The ignorance of today's consumer is sickening...

#1yeti44Posted 8/5/2014 6:54:17 PM
Even today almost 2 years after the Wii U launch, there are people who don't know what a Wii U is, or who think it's just an add on for Wii.

I remember the days when consumers were educated. When we seeked out information about products before making buying decisions.

Nowadays we have this thing called the internet and google, but still people are too lazy to educate themselves. It has never been easier.

You would think if you were going to drop $400 on little Timmy's Christmas present, you would want to go into the store with some idea of what the hell you're buying. As if it was so hard to look at the console, look at the gamepad, look at the completely different game boxes, and figure out that it is a newer system.

/rant

Who else is sickened by today's consumer?
---
You went full Pony, man. Never go full Pony.
#2BDogg20Posted 8/5/2014 6:58:38 PM
Do you feel better after letting that out? Cause you've clearly demonstrated how salty you are
---
Reggie "Grimace" McKenzie Redemption Club
#3alienfreaks04Posted 8/5/2014 7:00:47 PM
It's marketing. The gamers who are all about knowing the latest tech know all about the Wii U, but in actuality, that is a small percentage. The mass majority doesn't know what a Wii U is, or just think I said the word Wii wrong.
---
FC: 3866-9130-9664
PM me if you add me for Pkmn XY
#4Granadico_Posted 8/5/2014 7:02:13 PM
People have been stupid for ages.
---
Call me Granny
Currently playing: Xenoblade (Wii), Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS), and slowly but sure Half-Life 2 (PC) | NNID/Steam/etc:Granadico
#5Schwepps01Posted 8/5/2014 7:04:24 PM
I know this is a joke topic but some people are going to actually defend this clown, so....

look at the completely different game boxes

And the extremely similar names. The confusion is exactly WHY consumers aren't buying this mediocre system, because they'd rather know what the hell they're buying. It's not a parent's job to stay informed on the latest trends in gaming, a name like PS4 conveys everything it needs to in 1 number, that is 4, it's an upgrade.
---
"Does that have unknown games in it?" --squatch22 inquiring if a list of upcoming PS4 games has unannounced games on it
#6yeti44(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2014 7:08:16 PM
Schwepps01 posted...
I know this is a joke topic but some people are going to actually defend this clown, so....

And the extremely similar names. The confusion is exactly WHY consumers aren't buying this mediocre system, because they'd rather know what the hell they're buying. It's not a parent's job to stay informed on the latest trends in gaming, a name like PS4 conveys everything it needs to in 1 number, that is 4, it's an upgrade.

*facepalm* Nintendo has never used a simple numbering scheme like that. In fact neither has M$ or Sega. Yet somehow we managed to figure out which product was the current gen and the last gen.

Consumers are just dumber and lazier than ever. How can you defend stupidity?
---
You went full Pony, man. Never go full Pony.
#7PS4WarriorPosted 8/5/2014 7:11:03 PM
Schwepps01 posted...

Plus the fact it look Nintendo like 6 months to actually show the console. All they kept showing was the shiny gamepad that easily could be mistaken for a Wii U add-on what with the 4 million different controllers the Wii had.
#8StriderVMPosted 8/5/2014 7:11:14 PM
Hey at least it has /rant in the end. It means he's clearly ranting.

/sarcasm

And yes I agree. Whats even worse is that when presented with data, they will even twist it so suit their own needs.
---
Hope for the Best. But expect the worst.
#9AstralFrostPosted 8/5/2014 7:13:23 PM
Actually I'd say its Nintendo's fault for not creating a memorable enough product.
---
Man at this rate I wouldn't be surprised if Mr. Iwata committed sudoku on himself
#10RemembrentPosted 8/5/2014 7:13:49 PM
Stupid consumers. How dare you not understand Nintendo's horrible marketing.