Hyrule Warriors online stuff finally revealed.

#41TheIastspartanPosted 8/5/2014 8:15:02 PM(edited)
PS4Warrior posted...
NovaLevossida posted...
TheIastspartan posted...
Why are people comparing this to Dark Souls? Did you guys even read the article? It merely summons an AI Link based on other people's data.

^ That was my reaction. Nothing like Dark Souls, so I fail to see how people are comparing it to that. Just sounds like they had never played a Souls game before or just didn't read the article.

It's more like Dragon's Dogma pawn system, but even then it wouldn't have the customization options that Dogma had so it ends up much less interesting since it's not something you can play dress-up with to send off to other players.

Easy, i read the part:

“The Adventure Mode features a ‘Network Link’ feature. This allows you to add a ‘Link’ to your maps whose level is based on other users’ play data. If you come to this Link’s aid and fight alongside him, you’ll get access to special bonuses.”

And assumed it was like Dark Souls where people could summon White Phantoms or whatever they were to help you in fights. Though i never actually used it in DS1.

When you summon a phantom in DS, it's actually a real player(except for the ai summons obviously).

This is just an ai character with stats from another player.
#42Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 8/5/2014 8:26:13 PM
A Nintendo game with a barely there online component instead of a full featured online system? Who woulda thunk it?
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17oodar3kvfbjjpg/original.jpg
#43Ritster21Posted 8/5/2014 8:27:07 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...
A Nintendo game with a barely there online component instead of a full featured online system? Who woulda thunk it?

Exactly.
---
FC is 4038-6283-8425
#44Baha05Posted 8/5/2014 8:33:21 PM
Ritster21 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Exactly.

Except that again they HAVE titles with online features. Try harder.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#45Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 8/5/2014 8:34:40 PM
Baha05 posted...
Ritster21 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Exactly.

Who said that they didn't? Try to defend Nintendo harder.
---
If you disagree with the views expressed in this post, feel free to put me on ignore.
#46R_HunterPosted 8/5/2014 8:34:43 PM
Baha05 posted...
Ritster21 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Exactly.

I've realized that we need to stop feeding him.
---
NNID: EclipseHunter 3DS FC: 1719-4517-0303
All lives begin in fecklessness, and all so end.~KMAnsem
#47Baha05Posted 8/5/2014 8:35:45 PM
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

The way people are posting a lot forget that Nintendo has titles with online game modes.
---
""All of you that think Bayo in Peach's dress is the first game are either fools or really the most ignorant fanboys alive." SSJ4CHRIS
#48Nice_Kirbyfan9Posted 8/5/2014 8:36:55 PM
Baha05 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

The way people are posting a lot forget that Nintendo has titles with online game modes.

Then go quote those people, instead of quoting me.
---
#49PS4WarriorPosted 8/5/2014 8:37:16 PM
Baha05 posted...
Ritster21 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

Exactly.

They have safe games with online features yes, MK and Smash. Though games that could easily use it like SM3DWorld, Marty Party still lack it. One of the main selling points that the WIi U has above the competition is its use of Free Online, If nintendo fully used it with their titles it could help make the Wii U more of a name.
#50Ritster21Posted 8/5/2014 8:37:31 PM
Baha05 posted...
Nice_Kirbyfan9 posted...

No, we remember.

It is just a lot more often than not, Nintendo games barely have online or no online.

A Nintendo game having online is a small miracle.
---
FC is 4038-6283-8425