Hyrule Warriors online stuff finally revealed.

#81king_maddenPosted 8/6/2014 1:49:18 AM
He said no online co-op number one, which doesn't rule out any other kind of online. He also says he didn't expect it, which doesn't mean no other game has it, just means it doesn't happen often enough to expect it.

If I say I don't expect a team to win because of a coaches incompetence, it doesn't mean they have never won or that they never will win, it just means its not expected.

You are taking the way YOU interpreted what he meant as fact, even though it can clearly be interpreted in other ways, so what makes your view fact?

You say he shouldve said most games, but he didn't clarify any number of games, he mentioned Nintendo incompetent as a company, and then named one game. No where in there is a statement that groups all Nintendo games.

Now if he would've said "due to Nintendo's incompetence I don't expect any Nintendo games to have online co-op", then I would agree with you. But he mentioned one game, mentioned Nintendo as a company and said expected, none of that equals " all Nintendo games have no online"
#82Snow-DustPosted 8/6/2014 2:28:51 AM
king_madden posted...
He said no online co-op number one, which doesn't rule out any other kind of online. He also says he didn't expect it, which doesn't mean no other game has it, just means it doesn't happen often enough to expect it.

If I say I don't expect a team to win because of a coaches incompetence, it doesn't mean they have never won or that they never will win, it just means its not expected.

You are taking the way YOU interpreted what he meant as fact, even though it can clearly be interpreted in other ways, so what makes your view fact?

You say he shouldve said most games, but he didn't clarify any number of games, he mentioned Nintendo incompetent as a company, and then named one game. No where in there is a statement that groups all Nintendo games.

Now if he would've said "due to Nintendo's incompetence I don't expect any Nintendo games to have online co-op", then I would agree with you. But he mentioned one game, mentioned Nintendo as a company and said expected, none of that equals " all Nintendo games have no online"

When you use the coach example it can be viewed as this:
due to the coach's incompetence, no one expect the team will win.
This means the coach always make the team lose
Which also means the team probably won before when they had a different coach

Apply this to nintendo now and il post everything the same except for some words
due to nintendo's incompetence, no one expect online.
This means that nintendo always make off line games
Which also means the games probably had online before when they had a different company

See something wrong with the last line? nintendo games never had a different company before to equate to the last line. All the games are by nintendo. So by pretty much applying the lines that came before, we have a pretty good idea what the context means
#83NathanmgPosted 8/6/2014 2:43:59 AM
As much as proper online would be nice I generally find that co-op Warriors games just result in both players acting independantly, matches end too soon and you end up with a lower score due to sharing the kills, works well for "farming" though.

I would prefer it to exist but I do find co-op in these games really favours local play and thankfully I pretty much always have people available for multiplayer games.
#84king_maddenPosted 8/6/2014 2:48:31 AM(edited)
Snow-Dust posted...
king_madden posted...

When you use the coach example it can be viewed as this:
due to the coach's incompetence, no one expect the team will win.
This means the coach always make the team lose
Which also means the team probably won before when they had a different coach

Apply this to nintendo now and il post everything the same except for some words
due to nintendo's incompetence, no one expect online.
This means that nintendo always make off line games
Which also means the games probably had online before when they had a different company

See something wrong with the last line? nintendo games never had a different company before to equate to the last line. All the games are by nintendo. So by pretty much applying the lines that came before, we have a pretty good idea what the context means

no, expecting something doesnt mean its a definite. expecting is pretty much the likely scenario, not the definite one. you cant show me anything where someone expectations meant it was the definite answer.

since when did "Expecting" something mean it will never happen? If I expect it to rain tomorrow does that mean it will? no, you can expect showers, but that doesnt mean they will come, it just means whatever you are getting your info from leads you to believe its likely. the coach being incompetent doesnt mean the team always loses, it just means he often makes decisions that dont always pan out. they could still win, people just dont expect them to. which does not mean in any shape or form that they CANT WIN as a fact.

and also you keep saying "no online" he never said "no online", he said "expecting it to not have online co-op". which means his expectations were correct. the game didnt have online co-op.

fact remains theres nothing in his post that says no wiiu game has online, you incorrectly assumed that from the words he used. nintendo being incompetent, as the reason he didnt expect online co-op in HW says nothing about the rest of the library.
#85Snow-DustPosted 8/6/2014 3:20:51 AM
king_madden posted...
no, expecting something doesnt mean its a definite. expecting is pretty much the likely scenario, not the definite one. you cant show me anything where someone expectations meant it was the definite answer.

