Yoshi's real name is T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas

#1SonytendoPosted 8/5/2014 5:31:31 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/5/5972989/yoshis-real-name-revealed-super-mario-world

That bit of surprising trivia comes courtesy of a Nintendo Character Guide published in 1993, from which Blake Harris, the author of Console Wars, has been posting to his Twitter account today. The guide provides a bio for Mr. Munchakoopas, which explains his relationship to Mario.

Yoshi, properly known as T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas, had been held captive in an egg until Mario (homo nintendonus) bopped along and rescued him. Instantly, the young dinosaur and the plumber became fast friends. Together, they set out to rescue Yoshi's dinosaur pals from the wickedness of Bowser.

Mario lore is so deep.
#2CSplitterPosted 8/5/2014 5:33:54 PM
7/10 name.

Munchakoopus would be better.
---
http://i.imgur.com/8t1rzi1.gif
#3VidgmchtrPosted 8/5/2014 5:37:19 PM
I do recall in one episode of the cartoon, he was referred to as "Yoshisaur"...
#4ThaxagoodnamePosted 8/5/2014 5:42:59 PM
My life is now complete
---
#IFightForMyFriends
IGN: Bell FC: 0344-9828-2704
#5Sonytendo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 5:44:03 PM
Vidgmchtr posted...
I do recall in one episode of the cartoon, he was referred to as "Yoshisaur"...

Have they ever referred to Mario as a Homo Nintendonus? I can feel Mariowiki being edited as we speak. As if millions of pages suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly altered.
#6VidgmchtrPosted 8/5/2014 6:00:54 PM
Sonytendo posted...
Have they ever referred to Mario as a Homo Nintendonus? I can feel Mariowiki being edited as we speak. As if millions of pages suddenly cried out in terror, and were suddenly altered.

Not that I know of.
#7Felix6464Posted 8/5/2014 6:11:51 PM
If Mario's from new york, yet isn't technically human, could that mean that Mario/Luigi's actually humanity's next evolutionary step?

Well, either that, or there's a racist joke here somewhere...
---
ElectricMole posted...
Yoshi's wooly world needs a trim or a bikini waxing.
#8Sirian_HawkPosted 8/5/2014 6:12:46 PM
But now the question is... what does th "T" stand for?
---
Life's not "too short". We just waste most of the time we're given.
#9Sonytendo(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 6:19:06 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...

Tyrannosaurus maybe? Yoshi is actually a ruthless tyrant king of the lizards until Bowser comes in and liberates the island trying to spread freedom to Turtles and Dinosaurs everywhere. Mario and Luigi then conquer and hand the island back over to Mr. Munchakoopas.

Felix6464 posted...
If Mario's from new york, yet isn't technically human, could that mean that Mario/Luigi's actually humanity's next evolutionary step?

Well, either that, or there's a racist joke here somewhere...

Based on NoA's recent decisions do you really think Nintendo considers Americans human beings?
#10toadiemanPosted 8/5/2014 6:22:06 PM
Sirian_Hawk posted...

Tyrone
---
I can't wait to bomb some dodongos