[Poll] Are you still shocked when a 3rd party game doesn't have a Wii U version?

#11RogueStatus28Posted 8/5/2014 11:47:21 AM
Da_Geek posted...
The Wii U is more of a secondary console. That said, I play it far more than my PS4.

Not an secondary console at the moment, finding myself playing Mario Kart 8, DKC Tropical Freeze, Shovel Knight MUCH MORE than Second Son and Tomb Raider… With Smash, Hyrule Warriors, and Bayonetta coming out, I can also see myself playing those much more over Dragon Age and Evil Within.

With the amount of Wii U specific games, backwards compatibility, and the VC, it's my primary but to each his own.
#12Final Fantasy2389Posted 8/5/2014 12:21:15 PM
No.
But I still get a bit mad when a game will be on PS360 but no Wii U version.
---
http://bit.ly/YH0AmG | http://bit.ly/1bZZw6k
#13NintendoLover25Posted 8/5/2014 12:43:50 PM
No, I understand companies want to make money and they know people won't buy their games on Wii U.
#14InfinityOver0Posted 8/5/2014 2:16:59 PM
idk if i would say im truly shocked but to put things in perspective, the wii u has a bigger install base than the x1, so wtf devs? (yes, i know it's easier to port from ps4 to x1 than from wii u to anything else)
---
Hoping for a Cosmos season 2
#15Granadico_Posted 8/5/2014 2:18:26 PM
InfinityOver0 posted...
idk if i would say im truly shocked but to put things in perspective, the wii u has a bigger install base than the x1, so wtf devs? (yes, i know it's easier to port from ps4 to x1 than from wii u to anything else)

The twins thrive on third party, while Nintendo thrives on first party, so the sales difference is enoguh
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#16EoinPosted 8/5/2014 10:28:55 PM
InfinityOver0 posted...

It's not only that it's easier to port to Xbox One (although this is a factor). It's also that the Xbox One, despite having a smaller userbase, actually has a bigger and more active userbase for third party games. As a quick example: Ubisoft give per-platform market share figures for their own games in their financial reports. Combined with their revenue reports, we can tell that the Xbox One, in April/May/June of this year, contributed more in sales to Ubisoft than the Wii U has in its entire lifetime.

It doesn't help when Nintendo pull things like giving away a free game with MK8. Console owners tend to buy two or three games per year. For very many Wii U owners, game 1 will be MK8 and game 2 will be the game that they got free with it. Game 3 is very likely to be SSB. Including that free game was the right thing to do in terms of driving hardware sales, but third parties will all have gotten the impression that much of the Wii U market for them, this year, was effectively closed.

Another thing that should be remembered is that although more people own the Wii U, a high percentage of those sales are Japanese sales. These are not the usual target market for non-Japanese developers, whose games typically sell very badly in Japan if they even bother to release them. Remove those Japanese sales and you'll find that the Wii U and Xbox One are much more evenly balanced.
#17Mandrew257Posted 8/5/2014 10:33:24 PM
Da_Geek posted...
The Wii U is more of a secondary console. That said, I play it far more than my PS4.

---
Even if Roy doesn't make it into the next Smash bros, Roy's still our boy.
PSN/NNID: Mandrew257. Feel free to add me :)
#18jairusmonillasPosted 8/5/2014 10:34:45 PM
Snes is the last nintendo console that had a decent 3rd party support.
---
PS4 GPU: 1152 GCN, 1.84 TFLOPS, 72 TMUs, 32 ROPs, 8GB gDDR5
XB1 GPU :: 768 GCN, 1.31 TFLOPS, 48 TMUs, 16 ROPs, 8GB DDR3+eSRAM
#19NathanmgPosted 8/6/2014 1:48:46 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Snes is the last nintendo console that had a decent 3rd party support.

Basically this, I've not expected 3rd party titles on Nintendo consoles for ages, granted I'll buy ones that do come out and are worth buying but those are usually exclusives, very rarely will I get a multiplatform game for them.
#20AvirosbPosted 8/6/2014 1:53:53 AM
Most of those games have PC versions I have little interest in.
Still, not really.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.