Some statistics on Wii U / PS4 / XB1 sales

#111king_maddenPosted 8/6/2014 1:59:29 AM
DEMONPANDA212 posted...
I'd kind of like to see a best day or month (but no idea if that's possible).

Day I'd imagine would be launch, but month would be interesting as for a lot of systems, 1 game seems to make the difference. Like MK8 for WiiU.

month would still be the same, launch month is always highest. second would probably be one of the holiday months.

wiiu sold a couple million i believe in its first month or so, while mario kart, didnt even sell over 600k units in the month before during and after release.
#112AvirosbPosted 8/6/2014 2:02:02 AM
Does anyone have a statistic on how often statistics are brought up on this board?
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
#113king_maddenPosted 8/6/2014 2:10:50 AM
@squatch22

lol even if all that is correct, around 150k difference is not a large enough gap to vote something as just inaccurate. that would still be considered fairly accurate. "OMG its 6.88, and not 6.70 thats just wayy too inaccurate" you're grasping at straws here. not even to mention its very likely wiiu didnt do 200k last month, seeing as though it did around 150-200k in june, and sales havent been exactly climbing since last month so its either the same or a little lower.
#114king_maddenPosted 8/6/2014 2:11:17 AM
Avirosb posted...
Does anyone have a statistic on how often statistics are brought up on this board?

I say it is your mission...if you choose to accept it...
#115ALCPosted 8/6/2014 2:19:26 AM
Why do people still take the bait? If you ignore them, they'll get bored and go away.
#116AvirosbPosted 8/6/2014 2:21:07 AM
king_madden posted...
Avirosb posted...

I say it is your mission...if you choose to accept it...

I do not, hence my question.
---
#117king_maddenPosted 8/6/2014 2:28:44 AM
Well your question was did anyone have it, I was saying it could be your mission to provide that, if you really wanted to know.
#118YodaCrackersPosted 8/6/2014 2:30:48 AM
You can also factor in price. Xbox One was the most expensive for its first 6 months. Wii U was always cheapest. Also, the number of countries in which each console is for sale: 13 for XB1 versus 72 for PS4. Finally, the Wii U was only competing against old consoles for its first year.
---
I have a supernumerary nipple.
#119AvirosbPosted 8/6/2014 2:34:12 AM
king_madden posted...
Well your question was did anyone have it, I was saying it could be your mission to provide that, if you really wanted to know.
Methinks you're confusing questions with statements. A simple 'no' would suffice.
---
#120BossfellaPosted 8/6/2014 2:55:38 AM
I wish Nintendo would break up 3DS sales for each model.
---
If life's not beautiful without the pain, well, I would just rather never, ever see beauty again.