What do you think Sheik's gender is?

#21terrancejonesPosted 8/5/2014 3:37:28 PM
If Cloud can pull off the look to look like a female, then yes. It's not what's underneath that matters, it's the illusion that gets the job done.

In short, Zelda pulled off the look to be a male, in my opinion. Whether she actually is or isn't male doesn't matter so much to me, just like how Cloud looked female to save the girls.
---
3DS Friend Code: 5327-0996-6757 Water FS: Panpour, Quagsire, Frogadier
#22FayeLadyPosted 8/5/2014 3:38:03 PM
Male. Its magic.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#23ElectricMolePosted 8/5/2014 3:50:22 PM
HINT: The Legend of Shiek
---
NinNetID: ElectricMole, 3DS: 2406-6466-8802
http://psnprofiles.com/kronekodow7188, Live:RichiJihen
#24IokuaPosted 8/5/2014 3:52:15 PM
It's not magic and no canonical source has ever stated it to be that way. Nintendo's stance is, and always has been, that Sheik is Zelda in disguise.
---
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.
#25HayashiTakaraPosted 8/5/2014 3:55:37 PM
Iokua posted...
It's not magic and no canonical source has ever stated it to be that way. Nintendo's stance is, and always has been, that Sheik is Zelda in disguise.
#26HayashiTakaraPosted 8/5/2014 3:56:16 PM
I see some are mad that the direct today just spoiled that Sheik is Zelda, too bad, no sausage for you.
#27ThunderSeal(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 3:57:30 PM
HayashiTakara posted...
I see some are mad that the direct today just spoiled that Sheik is Zelda, too bad, no sausage for you.

Who doesn't know that?
---
Free Palestine! End Israeli oppression!
#28BurgerTime79Posted 8/5/2014 4:08:37 PM
*Sigh*
This argument again. It's the same as Leia in the bounty hunter disguise in Return of the Jedi.

Leia is female.
The bounty hunter, Boushh, is male.
Leia disguised as Boushh is still Leia, but people think she's Boushh.

Zelda is female
Sheik (the person she's disguised as) is male.
Zelda disguised as Sheik is still Zelda, but people think she's Sheik.

To ask what Sheik's gender is, is a loaded question. You're either asking the gender of the actual person named Sheik, or asking people to correctly identify the person who's in the disguise.
---
Classic Gaming Expo _ Sept 12-14 Riviera Hotel in Las Vegas
#29Dark_AbaddonPosted 8/5/2014 4:15:16 PM
technically speaking, gender and sex are completely unrelated, so saying Sheik's gender is male would be correct despite Sheik's sex being female.
---
3DS: 1633-4342-9490 (Ivysaur, Tangela, Quilladin) (Caine @ Corona)
NNID: HardCor PM me if you add me for friend safari
#30RobotPirteGhostPosted 8/5/2014 4:16:50 PM
I've said it hundreds of times: Sheik isn't a person, but a character. The character is portrayed as a male even though he's being played by a woman.

Of course this only holds true to Ocarina of Time. In other works (SSB and Hyrule Warriors) Zelda will still disguise as Sheik, but does not portray the character as a male.

So technically the answer is both.
---
RIP City of Heroes and Paragon Studios - Killed by NCsoft.
Not changing this line until Dimitri, Moosh, and Ricky appear in another LOZ game (7/20/09)