The ignorance of today's consumer is sickening...

#71ALCPosted 8/6/2014 3:40:33 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
ALC posted...
To the TC: most people are uneducated in many regards. They are illogical and too lazy to do research. How do you think the US got such an awful person to become president?

Are you talking about Bush, or Obama?

Oh, what do I care? Both were idiots.
The former was a chimpanzee obsessed with killing people, and the other... well, let's just say he's another word for "cat".

Sadly, the president of the US matters more to ME than it does to anyone who lives in the US, since the US and Canada are pretty much conjoined at the gonads. But that's a post for another topic/board.

I don't get why people STILL bring up Bush. This is 2014, right? So obviously I'm talking about Obama. Just look at the border. We have the threat of amnesty which will drive us down further, more and more illegals committing violent crimes against citizens, and even now a possible outbreak on our hands. It's been handled terribly. And this is basically just one issue.
#72Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/6/2014 3:44:02 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
Mewtwo_soul posted...
Avirosb posted...
ALC posted...
To the TC: most people are uneducated in many regards. They are illogical and too lazy to do research. How do you think the US got such an awful person to become president?
I guess because they really didn't like Vietnam?

Too bad they misplace their anger on the veterans some of who were drafted instead of going after politicians who are at fault for most of the US's faults in the first place.

/Insert politician rant here.

Why does this seem like the perfect analogy for the Wii U?

"It's the people's fault!"

"No, it's the government/Nintendo's fault for drafting/overspending/warcrap/not marketing!"

It just seemed kinda funny is all.

To be fair, it's both sides fault in that regard in a sense so to speak.

The Government spewed propaganda, and the general people ate it up without question.

All one has to do most of the time is make a baseless claim, have it end up on the news, and people will believe said statement.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#73Oni_TaedoPosted 8/6/2014 3:52:08 AM
ALC posted...
Oni_Taedo posted...
ALC posted...

Are you talking about Bush, or Obama?

Oh, what do I care? Both were idiots.
The former was a chimpanzee obsessed with killing people, and the other... well, let's just say he's another word for "cat".

Sadly, the president of the US matters more to ME than it does to anyone who lives in the US, since the US and Canada are pretty much conjoined at the gonads. But that's a post for another topic/board.

I don't get why people STILL bring up Bush. This is 2014, right? So obviously I'm talking about Obama. Just look at the border. We have the threat of amnesty which will drive us down further, more and more illegals committing violent crimes against citizens, and even now a possible outbreak on our hands. It's been handled terribly. And this is basically just one issue.

To be honest, you were pretty vague. For all I know, you could have been talking about any FORMER president. I was about 85% certain you meant Obama, but just wanted to be sure.

I'm probably the last person who should talk about politics, but he really does seem like an idiot.
Like, it seems like his heart is in the right place, but it's devoted to the wrong things. Like, yeah, jobs are an issue, and so is a lack of health care (trust me, free healthcare rocks), but the potential plague that could be coming over here (god I hope it doesn't. My anxiety is enough, thank you. Let China keep it, and then we can start making stuff over here. There we go, one communist country down, and employment rates go up... I don't even have a clue if it would work out that way) is an even bigger one.

They should be studying it OVER THERE. In the words of Superman, "Over there has to fend for itself".
---
PSN ID: Oni_Ishida
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheVGViking
#74AvirosbPosted 8/6/2014 3:52:49 AM
ALC posted...
I don't get why people STILL bring up Bush. This is 2014, right?
How's Iraq coming along?
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#75Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/6/2014 3:56:16 AM
Avirosb posted...
ALC posted...
How's Iraq coming along?

To be fair, with how "over there" is escalating into rapid war settings, I honestly think it was a matter of time before something would happen between the US getting involved and just ignoring it.

Sure, it doesn't defend some of Bush's actions (understatement) but people act like it wasn't headed that way in the long run when it kind of was.
---
Only insecure and ignorant people try to debase someone online based on their username.
#76vermilion99Posted 8/6/2014 3:57:23 AM
Crazy thought. Maybe parents haven't researched the WiiU because their kids aren't asking for one. I know plenty of people that know what a WiiU is, but that doesn't mean they want one. Are we also going to pretend that people that aren't big into gaming aren't always up to date on hardware? If you were a kid that had a NES and then wanted either a SNES or Genesis, you had to explain it A LOT to your parents.

And why would you deny that the marketing for the WiiU was horrible. There was confusion with game journalists after it's first unveil. A year after the WiiU was already on the market, the whole 3D World campaign was explaining exactly what a WiiU is.
#77Mewtwo_soulPosted 8/6/2014 4:06:52 AM
vermilion99 posted...
Crazy thought. Maybe parents haven't researched the WiiU because their kids aren't asking for one. I know plenty of people that know what a WiiU is, but that doesn't mean they want one. Are we also going to pretend that people that aren't big into gaming aren't always up to date on hardware? If you were a kid that had a NES and then wanted either a SNES or Genesis, you had to explain it A LOT to your parents.

And why would you deny that the marketing for the WiiU was horrible. There was confusion with game journalists after it's first unveil. A year after the WiiU was already on the market, the whole 3D World campaign was explaining exactly what a WiiU is.

Meh, I have a few issues with this general argument honestly.

Although there are more people up to date in gaming than previous years, you must keep in mind the casual audience will always be the majority, and by casual I mean the people who put a passive experience when buying or purchasing game related objects. And it's not just Wii U promotion this crap happens with either, even consoles from Sony to Microsoft.

Keep in mind also parents these days are different as back then games were a new "thing" that was an oddity. Now, it's become a common "thing." As such it shouldn't have the same impact when explaining what you want as it is more popular.

It's like comparing Pokemon when it first came out to now, if you don't know what it is NOW, well I'd be honestly surpised, back then is another story. (same too with games)

I'll give you though the promotion for Wii U in quite a few instances was definitely poorly done.
---
#78ALCPosted 8/6/2014 4:29:30 AM
Avirosb posted...
ALC posted...
How's Iraq coming along?

Haha, see what I mean? Always deflecting. By the way, Iraq is gone. Everything gone to waste.

So how about that border?
#79yeti44(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 5:16:08 AM
vermilion99 posted...

Mario Kart sold 35 million on Wii. Are we to believe that the audience for MK8 has disappeared?

I think not. Trust me, plenty of kids want a Wii U. It's just that their parents are ignorant and lazy.

Oh well maybe a few more ads telling people to upgrade to Wii U will do the trick. It's just sad that Nintendo has to spoon feed it to the ignorant masses.
---
You went full Pony, man. Never go full Pony.
#80vermilion99Posted 8/6/2014 5:30:59 AM
yeti44 posted...
vermilion99 posted...

Mario Kart sold 35 million on Wii. Are we to believe that the audience for MK8 has disappeared?

I think not. Trust me, plenty of kids want a Wii U. It's just that their parents are ignorant and lazy.

Oh well maybe a few more ads telling people to upgrade to Wii U will do the trick. It's just sad that Nintendo has to spoon feed it to the ignorant masses.

Your posts are hilarious. Hopefully you don't actually believe what you post