games purposely removed it.

Seriously Tecmo Koei Games, it's 2014, wake up.

Fixed

Yeah, you keep thinking it wasn't Nintendo that made that decision. You need to wake up also then.
---
PSN/Xbox One: mhunterchump ------- Wii U: mhunterARK
twitter.com/MhunterCHUMP youtube.com/mhunterchump