How often is Mario's history of plumbing brought up in his games?

#1RemixDeluxePosted 8/5/2014 11:43:10 PM
As far as I can remember its maybe brought up once in the first M&L game then afterwards you never really hear about it again, then theres the movie that talks about their work experience with plumbing.

Other than that what else is there?
---
It all starts with this, a jewel containing the ultimate power.
-Shadow the Hedgehog
#2Genericgamer667Posted 8/5/2014 11:47:49 PM
they fixed the pipe in 3d world
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767 NNID: Seadrake
It is a remake, not my fault you people think ports are remakes (but only on Nintendo systems)-Demondog666
#3AvirosbPosted 8/5/2014 11:54:25 PM
He retired, rescue missions take up too much time.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#4PennywiseJimPosted 8/5/2014 11:57:22 PM
Not much at all any more. It was mostly referenced in the 80's. Miyamoto decided on Mario's profession with the original Mario Bros, which takes place in the sewers. I guess he was supposed to be a construction worker before that in Donkey Kong, but it never really stuck. Miyamoto basically wanted Mario to be a normal working class guy instead of some super hero.
#5NathanmgPosted 8/6/2014 2:30:15 AM
PennywiseJim posted...
Not much at all any more. It was mostly referenced in the 80's. Miyamoto decided on Mario's profession with the original Mario Bros, which takes place in the sewers. I guess he was supposed to be a construction worker before that in Donkey Kong, but it never really stuck. Miyamoto basically wanted Mario to be a normal working class guy instead of some super hero.

Yeah this, his plumbing past is mentioned hardly any more than his carpentry history.
#6Ghost-inZeShellPosted 8/6/2014 2:40:51 AM
Basically, he goes through pipes, sometimes water.
Never seen him with a wrench or a plunger.
---
Don't rock the boat. Don't even get in the boat! Just buy some ice cream and walk around the pier. But don't go in the bathrooms; they're filthy!
#7bigjnycPosted 8/6/2014 4:02:56 AM
What reason would thee be to mentioned it unless they make a mini game on a puzzle game based off if. Now if there was a new cartoon I could see it referenced there or a even make a whole episode about bout them going to Brooklyn and work on some sewers King Koopa messed with for what ever reason.
---
XBL Mii Verse-bigJnyc. Feel free to add me message me Gamefaqs. I get Nintendo systems for Mario and Zelda Xbox systems for Halo and Gears of War
#8LiquefyPosted 8/6/2014 7:17:46 AM
Every time there are PIPES (practically EVERY Mario game)!
---
Animal Crossing: New Leaf Dream Code: 1500-2565-5525 Refurbished Items on Display
#9retrogoodsPosted 8/6/2014 7:19:55 AM
Not many references, but the pipes in most of the games keep the idea of him being a plumber in mind.
---
Look at my game collection before spouting out that I have brand loyalty to one company. http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/retrogoods/games/owned
#10toadiemanPosted 8/6/2014 7:22:32 AM
If I can just punch blocks for money I wouldn't work either.
---
I can't wait to bomb some dodongos