Hyrule Warriors online stuff finally revealed.

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Hyrule Warriors online stuff finally revealed.
11 months ago#31
yeti44 posted...
R_Hunter posted...
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Considering I have no interest in this game, am I the only person who thinks this feature is neat? lol.

No I do as well.

It sounds better than standard inline co op that's for sure...

No it does not
11 months ago#32
Mandrew257 posted...
I see they still didn't change that ridiculous villain character design.

Worst possible aspect of the game. Completely ignoring it in favor of this:
http://www.zeldadungeon.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/25-640x360.jpg
11 months ago#33
Its essentially co op with the computer who mimics your friend which is definitely not as fun as actually playing with your friend
11 months ago#34
I'm going to be playing this with a friend in local multiplayer anyway, so the lack of online doesn't affect me and I'm still excited for the game. I understand why others would be disappointed though.
11 months ago#35
yeti44 posted...
donkeyjack posted...
yeti44 posted...
Nintendo has always been about LOCAL co op so I really don't see how this is a negative at all.

I'd rather not listen to some 13 year old kid swearing on the mic and calling me a f**.

How do you defend this? Like really?

Because online co op is an inferior experience for this kind of game. I didn't think it was hard to understand...

Mmmmm that can easily be argued. Split screen warriors games = tons of pop ins and invisible enemies galore. next gen dw8 is the only warriors game thus far that hasnt suffered from this
11 months ago#36
yeti44 posted...
R_Hunter posted...
Pink_a_Dink posted...
Considering I have no interest in this game, am I the only person who thinks this feature is neat? lol.

No I do as well.

It sounds better than standard inline co op that's for sure...

You're not funny. Get a life loser. And I'm not talking to "yeti44", I'm talking about the person behind the parody account.
---
"I'm going to shave...too"-Mitch Hedberg
R.I.P Mitch Hedberg (1968-2005)
11 months ago#37
Online for Warriors games never worked well. Out of sync attacks and deaths. Besides, online was never necessary for the series.
---
Sheik is the love-child of Hanzo Hattori and Cai Wenji.
3DS: 0001-3636-3718 | NNID/PSN: Rwokkefeller
11 months ago#38
Why are people comparing this to Dark Souls? Did you guys even read the article? It merely summons an AI Link based on other people's data.
11 months ago#39
TheIastspartan posted...
Why are people comparing this to Dark Souls? Did you guys even read the article? It merely summons an AI Link based on other people's data.

^ That was my reaction. Nothing like Dark Souls, so I fail to see how people are comparing it to that. Just sounds like they had never played a Souls game before or just didn't read the article.

It's more like Dragon's Dogma pawn system, but even then it wouldn't have the customization options that Dogma had so it ends up much less interesting since it's not something you can play dress-up with to send off to other players.
---
The HUD...
...placed conveniently on the Wii U gamepad. - TreeFall Studios on The Letter
11 months ago#40
NovaLevossida posted...
TheIastspartan posted...

^ That was my reaction. Nothing like Dark Souls, so I fail to see how people are comparing it to that. Just sounds like they had never played a Souls game before or just didn't read the article.

It's more like Dragon's Dogma pawn system, but even then it wouldn't have the customization options that Dogma had so it ends up much less interesting since it's not something you can play dress-up with to send off to other players.

Easy, i read the part:

“The Adventure Mode features a ‘Network Link’ feature. This allows you to add a ‘Link’ to your maps whose level is based on other users’ play data. If you come to this Link’s aid and fight alongside him, you’ll get access to special bonuses.”

And assumed it was like Dark Souls where people could summon White Phantoms or whatever they were to help you in fights. Though i never actually used it in DS1.
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Hyrule Warriors online stuff finally revealed.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived