Some statistics on Wii U / PS4 / XB1 sales

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Some statistics on Wii U / PS4 / XB1 sales
10 months ago#121
Thoughts? Easy come. Easy go.
10 months ago#122
My understanding was Xbone shipped figures are 5 mil, but sales are 3 mil. According to recent articles saying PS4 is outselling Xbone 3:1.

Unless I am confuse.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
10 months ago#123
Lol@Vita...
---
You went full Pony, man. Never go full Pony.
10 months ago#124
Setzera posted...
My understanding was Xbone shipped figures are 5 mil, but sales are 3 mil. According to recent articles saying PS4 is outselling Xbone 3:1.

Unless I am confuse.

Xbox One shipments were at 5m up to the end of March. Microsoft reported 1.1m console shipments in Apr/May/Jun, but didn't split that between Xbox One and Xbox 360, so Xbox One has definitely shipped more than 5m, but it's unclear how much more.

A realistic guess would be 0.6m Xbox One shipments during the past quarter, putting the Xbox One at 5.6m. The Xbox One passed the 3m sold mark in Janaury, so current sales are probably ~5m (or close enough).

We do not have comparable shipment figures for the PS4. The last update was 7m sales (not shipments) in April. We know that Sony shipped 3.5m consoles in the past quarter, but, like Microsoft, that's a combined figure and includes both PS3 and PS4.

A realistic guess would be that 7.5m PS4s were shipped to reach that 7m sales figure in April, and that (at least) 2.5m PS4s were shipped last quarter, putting PS4 shipments over 10m.

Anywhere that you've seen saying that the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One 3:1 was only talking about recent sales, although most of them don't do a good job of making that clear. In January, sales (not shipments) were 4.2m PS4s and 3m Xbox Ones - so they both had good launches. Since then, there's been ~2m Xbox One sales and ~6m PS4 sales, which is where the 3:1 ratio is coming from.
10 months ago#125
winston28single posted...
AstralFrost posted...
I ran some numbers on the three 8th gen consoles for comparative purposes. For the release date I've taken the earliest date from wikipedia, total sales figures are from vgchartz.

Wii U

Release date: 18 November 2012
Days on the market: 608
Total sales: 6,708,181
Sales per day: 11,033

PS4

Release date: 15 November 2013
Days on the market: 246
Total sales: 8,746,430
Sales per day: 35,554

XB1

Release date: 22 November 2012
Days on the market: 239
Total sales: 4,956,672
Sales per day: 20,739

Thoughts? Disagreements? Any figures need to be changed?

Ponies will buy anything with PS on it.

PS Vita

Release date: 17 December 2011
Days on the market: 945
Total sales: 8,600,325
Sales per day: 9,100

Anything with PS on it.
10 months ago#126
Kolo32 posted...
winston28single posted...
Ponies will buy anything with PS on it.

PS Vita

Release date: 17 December 2011
Days on the market: 945
Total sales: 8,600,325
Sales per day: 9,100

Anything with PS on it.

Well now we know there are currently 8,600,325 ponies in existence.
---
Console wars are like pissing contests. So yeah.
10 months ago#127
"Specs don't matter"

Wii U got gimped or no multiplats due to not being able to handle PS4/XB1 titles and thats a good part of the reason its selling so poorly. Seems like they matter to me.

So is being gimped or no multiplats (or, in the Wii's case, both) the reason why the PS1, Ps2, and Wii outsold their counterparts?
10 months ago#128
Lolvgchartz.... Let us know when you have some reliable data, troll...
---
You went full Pony, man. Never go full Pony.
10 months ago#129
Launch Fiscal year (units sold)
Wiiu 3.4 mil
PS4 7 mil
PS3 3.6 mill
X1 5 mil (shipped)

first full fiscal year (units sold)
Wii u 2.7 mil
PS3 9.2 mil

2nd full fiscal year (units sold)
wii u 3.6 mil (projected)
PS3 10.1 mil

The reason I put PS3 on there is it was the worst selling console last gen early years. So far it seems new PS and xbox consoles are better head start but even PS3 managed 4-5 million sales in Q3 until recent years alone (PS3 Q3 sales sells more then entire year worth of wii u). We will have to see if PS4 or x1 can do those numbers especially this holiday season. Wiiu is doing a lot worst considering it can't compete with PS3 sales and the wii crushed the PS3 sales.
---
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/1198847692478tg1.gif
http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u222/xechs/rankastar.gif Ranka-Macross Frontier
10 months ago#130
Eoin posted...
Setzera posted...

Unless I am confuse.

Xbox One shipments were at 5m up to the end of March. Microsoft reported 1.1m console shipments in Apr/May/Jun, but didn't split that between Xbox One and Xbox 360, so Xbox One has definitely shipped more than 5m, but it's unclear how much more.

A realistic guess would be 0.6m Xbox One shipments during the past quarter, putting the Xbox One at 5.6m. The Xbox One passed the 3m sold mark in Janaury, so current sales are probably ~5m (or close enough).

We do not have comparable shipment figures for the PS4. The last update was 7m sales (not shipments) in April. We know that Sony shipped 3.5m consoles in the past quarter, but, like Microsoft, that's a combined figure and includes both PS3 and PS4.

A realistic guess would be that 7.5m PS4s were shipped to reach that 7m sales figure in April, and that (at least) 2.5m PS4s were shipped last quarter, putting PS4 shipments over 10m.

Anywhere that you've seen saying that the PS4 is outselling the Xbox One 3:1 was only talking about recent sales, although most of them don't do a good job of making that clear. In January, sales (not shipments) were 4.2m PS4s and 3m Xbox Ones - so they both had good launches. Since then, there's been ~2m Xbox One sales and ~6m PS4 sales, which is where the 3:1 ratio is coming from.

Yeah, I find a lot of those articles to be a bit shady with leaving out important information. I usually don't base much on any of them, because I know even the companies themselves are putting out different types of figures. Some are sold, some are shipped, so no one can really tell how many have actually sold to consumers.

The reason I end up in these topics, is in hope that maybe someone has legitimate sold numbers. Never happens though.
---
| AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0 ghz | MSI 970A-G46 | MSI HD 7870 2GB | 8GB 1600 DDR3 | 650W Corsair | Win7 64bit | 1TB WD Blue | CM 912 HAF |
  1. Boards
  2. Wii U
  3. Some statistics on Wii U / PS4 / XB1 sales

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived