The ignorance of today's consumer is sickening...

#91lordofthenlpplePosted 8/6/2014 10:15:27 AM
I doubt thats the reason the Wii U isnt selling
---
http://english.cri.cn/mmsource/images/2009/07/06/4220xtylnliuye4.jpg
#92yeti44(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2014 2:01:45 PM
bandit__74 posted...
TpaulH posted...
I agree completely, TC. This has constantly baffled me. It's not hard to realize Wii U is a completely different system to the Wii. It's ridiculous that people still don't get it.

It takes all of five minutes on the internet to find out (probably less). We can blame marketing all we want, but people can get their own information, too, in record time compared to past eras. There's not much if any excuse for this.

Here's the thing, people are stupid. We all know that. They are mindless automatons who buy what they are told to buy. Unfortunately for the WiiU, Nintendo isn't telling anyone to buy it.

As for people being too stupid to figure out the difference between the Wii and WiiU, again we knew this. If we knew it then Nintendo ought to have known it too. They should have marketed the machine better and they should have been clearer as to what the machine was. If you know your target audience is a bunch of drooling morons, it is incumbent upon you to ensure that they understand your product. You cannot expect an idiot to suddenly become intelligent when it is time to buy your product.

Apparently you don't own a TV. During the holiday season you couldn't go 15 minutes without an ad for 3D World.

Stupid consumers are to blame. The "blame Nintendo first" attitude is getting very tiring....
---
You went full Pony, man. Never go full Pony.
#93gordanchoongPosted 8/6/2014 2:11:25 PM
https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=pG9gulc66jB43M&tbnid=xJ3y-0V4HY5vkM:&ved=0CAUQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rifeshare.com%2Fnintendo-wii-gamepad%2F&ei=96fiU_ivKtLd8AWa1IKQDA&bvm=bv.72676100,d.dGc&psig=AFQjCNFDpmQ5rmg8yffnificvLcb5dCObA&ust=1407449416942183
#94gordanchoongPosted 8/6/2014 2:12:41 PM
That link to the picture I posted...seems different to me...
#95HalloIsItMeYourPosted 8/6/2014 2:14:01 PM
Fantastic satire.
#96bandit__74Posted 8/6/2014 2:58:35 PM(edited)
yeti44 posted...
bandit__74 posted...
TpaulH posted...
I agree completely, TC. This has constantly baffled me. It's not hard to realize Wii U is a completely different system to the Wii. It's ridiculous that people still don't get it.

It takes all of five minutes on the internet to find out (probably less). We can blame marketing all we want, but people can get their own information, too, in record time compared to past eras. There's not much if any excuse for this.

Here's the thing, people are stupid. We all know that. They are mindless automatons who buy what they are told to buy. Unfortunately for the WiiU, Nintendo isn't telling anyone to buy it.

As for people being too stupid to figure out the difference between the Wii and WiiU, again we knew this. If we knew it then Nintendo ought to have known it too. They should have marketed the machine better and they should have been clearer as to what the machine was. If you know your target audience is a bunch of drooling morons, it is incumbent upon you to ensure that they understand your product. You cannot expect an idiot to suddenly become intelligent when it is time to buy your product.

Apparently you don't own a TV. During the holiday season you couldn't go 15 minutes without an ad for 3D World.

Stupid consumers are to blame. The "blame Nintendo first" attitude is getting very tiring....

Well isn't the prevailing theory around here that the PS4 sells on hype alone? If that's the case then why doesn't Nintendo just hype up the WiiU? After all, hype is all that's necessary to sell a product, right? Right...?

Ultimately it is Nintendo's responsibility to market their product.

Edit: Also, I live in Canada and watch mostly only sports on TV. I don't watch TV programmes per se. I saw a lot of XB1 commercials and a lot of PS4 commercials. I did not see any WiiU commercials. Again, I don't watch anything other than Sports and Food Network so take that for what you will.
#97LMwest09Posted 8/6/2014 3:53:42 PM
alienfreaks04 posted...
It's marketing. The gamers who are all about knowing the latest tech know all about the Wii U, but in actuality, that is a small percentage. The mass majority doesn't know what a Wii U is, or just think I said the word Wii wrong.

The majority doesn't know Gamestop buys your used games, and their marketing is through the roof. The majority doesn't know what is updated in the latest iPhone except for the screen and casing, and that's because they don't care. The majority doesn't know about MS' blunders with the Xbox One and that was a huge deal with lots of press, yet it still sells.

The point is that people who aren't interested in a product, no matter the marketing/press it receives, will simply not know anything about said product. Period.
#98alienfreaks04Posted 8/6/2014 5:09:12 PM
LMwest09 posted...
alienfreaks04 posted...
It's marketing. The gamers who are all about knowing the latest tech know all about the Wii U, but in actuality, that is a small percentage. The mass majority doesn't know what a Wii U is, or just think I said the word Wii wrong.

The majority doesn't know Gamestop buys your used games, and their marketing is through the roof. The majority doesn't know what is updated in the latest iPhone except for the screen and casing, and that's because they don't care. The majority doesn't know about MS' blunders with the Xbox One and that was a huge deal with lots of press, yet it still sells.

The point is that people who aren't interested in a product, no matter the marketing/press it receives, will simply not know anything about said product. Period.

Yes exactly.
I'm not interested in buying a tablet. I know the names of some buy I don't know any details because I don't care, even though I frequent sites like IGN that reviews them.
---
FC: 3866-9130-9664
PM me if you add me for Pkmn XY
#99ResidentECVXPosted 8/6/2014 5:34:43 PM
yeti44 posted...
bandit__74 posted...
TpaulH posted...

"How dare people not do research and buy my company's ****ty products!"
---
"If The Suspense Doesn't Kill You, Something Else Will!" - Resident Evil 2
#100SplatterHouse55Posted 8/8/2014 10:27:01 AM
TpaulH posted...

People could get that information faster than ever. However, they don't because they don't want to, and they don't want to because they're not interested. You have to first be interested in something to want to do any research on it.
---
Ever since I started working, every day has been worse than the last, so every time you see me it's the worst day of my life. - Office Space