since when did "Expecting" something mean it will never happen? If I expect it to rain tomorrow does that mean it will? no, you can expect showers, but that doesnt mean they will come, it just means whatever you are getting your info from leads you to believe its likely. the coach being incompetent doesnt mean the team always loses, it just means he often makes decisions that dont always pan out. they could still win, people just dont expect them to. which does not mean in any shape or form that they CANT WIN as a fact.

and also you keep saying "no online" he never said "no online", he said "expecting it to not have online co-op". which means his expectations were correct. the game didnt have online co-op.

fact remains theres nothing in his post that says no wiiu game has online, you incorrectly assumed that from the words he used. nintendo being incompetent, as the reason he didnt expect online co-op in HW says nothing about the rest of the library.

Of course expecting doesnt mean it wont happen. Though it definitely havent happened before unless stated otherwise like "except for this one time". If you say that to anyone out there, I bet the first thing people will ask is "so they never won before?" You have to state these details or else it is just open for questions and in the end, it will certainly lean more on my side than yours. In Ritster's case, this is how he stated.

Ok, he didnt expect co-op online on hyrule warriors but what other online modes would he expect there be on a warriors game. Maybe he didnt say nintendo games dont have online but he should say what kind of online he is expecting at least.

Then if he didnt mean no online games on wii u then he means there is no online co-op on wii u which there is a lot of wii u games that have online co-op like warriors orochi 3, ninja gaiden (im pretty sure), monster hunter 3 etc. Since he is expecting online co-op on a game from Koei and blaming it on nintendo when it isnt delivered, then surely the games i listed counts
#86king_maddenPosted 8/6/2014 3:27:44 AM
So you acknowledge that there are games with online/online co-op, yet you insist that he means there are no games with online?

Also no if you tell someone "we don't expect them to win", the usual question or response is " damn they must suck". It doesn't mean they have never won before or they couldn't win in the future. There have been teams who's record would be 2-10, going into the 14th week, what would you say about their chances to win or your expectations of them? You would say you aren't expecting them to win right? Even though they have won before. Its just mpre often they don't so its not expected.
#87crowe_1Posted 8/6/2014 3:29:15 AM
Wow. This may have changed to a " no buy" for me. No online co-op in a game like this is just unreal.
---
My SSBM combo vids:
http://www.youtube.com/user/crowe1
#88Snow-DustPosted 8/6/2014 3:50:18 AM
king_madden posted...
So you acknowledge that there are games with online/online co-op, yet you insist that he means there are no games with online?

Also no if you tell someone "we don't expect them to win", the usual question or response is " damn they must suck". It doesn't mean they have never won before or they couldn't win in the future. There have been teams who's record would be 2-10, going into the 14th week, what would you say about their chances to win or your expectations of them? You would say you aren't expecting them to win right? Even though they have won before. Its just mpre often they don't so its not expected.

They will SAY damn they suck but they will ASK so did they ever win?

Well, new evidence when Ritster says online co-op, he means online in general

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/631516-wii-u/69796176?page=2#qp

post number 24 and 27
Ritster21 posted...
Baha05 posted...
Ritster21 posted...
No surprise at all.

This is Nintendo, we are talking about, after all.

Again proof, we needs it before we blames people.

Do you really need proof? I mean, honestly.

It's Nintendo. It's a given with them.

Note the title says no online and not no online co-op. Now look at the line where he says It's Nintendo. It's a given with them. He instantly blamed nintendo for no online due to it being "given" even though nintendo does incorporate online, just look at MK8 and smash
#89TrueBlue91Posted 8/6/2014 3:57:08 AM
What is it with Nintendo? Did they sign some secret contract with M$ to always have a vastly inferior online system in every single way in exchange for money? I seriously cannot believe they are this clueless. It doesn't seem possible. It just doesn't even make sense.
---
Pour grammer annoy's me
#90king_maddenPosted 8/6/2014 12:36:00 PM
@snow
OK you are trying to take what he's saying literally.

We all know the game didn't have online co-op, and you're using a typing error, or failure to add co-op to a title as proof that every comment in the thread is referencing the no online completely. Its a very shaky podium you're standing on. You can see anyone can easily see that every person knows Mario kart has online (as much as people here talk about it) so why would you assume he thinks no Nintendo game has online?

Back to the coach/team argument They also wouldn't ask because they can see their record having a win on it. Again expecting something doesn't mean you feel it will never happen.